Begode RS 19 HT - doesn't charge

3 hours ago, Magman116 said:

Funky is right.  The seller should exchange the wheel and charger with them being new out of the box.

I had an issue trying to unlock my new RS.  My issue was with the lift switch.  Mine was very tight and needed a lot of pressure to get it to engage. Once I fully engaged the lift switch and followed the instructions on the tag attached to the handle, i was able to unlock it.  So, I was just fighting a tight or firm lift switch.

You might be fighting a lift switch too.

The Wheel will charge while in transport mode.

Thank you for the confirmation, this helps to circle down the error devil. I mean, i kept watching these videos in loop mode, that show how to get rid of that damn transport mode & yet i didn't seem to be able to perform such an – otherwise - easy task. Incredible! I really thought that I fail to do that, because it's just me, too stupid or too clumsy. I mean, I don't have much confidence in me, but it feels kind of embarrassing to confess that online. :)

4 minutes ago, alcatraz said:

Even if it's the charger, isn't it odd that the packs are depleted?

Indeed, i find it strange too. This leads me to a side-question, … can this be a security measure, because these wheels get send via long-distance?

18 minutes ago, ElectricNici said:

Indeed, i find it strange too. This leads me to a side-question, … can this be a security measure, because these wheels get send via long-distance?

Let me ask again if i got it right. The wheel power up - lights, etc.. But it doesn't "balance"? And charger doesn't charge it. Right?

Honestly try pressing that lift button really, really hard. And then while holding that lift button really, really hard - do the 5 power button presses. Maybe you simply don't press hard enough the lift button? :D 

Power off euc - power on - press/hold lift switch - do 5 power switch presses - power off euc - power on = nothing?? (Maybe try 6/7/8/9 power button presses instead of 5?) Try slower presses also instead of 5 "fast" ones? (Maybe you press them too fast/slow.) :D 

Gotta try everything out - you got nothing to lose, before sending it back..

Edited by Funky
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Funky said:

It's completely new wheel. Say it doesn't work and that's all they need to know. Exchange it to different unit. Doesn't matter that the seller "says" yeah it worked for you.. For me it isn't, so exchange. And if seller doesn't "want" to exchange whole wheel+charger, ask if you can exchange only charger. If seller wants to do that option better. (But wheel isn't unlocking it self.. So no point worrying about charger. Worry about wheel.)

I personally would exchange both. Because i would not know if wheel is dead or the charger. Also if wheel doesn't want to unlock it self, there's also a problem already..

If i understand you need to hold "lift" button (Hold it - don't let it go..) And same time press 5 fast presses on "power" button. Right? (Afterwards power off the wheel, then on.)

If it doesn't work, well bad news.. Time to exchange.

Yes, that's how the procedure goes, at least usually. I have to keep pressing that “cut-off” button below the lift while pressing 5 times the power button. That really should do the trick in order to make the transport mode disappear. In the phone call with the seller, he told me that he did check the wheel, that he successfully could deactivate the transport mode, thus, the motor could engage respectively the wheel could self-balance. I will try to get rid of the transport mode by myself again. If it doesn't work despite hours of failing, I might then try asking a few people from RL, just for extra certainty.

Edited by ElectricNici

Have you connected the phone "bluetooth" to the wheel? Maybe turn it off for joke sake? Turn off anything that could be connected to wheel?

Simple as duck operation. You got lemon wheel - How did that saying go?? If life gives you lemons, beat that shit till it juices. :D 

Edited by Funky

If you still can’t get your wheel outta transport mode that is a problem.does anyone know ….if transport mode blocks the battery from delivering power to the wheel and self balancing .could it also block the battery from receiving charge in transport mode seems logical to me ..I’d start working that power button and get it worn in and outta transport mode 

• Like 1

He got a lemon, plain and simple. 

(1) No battery bars.

(2) Charger doesn't charge.

(3) It won't respond to the transport mode button press sequence. 

Who is your seller?

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Dosingpsychedelics said:

If you still can’t get your wheel outta transport mode that is a problem.does anyone know ….if transport mode blocks the battery from delivering power to the wheel and self balancing .could it also block the battery from receiving charge in transport mode seems logical to me ..I’d start working that power button and get it worn in and outta transport mode 

That was one of my first guesses & I think I included that in my opening post. So far, nobody could confirm that for me. I also asked the seller to try charging an RS 19 while Transport mode is active. Just to be sure. But he didn't seem to like that theory.

17 hours ago, ElectricNici said:

And that's the result with EUC world app: http://nicola-hajdu.at/shareto/com/app.jpg

This tab is for the smart plug not the wheel, the gray color of the footer in Eucw (no matter the tab) = No communication

Your 'charging problem' may not be 'the' problem because the Begode wheels come out of the box fully charged so the LED that turns red then immediately turns green again would be normal, to be sure did you test your charger with a voltmeter?

