Begode RS 19 HT - doesn't charge

3 minutes ago, Funky said:

I also live in 3rd floor and i don't want anything more heavy than 66lbs. :D Everyday 2-4 times carrying the thing. Doh for my it isn't a problem and i could probably carry 80lbs with one hand, without any problems. It's sad that most performance wheel also includes "big" batteries. Which i personally don't need. I need maybe max 25km a day. I would have been happy with 40km range wheel. Doh all the "bigger" wheels offer more range. :D Which means also more weight..

Even my 18xl is to "big"(battery wise) as i charge it once a week. :D 

Ah, but you need battery for overhead, whether for high current discharge, or lower voltage sag.

Yes, you are a strong man, but it is still commendable for carrying 53 lbs up and down 3 flights of stairs 2 to 4 times a day. That is no picnic. But then I am the guy who needs to carry 64 lbs up and down 5 steps. Yes, steps.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, techyiam said:

Ah, but you need battery for overhead, whether for high current discharge, or lower voltage sag.

Yes, you are a strong man, but it is still commendable for carrying 53 lbs up and down 3 flights of stairs 2 to 4 times a day. That is no picnic. But then I am the guy who needs to carry 64 lbs up and down 5 steps. Yes, steps.

More like 57lbs, but whos counting.:D The M/C tire added another ~3lbs. (Yes it is 2x heavier than original tire.) + Aftermarket pedals and "cover".

I so love how the RS looks and that real 18x3" tire.. Sad that it's so bad in rain. And also the insides quality isn't the best. Otherwise it would have been my dream wheel. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Funky said:

I so love how the RS looks and that real 18x3" tire.. Sad that it's so bad in rain. And also the insides quality isn't the best. Otherwise it would have been my dream wheel. 

I agree with you here entirely, except perhaps on looks. It looks nice. But for me, in person, the S22 looks nicer. I do like the way the RS-19 feels and rides. You hit the nail on the head concerning the negatives.

On another topic but related, based on what eWheels has done with the S18 (adding Molicels), and now the RS-19, I am feeling a vibe that Jason is trending to become a manufacturer of euc's.

Further away from original topic, I wouldn't be surprised if the Russians come out with an euc's one of these days.

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, techyiam said:

No way, two flights of stairs. You are a euc diehard. Also, you are going to be fit alright. RS-19 does indeed makes sense for you. It's 60 lbs, and it's a 19" wheel. You won't do better for a performance wheel if weight is the determining factor.

PEV means a lot to me for several reasons. I can't image a life without that anymore. And many of you enthusiasts feel the same. :)

• Like 1

13 hours ago, techyiam said:

I agree with you here entirely, except perhaps on looks. It looks nice. But for me, in person, the S22 looks nicer. I do like the way the RS-19 feels and rides. You hit the nail on the head concerning the negatives.

On another topic but related, based on what eWheels has done with the S18 (adding Molicels), and now the RS-19, I am feeling a vibe that Jason is trending to become a manufacturer of euc's.

Further away from original topic, I wouldn't be surprised if the Russians come out with an euc's one of these days.

And yet one point left to question, … why does the e-wheels version not have a display? The “trend” is towards convenience… I know that EUC riding allows free-hands, but we can't stare on an APP every time or let an APP run in the background. I want to see speed, temperature & estimated range at a glance.

The experienced riders among you who are passionate about carving or practising technical off-road will certainly not want to miss a display anymore. That, of course, was just one of my motivations for the RS-19. The future is bright. I believe that the community will increase the influence of the major players. Perhaps we will be able to have our own unique designs, who knows. :)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ElectricNici said:

PEV means a lot to me for several reasons. I can't image a life without that anymore. And many of you enthusiasts feel the same. :)

PEV'S makes so much for sense for urban folks, whether for doing errands, light grocery shopping, commuting, or whatnot. So cost effective, And they are so much fun.

If you don't mind my asking, I think you said you rode scooters before this. Were these electric kick scooters, or electric scooters? And did you ride in car lanes with traffic? 

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, ElectricNici said:

And yet one point left to question, … why does the e-wheels version not have a display?

I don't really know. The thing is, the original RS-19 did not have an onboard display. My guess would be these more robust shells were available before the RS-19 had the onboard displays?

The “trend” is towards convenience… I know that EUC riding allows free-hands, but we can't stare on an APP every time or let an APP run in the background. I want to see speed, temperature & estimated range at a glance.

My Begode T3 has the same display as your RS-19. My V12 has an onboard touch display. So I am quite used to having an onboard display. I used them all the time. The V12 has a clock too. This something I miss on the T3.

