ISO first wheel, San Francisco bay area CA

Highly suggesting you to buy a decent specs EUC, as you can always electronically limit its speed if not yet confident with higher speeds. This way, you'll probably want to upgrade in a few months, and not a few weeks 😀

Denny is right about it. 

On 8/1/2022 at 4:26 PM, Denny Paul said:

I have an upper spec one for sale on Craigslist. If you were looking to buy once, this is one you can learn on and grow into. Feel free to ask questions.

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/spo/d/walnut-creek-gotway-msp-ht-with-lots-of/7512588050.html

That one is pretty attractive. I want one with suspension, but I'm not sure how important that actually is. I expect to use it 70% pavement 30% trails

• Confused 1

9 hours ago, Togglemonkey said:

That one is pretty attractive. I want one with suspension, but I'm not sure how important that actually is. I expect to use it 70% pavement 30% trails

In my opinion, if you want a good one with suspension, you won't be able to find it used. I haven't tried the newest machines out there like the master or the hero yet, but they're very new and not likely to be sold used for a while. Plus you're also dealing with the newest model wheels, meaning they don't have enough time in circulation to form any reputation of reliability. 

suspension in theory is great, and im sure will eventually take over EUCs as an obvious choice. But the V11 and s18 (old enough to find used now) are rudimentary 1st attempts and are far from ideal wheels.

V11: Decent wheel mid power wheel, but suspension is overly floaty to the point where the wheel becomes hard to predict in fast corners. Overall the EUC is a little sleepy, but can comfortably cruise at 30 mph for most of it's battery life. You just have to push it a lot to get it there. Does best as a commuter when you're riding to get from A to B, rather than going out for a spirited ride just to enjoy it.

S18: Excellent suspension, but imo a horrible wheel. Small battery, and very sluggish, even compared to the V11. Have to push it a whole lot to get it to accelerate up hills. Comfortable cruising at 28 mph for most of it's battery, cause you get tilt back at 31mph. Ergonomics are terrible. Widest part of the wheel is at your knees, so you have to ride bowlegged, or on the very lateral outside of the foot plates making them feel too small.

I really want to like suspension but I'm not sold yet. I've owned both a v11 and an s18 at one point to do my own side by side comparisons, and me and my local friends agreed. I like paved roads, friends like to mix it in with dirt like you do. We'll be sticking with higher performance wheels for now until they get significantly better. Once you try a faster machine, with better acceleration and brakes, it's just hard to justify going back cause there's no real downside of having more power in EUCs. They don't take off from underneath you or anything like that, they're just able to give more when other wheels quit.

• Like 1

I have a Gotway Nikola AR+ for sale. I live in Boise but I'm in San Jose this week and next week, except for this coming Friday 8/12 thru next Tuesday 8/16 when I'll be in SoCal. It's got roughly 700 miles and works perfectly. Comes with Clark pads. 

Edited by Esso