RS HT/HS, Nikola AR +, KS S18, or V12 HS/HT for first EUC?

42 minutes ago, Funky said:

I personally need only 1 wheel that's why i went with "middle" ground. Fast enough for me and light enough also.

16XS is the same 16X - only with one battery.. It literally has other side empty.:D (It's kinda bad, because if that "1" battery dies suddenly, you will fall. Because it has 1 battery DOH..)

Price difference for 16s/14d?

"Little devil voice" You know you could simply skip the "light" wheel.. If you can't hold it with one leg. You can always use shopping cart, wall, fence. - To mount the big wheel, while learning. :D 

You may "learn" max 1 week longer.. Versus buying "light" wheel. Some people learn riding in 1 hr.. Is the 1 week worth buying the light wheel?

I see your point. I just want to have a more portable wheel in case I need to go on public transit, go on short trips to run errands, or to go to and from my (compact) car. 

The 14D is just so cheap, I feel like it's the best value. 

32 minutes ago, cheese_bored said:

I see your point. I just want to have a more portable wheel in case I need to go on public transit, go on short trips to run errands, or to go to and from my (compact) car. 

The 14D is just so cheap, I feel like it's the best value. 

I use my 18xl for 4km round trips. (It can do ~60km) I charge it once a week. :D

If you know you will use the 14D - go buy it. I have ridden myself 500km and i'm nonstop riding 22-25mph. (My alarms set off at 25mph. As i don't want go faster, doh i know i could.)

14D has very small battery ~400Hw. (As battery gets lower, under 50% you will ride slower.) If on paper range is ~20 miles. Real life it's 10-15 miles.

14D ~19mph max speed. So you can ride it "safely" at ~17mph? Don't forget you will get tiltback(pedal lifting) much more on those small wheels. As they are "easy" to overpower. Also as soon as you hit the 19mph speed it also will lift the pedals.

I on my 18xl never feel it, as it can go max 31mph. Doh my alarms go off at 25mph.

I'm just giving real "life" informations. :D You do what you want. :) 

Edited by Funky
  • Like 1

UPDATE:

I was set on buying a brand new starter wheel but I found a used Nik AR + for $1600 with 3000 miles on it, 1k mi on the current tire. Comes with custom seat, charger and still has 1 year left on warranty. Not as good a deal as the first, but still good so I'm gonna bite the bullet on this one. Gonna pick it up in a couple days :D

Also, the dude selling it works at my local pev shop so I think I can trust him :D I'm so excited! I wanna stop trying to decide and just get on a wheel already!

Thanks again to everyone that commented to help me make this decision! I don't think I'll have to upgrade for a while, unless I find the 16" too small and want to get a 20" wheel or something. I'll update you guys again once I get my hands (and my feet) on this wheel 

• Like 2

Awesome, congrats on the learning! Don’t be overly concerned with the size and weight of the wheel. You seem to be doing well, you’ll be more confident in a few more sessions. And sooner rather then later, be looking for another......

• Like 1

You could duct tape cardboard or shower-mat or towel around the wheel while learning, so it doesn't scratch when you drop it.. I did that.

When you have learned mounting the thing, you almost never gonna feel that weight when mounting - because it literally will take 0.5 sec to mount. Meaning you will not press it against your leg so "tightly".

Enjoy the euc world now. :D 

• Like 1

On 8/5/2022 at 1:07 AM, techyiam said:

Great spirit. Sounds like another euc addict coming our way. 

I just passed 3100 km in 2.5 months of riding my first wheel the rs19 high speed ..addiction is correct I’m already saving to get another wheel come next spring 🚀😛🤘

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Dosingpsychedelics said:

is correct I’m already saving to get another wheel come next spring

A faster wheel, I don't suppose. Perhaps even a motorcycle replacement if possible in the not too distant future?

EDIT:

I see that you have your eyes on the V13. It will interesting to see how close this wheel will be to a small displacement motorcycle. It appears you are skipping the Master. 

The addiction is going to get worse. Begode won't be standing still and watch their performance crown be taken away. There will be a swift response. Next thing you know, you will want that too. 🙂

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 3

You were all right about addiction. I can't stop riding, and I can't stop thinking about riding! 

