Best off road euc?

I live in Oregon so everything is gravel, mud hills and rocks (mostly back roads) I'm looking for the BEST off road euc! Current list: s22 and v12. Can you please explain why your option is better then other options.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Skiddy said:

I live in Oregon so everything is gravel, mud hills and rocks (mostly back roads) I'm looking for the BEST off road euc! Current list: s22 and v12. Can you please explain why your option is better then other options.

V12 no suspension. Small 16" wheel. Simply NO. (Yes if you like going ~20mph)

S22 suspension is kinda "bad" (Have you seen the "sliders"?) Open frame where sliders go up/down. They are greased - over time sand/dirt will get in there. The grease will become like sandpaper gue - those plastic/rubber slider will wear out quickly. Also because grease mixed with sand, the whole suspension will become clunky/sticky. You will need to repair it at least 2 times a year. Do i have to tell you more?

EX20S seems one of better wheels "built" wise - All metal. Somewhat decent suspension. (Doh it has no water protection at all. No seals/gaskets, no silicone, no nothing..) That's why i said "built" wise only. 

Master are very fragile. (Battery casing are made from thin flimsy plastic, one side drop - cracked.)

You need suspension for "back roads". If you wanna go faster.

I've done a fair amount of offroading with an MSP HT and a v11 and begode EX.

I actually prefer riding the local trails with a non suspension wheel.  I reccomend getting an rs19 from ewheels with the molicel pack.

I've noticed though that my preferred EUC depends alot on the trail.  If the trail is wider and less technical and there is room to open up to 20+mph I actually prefer larger suspension wheels.  I think the S22 would be great for those kinds of trails.  Either that or a master with Clark bumpers and seat to protect the fragile bits.

If the trail is tight and technical I think a lighter non suspension HT wheel is better.  Again I think the RS19 can't be beat. I'm 240lbs geared up and I really enjoy the torque that the gotway wheels provide.  If your area is super wet however I would reccomend the v12 HT instead as the waterproofing on the Gotway is nonexistent

• Like 1

Personally I think you're on the right track with V12 or S22—it's about do you need suspension or not. As @wstuart mentioned, a number of the older GW wheels are great if you don't need suspension.

I ride a 16X and S18 on similar terrain, both are champs but are they "the best"? Don't know, I have an S22 on order and am anxiously waiting. and waiting, and waiting. The reason I want an S22 is because I prefer to ride to and from the trails so I need more range than the S18 can offer, and honestly the bumpiness of the 16X takes a lot of the fun out of it for me.

I too think the Master is too fragile, you'll drop your wheel a TON on gravel and rocks and it'll get torn up pretty badly unless you spend lavishly for aftermarket doodads.

Speaking of dropping the wheel a lot, Master, S22, EX20S are heavy, and that's less fun to pick up over and over.

Edited by Tawpie
  • Like 1

I just purchased an RS C38 and could not be happier, as @Tawpie mentioned if you don't need\want suspension it's hard to beat the performance of the RS.  Latest iterations have a better shell [mine has no display] but not concerned.

Having had a V11 prior [sold it] and riding a sherman for a solid year, I'm convinced your legs are your best suspension.  my 2 cents.

• Like 2