That, of course, was just one of my motivations for the RS-19. The future is bright. I believe that the community will increase the influence of the major players. Perhaps we will be able to have our own unique designs, who knows.

I also think the community does have an influence. New wheels now are equipped with better lighting, power pads, spike pedals, smarter BMS's, and etc. 

• Like 2

I heard somewhere that first batch they didn't have display. Second batch they added the display. And 3rd batch they again removed the display..

(You don't really need the display.. Are you looking at it at all while riding?) After some riding you can tell how fast you are riding by simply wind noise, or passing by objects.. I literally can tell how fast i'm riding without any screen. :D When i'm riding only with wrist guards i go under 20kph. (Even after ride i check EUCWorld and it shows max speed ~22kph.) When i gear up i ride ~35kph most of time. And if i speed little bit more, i know i will get the 40kph alarms. (And as soon i speed up little bit i hear the alarms.) :D 

Edited by Funky

18 hours ago, techyiam said:

PEV'S makes so much for sense for urban folks, whether for doing errands, light grocery shopping, commuting, or whatnot. So cost effective, And they are so much fun.

If you don't mind my asking, I think you said you rode scooters before this. Were these electric kick scooters, or electric scooters? And did you ride in car lanes with traffic? 

Yes, I also ride on car lanes if bike lanes or bike ways aren't available in traffic. I still have/ride my electric scooter, not just for commutes but also for the fun sake (carving & crouching…). E-scooters & Electric Unicycles are my favourites among other options that PEV has to offer.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Dosingpsychedelics said:

The display screens suck ass you cannot read them during the day at all while riding the only time you can see them is when riding in the dark or if you happen to get in a shady area under trees .but any sun at all and it’s useless 

Or you make a shadow with your body. ;) The new display from V3 is better readable.

14 hours ago, Funky said:

I heard somewhere that first batch they didn't have display. Second batch they added the display. And 3rd batch they again removed the display..

(You don't really need the display.. Are you looking at it at all while riding?) After some riding you can tell how fast you are riding by simply wind noise, or passing by objects.. I literally can tell how fast i'm riding without any screen. :D When i'm riding only with wrist guards i go under 20kph. (Even after ride i check EUCWorld and it shows max speed ~22kph.) When i gear up i ride ~35kph most of time. And if i speed little bit more, i know i will get the 40kph alarms. (And as soon i speed up little bit i hear the alarms.) :D 

Yes, you could estimate the speed with the signs described, but I also want to see battery consumption and temperature. Just to have a peace of mind, you know. Maybe ewheels did without the display to save costs. Perhaps the Molicel P42A battery packs are more expensive. As I said, I don't want to have to use the app all the time. Every rider has his/her needs.

Okey guys, i currently have nothing new to add to the topic. If anything relevant to the topic should arise, I will keep you posted. Otherwise, I don't want to overstretch this thread too much with off-topic. :) Thank you again for your contributions & funny additions. :)

1 minute ago, ElectricNici said:

Yes, I also ride on car lanes if bike lanes or bike ways aren't available in traffic. I still have/ride my electric scooter, not just for commutes but also for the fun sake (carving & crouching…). E-scooters & Electric Unicycles are my favourites among other options that PEV has to offer.

Do you "hang-off" too? Meaning, do you also shift your body weight to the inner side of the scooter so the scooter needs to lean less?

Since you are already comfortable with car traffic, you are going to have a lot of room to grow. That is fantastic. 

I have a motorcycle background. At the beginning of my euc journey, I got the impression that euc's will never be stable or planted enough to ride it like a small displacement motorcycle. Unexpectedly, I just reached the threshold where I can ride my V12 like how I used to ride my 125 gas motorcycle. It is so much nicer. I don't have to worry about the bumps as much. I mainly focus on traffic and the road. It is an experience I am more familiar with. And it's loads of fun.

• Like 1

On 8/3/2022 at 9:44 AM, techyiam said:

Do you "hang-off" too? Meaning, do you also shift your body weight to the inner side of the scooter so the scooter needs to lean less?

Since you are already comfortable with car traffic, you are going to have a lot of room to grow. That is fantastic. 

I have a motorcycle background. At the beginning of my euc journey, I got the impression that euc's will never be stable or planted enough to ride it like a small displacement motorcycle. Unexpectedly, I just reached the threshold where I can ride my V12 like how I used to ride my 125 gas motorcycle. It is so much nicer. I don't have to worry about the bumps as much. I mainly focus on traffic and the road. It is an experience I am more familiar with. And it's loads of fun.

During my childhood & earliest youth I was passionate about riding my BMX, that is my background. OK guys, thanks for your help! I want to keep this thread useful for other newcomers, so please, no further off-topic. :)