If the wheel starts but does not come out of the transport mode (which must be the case since your screen is ON on your picture) it means that your problem should comes from the lift switch, do you hear the switch 'click' without the wheel beeping when you engage it? if so it's possible that it's disconnected or unsoldered or a cut 

If you could make a video so we could see what's going on it would be easier  ^_^

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bizra6ot said:

Your 'charging problem' may not be 'the' problem because the Begode wheels come out of the box fully charged so the LED that turns red then immediately turns green again would be normal, to be sure did you test your charger with a voltmeter?

His RS-19 has a display that shows zero bars for battery status.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, techyiam said:

I hope you get it sorted with Denis Hagov.

Denis is a full-time enthusiast with EUC. That's why i ordered from his shop. Looks like he is going to ship me a new wheel next Monday. :) Didn't breach the warranty, … i mean i couldn't ride with the Begode nor am i qualified to fix it on my own. I can't wait to continue my training. Summer is best time to get familiar with a new PEV. I thank you for your sympathy. :)

Edited by ElectricNici
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Bizra6ot said:

This tab is for the smart plug not the wheel, the gray color of the footer in Eucw (no matter the tab) = No communication

If the wheel starts but does not come out of the transport mode (which must be the case since your screen is ON on your picture) it means that your problem should comes from the lift switch, do you hear the switch 'click' without the wheel beeping when you engage it? if so it's possible that it's disconnected or unsoldered or a cut 

If you could make a video so we could see what's going on it would be easier  ^_^

I have news from Denis, Begode told him that the battery level might be too low to exit the transport mode. So this might be the reason i couldn't disable it, no matter how often i tried.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, ElectricNici said:

Techy, i'm glad that my avatar doesn't seem to be too feminine. :))) 

Oh, my apology.

My experience has been that avatars rarely give hints of the member's gender. And most members are dudes, so I just assume dudes.

If you are a new rider, after the initial portion of the learning curve, you'll love it. And it gets better with time. What a wonderful invention. 

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, techyiam said:

Oh, my apology.

My experience has been that avatars rarely give hints of the member's gender. And most members are dudes, so I just assume dudes.

If you are a new rider, after the initial portion of the learning curve, you'll love it. And it gets better with time. What a wonderful invention. 

That's why i presume everybody is a donkey on internet. :D Can't be sure about "pronouns" in this time and age. We got so many genders now.. She/He/She-he/He-she/They/Them/It/Furry/Lizard so on.. World is getting crazy.:D 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

@ElectricNici Thinking back to the post where I used the pronoun "his", I was trying to make sense of your "reaction" to my post. Even in your post pointing out the fact, I was initially befuddled, because I automatically assume the likelihood of conversing with a male member is  high. That is how few members are female. You are the first member that I now identify as a female. I suspect there is another female member, but I can't be certain.

Going forward, I need to change the automatically assuming members I converse with are male habit. 🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, techyiam said:

Oh, my apology.

I heard that the Begode RS 19 makes a good entry wheel too, while the Ninebot One S2 is not. However, I had to improvise back then because I also wanted to afford high-quality protective gear. Yes, indeed, it's a wonderful invention. I feel that i'm very close to be saddle fest. :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Funky said:

That's why i presume everybody is a donkey on internet. :D Can't be sure about "pronouns" in this time and age. We got so many genders now.. She/He/She-he/He-she/They/Them/It/Furry/Lizard so on.. World is getting crazy.:D 

I'm a PEV riding "cyberpunk". ;) Joke aside, i don't care about someone's gender. What counts for me are similarities and the character of the person. 

42 minutes ago, techyiam said:

@ElectricNici Thinking back to the post where I used the pronoun "his", I was trying to make sense of your "reaction" to my post. Even in your post pointing out the fact, I was initially befuddled, because I automatically assume the likelihood of conversing with a male member is  high. That is how few members are female. You are the first member that I now identify as a female. I suspect there is another female member, but I can't be certain.

Going forward, I need to change the automatically assuming members I converse with are male habit. 🙂

I think it is conceivable that some female riders create a profile with neutral nicknames or male avatars, so that a neutral conversational atmosphere is maintained, especially if hobby acquaintances are initially desired & this could possibly result in friendships for life. Don't worry, I'm not angry. It was just too funny to let it skip. :)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ElectricNici said:

I heard that the Begode RS 19 makes a good entry wheel too, while the Ninebot One S2 is not. However, I had to improvise back then because I also wanted to afford high-quality protective gear. Yes, indeed, it's a wonderful invention. I feel that i'm very close to be saddle fest. :)

I see. You made the right choice. Quality gear is so very important. And you are upgrading to an RS-19.  Well, the RS-19 is about 27 kg. It isn't light, so there are wheels out there that a rider can learn quicker. But it is not bad either. I learned on a Begode T3. It weighs about 22.5 kg. This wheel would be a bit easier to learn from scratch. However, the RS-19 is a much more capable wheel. And they share a common DNA. As a second wheel, the RS-19 is a great wheel. The only downside is its lack of weather proofing. 

Sorry, what do you mean by "to be saddle fest"?

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 1