Begode RS 19 HT - doesn't charge

Hi forum, i've purchased a brand-new wheel & it doesn't charge. Initially, the green LED of the power supply lights up, followed by the red LED only for a few seconds & while I hear the fan. After that, it switches back to green LED & the fan stops rotating. Does this have to do with the transport mode? So the transport mode prevents charging for security measures?!? I also tried a different cable with the power supply & both charging ports, but with no success. :(

• Like 1

I don't have an RS to confirm, but it's my understanding that transport mode is only to prevent the motor from running and it should not affect charging.

It's time to call your reseller, you got a DOA wheel. Happens...

• Like 1

I already called the seller. He told me that he performed tests prior to shipping. The motor engaged successfully & there was no trouble with activating/deactivating the transport mode at all. I had to record videos about the charging issue & that I can't get rid of the transport mode. Perhaps the buttons are too stiff. My fingers already hurt after continuing the process over & over again.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ElectricNici said:

Hi forum, i've purchased a brand-new wheel & it doesn't charge. Initially, the green LED of the power supply lights up, followed by the red LED only for a few seconds & while I hear the fan. After that, it switches back to green LED & the fan stops rotating. Does this have to do with the transport mode? So the transport mode prevents charging for security measures?!? I also tried a different cable with the power supply & both charging ports, but with no success. :(

My wheel came fully charged when I bought my rs19 high speed a couple months back .hold lift handle and press power button 5 times rapidly then release lift handle .should be out of transport mode.power up your wheel and see if all 4 bars are lit up on the display screen or download the begode app for either android or iOS .if you need link for the android version let me know ewheels sent me the link in an email I saved .once app is installed turn on Bluetooth and location and connect the app your wheel ..data should pop up and tell you if it’s really at 100% .plus you can start your calibration of your wheel .you want to hold it level side to side and then depending on how you want the pedals hold it front to back to your liking or just as level as possible and then press calibrate .then you can turn off your beep alarms and set tilt back speed or just turn tilt back off.set your mode… I always just use strong mode but whatever you like.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, techyiam said:

You have no battery bars. Does your wheel turn on? Can it self balance? 

As i said it can't self-balance because i'm not able to deactivate the transport mode. This is why i was asking if that may block the wheel charging. I know how to deactivate, what to press. The wheel always to be turned on but as i said, motor doesn't engage & I can't charge it. 

19 minutes ago, ElectricNici said:

I can't get rid of the transport

You turned it on, press and hold the lift button, and at the time, press the power button five times. Release all buttons. Turn off, and back on. You did that, and the wheel won't come outbof transport mode?

Just now, ElectricNici said:

As i said it can't self-balance because i'm not able to deactivate the transport mode. This is why i was asking if that may block the wheel from charging. I know how to deactivate, what to press. The wheel can be turned on but as i said, the motor doesn't engage & I can't charge  it. 

Sorry there is no editing & the auto-correction messes up everything. :)

1 minute ago, techyiam said:

You turned it on, press and hold the lift button, and at the time, press the power button five times. Release all buttons. Turn off, and back on. You did that, and the wheel won't come outbof transport mode?

Preciously.

7 minutes ago, Dosingpsychedelics said:

My wheel came fully charged when I bought my rs19 high speed a couple months back .hold lift handle and press power button 5 times rapidly then release lift handle .should be out of transport mode.power up your wheel and see if all 4 bars are lit up on the display screen or download the begode app for either android or iOS .if you need link for the android version let me know ewheels sent me the link in an email I saved .once app is installed turn on Bluetooth and location and connect the app your wheel ..data should pop up and tell you if it’s really at 100% .plus you can start your calibration of your wheel .you want to hold it level side to side and then depending on how you want the pedals hold it front to back to your liking or just as level as possible and then press calibrate .then you can turn off your beep alarms and set tilt back speed or just turn tilt back off.set your mode… I always just use strong mode but whatever you like.