I went on my first group ride! It was so much fun! I only went halfway but we still went 10 miles! It was the perfect way to learn how to ride with traffic because there were like 30 other PEV riders with me 😁 but I couldn't go faster than 15mph yet.

It took me about 4 days of intense practice to finally "get it." Yesterday, I went riding by myself and everything just clicked for me. New top speed: 30mph 😎 I think I'll be pushing it to 40 soon enough. And now I am indeed thinking about saving up for my next wheel 😁

The only issue I have now is the wobbles. I was at 35psi at first, then I dropped it to 30, and now 28psi feels pretty good and allows me to go to 30mph. My stance has improved, I think I found the one for me: Toes hanging off the front of the pedals, left or right foot slightly more forward. Now I only get wobbles when I'm braking or going downhill or reaching 30mph. I learned to carve to go up to 30mph but have to work on that for downhill/braking. 

Riding is so much fun! 100x more fun than any vehicle I've ever ridden. I can't wait till it replaces every vehicle I own 😂 I'm seriously considering selling my car (for many other reasons too though)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cheese_bored said:

You were all right about addiction. I can't stop riding, and I can't stop thinking about riding! 

I went on my first group ride! It was so much fun! I only went halfway but we still went 10 miles! It was the perfect way to learn how to ride with traffic because there were like 30 other PEV riders with me 😁 but I couldn't go faster than 15mph yet.

It took me about 4 days of intense practice to finally "get it." Yesterday, I went riding by myself and everything just clicked for me. New top speed: 30mph 😎 I think I'll be pushing it to 40 soon enough. And now I am indeed thinking about saving up for my next wheel 😁

The only issue I have now is the wobbles. I was at 35psi at first, then I dropped it to 30, and now 28psi feels pretty good and allows me to go to 30mph. My stance has improved, I think I found the one for me: Toes hanging off the front of the pedals, left or right foot slightly more forward. Now I only get wobbles when I'm braking or going downhill or reaching 30mph. I learned to carve to go up to 30mph but have to work on that for downhill/braking. 

Riding is so much fun! 100x more fun than any vehicle I've ever ridden. I can't wait till it replaces every vehicle I own 😂 I'm seriously considering selling my car (for many other reasons too though)

yep the past 2.5 months I’ve only put probably 1000 miles on my car .my new wheel 1900 miles .if the rs19 high speed had more range I would probably never drive my car anywhere 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1

On 8/12/2022 at 10:10 PM, techyiam said:

A faster wheel, I don't suppose. Perhaps even a motorcycle replacement if possible in the not too distant future?

EDIT:

I see that you have your eyes on the V13. It will interesting to see how close this wheel will be to a small displacement motorcycle. It appears you are skipping the Master. 

The addiction is going to get worse. Begode won't be standing still and watch their performance crown be taken away. There will be a swift response. Next thing you know, you will want that too. 🙂

I rode sportbikes an r6 since 2003 .but had a couple back surgeries and it wasn’t comfortable riding anymore.soon as I seen an euc I knew I had to have one ! I won’t buy another wheel until it can do 65-70 mph  and after hearing the v13 is governed at 55 mph that is a hard pass from me if I’m spending that much money for it…The new master pro with 4800whbattery is going to be a beast of a wheel but gunna weigh between 110-120 pounds probably .Battery tech is the key I want solid state batteries ..hearing you can fully charge a car in 15 minutes That technology would be amazing on for a wheel knowing I could stop at most pavilions at a state park or even a fast food restaurant plug in for a quick top up charge and go 

Edited by Dosingpsychedelics
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dosingpsychedelics said:

I won’t buy another wheel until it can do 65-70 mph  and after hearing the v13 is governed at 55 mph that is a hard pass from me

For me, I see it differently.  I prefer to mitigate risk. So, to do that, I like to develop my skills, and understanding of fast euc motoring progressively. Right now on the V12, I am only at about 65 km/h. I can hit higher but that is about it. And I am finding that wind can be a problem at about 65 km/h and above . My braking has improved, but I still can improve more. Logically, my next wheel should be a Sherman or Master. If I get the V13, I am already skipping a step. Should there be enough demand, and a faster model come out, hopefully I will be ready for it then. I think wind is going to be serious problem above 50 mph. That needs to be addressed. The other potential problem could be emergency braking.