Strange noises coming from inside a KS-18L while charging

Spaghetteh

My buddy is over with the 18L I had sold to him last November and I've noticed it's been making some weird noises while charging that it never used to make when I owned it. It sounds like a servo is going wild on the inside of the wheel; kind of like the way an ink printer sounds.

I know it had gone down in a couple ~20mph crashes within the first few months I sold it to him. Also, this last weekend it got let down on pavement several times at walking speeds while someone else tried to learn to ride on it. I had noticed it was making an unusual humming noise while charging last week prior to the learning session but it sounded much worse last night.

I attached an audio file of the noise it's making to the post. It's not the greatest quality so you might have to turn up the volume - I promise there's no loud surprise noises in the recording.

6 hours ago, Spaghetteh said:

I had noticed it was making an unusual humming noise while charging last week prior to the learning session but it sounded much worse last night.

Maybe a stuck fan?

But not moving electric components and circuitry can make strange sounds too once compromised.

One should open the wheel and find the source of this noise.