First Wheel

BoneMeister

15 minutes ago, BoneMeister said:

What would be a good wheel for someone to to start learning on (75kg man)? I was thinking Kingsong 16x or 18xl. Any suggestions?

Good euc-s to start with are definitely the KS-18XL and the Inmotion V10F. They are high quality and reliable electric unicycles.

I would like to note here that protective equipment is very important, such as a full-face helmet, wrist guards, elbow guards and knee guards. This kind of protection is bare minimum. Please take into account that they also cost money. A good protective equipment saves us a lot of money and also saves us from health problems in the event of a fall.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, BoneMeister said:

What would be a good wheel for someone to to start learning on (75kg man)? I was thinking Kingsong 16x or 18xl. Any suggestions?

There are two possible paths. One way is to buy a wheel that would be your permanent wheel. The advantage is that you buy only once. The disadvantage is that it’s a higher upfront cost. You might find that EUC is not for you or the EUC you got is not the kind you really want.

The other option is to buy a learner wheel. Then after you learn it, you can make an informed decision about which wheel you really want. The advantage is the low upfront cost and you will be more likely to be satisfied with your choice of “real” wheel. The disadvantage is that you’ll have to buy twice and will likely want to sell your learner wheel.

if you want to do it the second way, there is a learner wheel that many people end up keeping as a backup (they don’t sell it) — the mten3. It’s such a unique and fun wheel that some experienced riders get it as one of their wheels.

I got an mten3 last week and have been quite pleased with it.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...