Amped Electric Games 2022 (September 1st-5th in Bentonville Arkansas)

• 4 weeks later...

Hey everyone!

I couldn't find a topic around the Amped Electric Games event this September in Betonville, AR. Who else is going?? We are making 3 exciting announcements regarding the event tonight at 7pm PST on our YouTube channel here. Can't wait to meet some of you there1

Bentonville is a nice town, it's pretty sweaty out there tho—September isn't terrible bad but still, it's enough to keep me far far away. And dress for chiggers, they're the worst. If you need clothes substitutes though, it is the home of Walmart and they have a museum if you're a fan.

Have fun, should be a blast!

ps: Bring at least one sack of money for pecans. AR grows really good ones and they're dirt cheap.
pps: the Ozarks are downright beautiful

Edited by Tawpie

18 hours ago, Tawpie said:

Bentonville is a nice town, it's pretty sweaty out there tho—September isn't terrible bad but still, it's enough to keep me far far away. And dress for chiggers, they're the worst. If you need clothes substitutes though, it is the home of Walmart and they have a museum if you're a fan.

Have fun, should be a blast!

ps: Bring at least one sack of money for pecans. AR grows really good ones and they're dirt cheap.
pps: the Ozarks are downright beautiful

Thanks for the advice! I do love my pecans. Are chiggers like ticks? Any advice on a good spot to take a dip in the Ozarks? We'll be there a day or two early. 

Been decades since I've been there, but the 'big' nearby lake is Beaver Lake, a bit to the East. It's pretty big and there are lots of places to play around it, State parks mean easy water access. Their tourist literature lays claim to lots of mtn biking but I have no idea if they cotton to them damn lektrik thingamabobs on their trails, as alway it's best to ask in advance. Bike people will be bike people, bless their hearts.

Tricks to avoid chiggers: tuck your pants into your socks when you're in tall grass, and get nakie and brush off thoroughly before you come indoors (they do brush right off). Ticks are real there too, it's always good to do a close inspection after you're in the woods.

Edited by Tawpie
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • meepmeepmayer changed the title to Amped Electric Games Information (September 1st-5th in Bentonville Arkansas)
  • RagingGrandpa changed the title to Amped Electric Games 2022 (September 1st-5th in Bentonville Arkansas)