S1000 SuperRide

Bryant

Looking for info on how to get to the battery to test it.  I can’t get it recharged and the charger tests out okay…. I want to make sure battery is still good.  Anyone ever run into this issue???

You will not find anyone who is a fan of S1000 here.
60V * 4.4Ah = 264Wh battery with a top speed of 20mph AND sitting form factor is a disaster waiting to happen.
Cut your losses and buy an e-bike if the sitting form factor is for you. Or get a normal electric unicycle, not a death toy.

That being said, if you open your device there should be a pretty heavy "brick" which will be your battery.
You can try to measure voltage (not amperage) across the battery...

Since you have zero experience in electronics, I strongly advise you to bring it to your local shop that works on e-bikes and e-scooters and ask there.
60V is enough to catch fire if you short it on accident.

This thing cut off on a slope that's less than 20 degrees. At a speed of almost nothing. Do not use it.

Edited by atdlzpae

• 10 months later...

Good morning,  This might be way to late but I was gifted 2 of these units that the previous owner bought on Amazon a year before. Both had never been charged or used.  I ran each one and after the charge went to a low level it caused a machine unit shutoff mid ride. In one case I was thrown over the handlebars at full speed.  When trying to charge each of these units I never received the green charge light on the charge transformer it continually stayed red.  I had to open the battery box on each unit and then cut the the plastic shrink wrap on each battery.  After measuring voltages I found that each bank was connected to the other via a large flat soldier connection at end.  This solder connection was burned in half in both batteries.  Weird but true, not sure if there is something wrong in their design and the cycle is allowing a large enough amp draw to burn through the connective joint.  Final solution was to soldier a large enough gauge wire between the two banks and problem solved.  The scooters work fine and the battery charger now turns green when plugged in.  Hope this helps!

• Like 1