Tire sizes for Begode Master

Rodrigo Salfer

Tire change in Begode Master 

Here in Brazil the original size 80/90-14 is not available. I can choose between 90/90-14 or 80/100-14

I would prefer the 90/90 for being wider in 1cm and 1,7cm taller and have less train track, but I don't know if it well fit.

The 80/100-14 it is 1,5 taller and is the same wide

Can you help me with pro and cons of these options?

• Like 1

The tire sizes vary wildly from model to model. Sounds like you are perhaps comparing different tire models?

Btw, wider tires tend to have more train tracking than narrower ones, not less. Although 10mm is small enough to be drowned by the tire model differences.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Francisconyc said:

Riding results?

I did test drives with several different pressures. 50psi (3.5bar) - 26psi (1.8bar) . The most comfortable and well controlled is 27.6psi (1.9bar) with my weight of 236lbs (107kg) :) . Since this tire is now almost 21 inches, the pressure can be kept lower  :) . If the pressure is more than 28psi it tends to bounce and vibrate on the gravel road and becomes like a regular tire. With lower pressure it is good even at high speed and at low speed it turns easily and is sensitive to control. Longer tests are still ahead. I will write when I have really driven the tire. 

Sorry! The text can be very awkward, because I write with google translate :)

Edited by Raptor
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 2 months later...
On 9/11/2022 at 11:57 PM, Francisconyc said:

So tire fits? Can you send a link?

The tire fits perfectly .   I bought it from a local tire shop in Estonia . I think it can be ordered from anywhere !?  The tire itself: Heidenau K66 90/90 14

• Upvote 1

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 11/15/2022 at 3:56 PM, Raptor said:

The tire fits perfectly .   I bought it from a local tire shop in Estonia . I think it can be ordered from anywhere !?  The tire itself: Heidenau K66 90/90 14

I've recently installed the same tire, the same size 90/90-14 but since it is very precise i preferred to install spacers between batteries ans frame so to gain some space between tire and batteries. 4mm each side.
At the first ride I felt like the first time I were riding an ECU, and after 100km I can confirm my complete disappoint, I can't ride over 40km/h without feel in danger, over this speed my Master start wobbling spontaneously and I can consider 40km/h the very last safe speed, a complete disaster IMHO.
My weight is 65kg, I've stared with 30PSI, then decreased to 22PSI but without a noticeable increase in stability.
I'll wait for another kind of tire and then I'll drop this k66 in the trash.

Edited by digithom

4 hours ago, digithom said:

then I'll drop this k66 in the trash.

I’m sure you can sell it pretty easily, it’s generally a well liked tire.

Although, first you might want to make sure that the tire runs straight. EUC rims don’t usually force the tire into place, so the centering must be done manually.

• 5 weeks later...
On 8/30/2022 at 2:33 PM, Raptor said:

:) , I just ordered for my Master (narrow rim) tire Heidenau K66 90/90 14  52P RF . It fit very precisely. A little bigger would not have fit !  I am currently testing with different pressures and running in the tire. I am currently testing with different pressures and running in the tire. At the moment, everything is working perfectly. I will write more about the results after some time.

20220908_105636.jpg

20220908_105525.jpg

20220908_120600.jpg

20220907_172930.jpg

Nice pics! Super late comment but, how did you add the white text? Tire pen or tape?

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/17/2023 at 12:39 AM, loofv said:

Nice pics! Super late comment but, how did you add the white text? Tire 

it is some kind of tire marker. They are probably available at every tire store. I bought it myself from aliexpress.

Edited by Raptor