My wheel didn't come fully charged. At least that's what i believe at this moment because maybe i can't see the status quo with volt, because i can't deactive the transport mode.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ElectricNici said:

As i said it can't self-balance because i'm not able to deactivate the transport mode. This is why i was asking if that may block the wheel charging. I know how to deactivate, what to press. The wheel always to be turned on but as i said, motor doesn't engage & I can't charge it. 

Sorry. Does your wheel turn on without the charger plugged in? I am trying to determine whether the battery packs are connected to the controller board. You have no battery bars. That is unusual for a new machine.

1 minute ago, Tawpie said:

three dots in the upper right of your post will allow you to edit

I know, but the function didn't appear right at the beginning. Perhaps because of being newbie status. Only had report, share & hide as options.

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, techyiam said:

Sorry. Does your wheel turn on without the charger plugged in? I am trying to determine whether the battery packs are connected to the controller board. You have no battery bars. That is unusual for a new machine.

Yes, without the charger plugged in. 

• Like 1

I just received a new RS and I can confirm it took me waaaay longer than it should have to get the timing right to deactivate transport mode!  Surely there is a better way for this feature.

• Like 1

My New RS C30 I recently received from eWheels would not charge with the included charger.  The charger would turn on and show that it was in charging mode for a few seconds, then the light would change to the standby mode indicator. EUC World App showed like 50% charge. I tried over and over again, and it would not charge.  I sent Jason at eWheels an email and he immediately called me on the phone.  I talked with Jason on the phone and he explained the Begode changed manufactures of the chargers and there were some quality control issues. He offered to send me the fast charger at a reduce price. I had it the next day and haven't had 1 issue with the wheel charging. He did also say that some were able to get their chargers to start charging after running the charge on the wheel down some.  That didn't work for me.

I would contact the company you purchased it from and see if they will replace the charger or discount the fast charger for you.  If not, you might need to file a warranty claim with Begode or just purchase the fast charger yourself.

• Thanks 1

It's completely new wheel. Say it doesn't work and that's all they need to know. Exchange it to different unit. Doesn't matter that the seller "says" yeah it worked for you.. For me it isn't, so exchange. And if seller doesn't "want" to exchange whole wheel+charger, ask if you can exchange only charger. If seller wants to do that option better. (But wheel isn't unlocking it self.. So no point worrying about charger. Worry about wheel.)

I personally would exchange both. Because i would not know if wheel is dead or the charger. Also if wheel doesn't want to unlock it self, there's also a problem already..

If i understand you need to hold "lift" button (Hold it - don't let it go..) And same time press 5 fast presses on "power" button. Right? (Afterwards power off the wheel, then on.)

If it doesn't work, well bad news.. Time to exchange.

Edited by Funky
  • Like 1

Funky is right.  The seller should exchange the wheel and charger with them being new out of the box.

I had an issue trying to unlock my new RS.  My issue was with the lift switch.  Mine was very tight and needed a lot of pressure to get it to engage. Once I fully engaged the lift switch and followed the instructions on the tag attached to the handle, i was able to unlock it.  So, I was just fighting a tight or firm lift switch.

You might be fighting a lift switch too.

The Wheel will charge while in transport mode.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Magman116 said:

My New RS C30 I recently received from eWheels would not charge with the included charger.  The charger would turn on and show that it was in charging mode for a few seconds, then the light would change to the standby mode indicator. EUC World App showed like 50% charge. I tried over and over again, and it would not charge.  I sent Jason at eWheels an email and he immediately called me on the phone.  I talked with Jason on the phone and he explained the Begode changed manufactures of the chargers and there were some quality control issues. He offered to send me the fast charger at a reduce price. I had it the next day and haven't had 1 issue with the wheel charging. He did also say that some were able to get their chargers to start charging after running the charge on the wheel down some.  That didn't work for me.

I would contact the company you purchased it from and see if they will replace the charger or discount the fast charger for you.  If not, you might need to file a warranty claim with Begode or just purchase the fast charger yourself.

I HOPE this is it & they can supply me with a different charger. Guys, thank you so much for all your brainstorming. You can tell that I'm totally desperate. I will keep the forum posted, so others can learn from this, if they happen to encounter the same issue. :)