Your nitpicks that might be hindering your enjoyment riding EUC'S (multiple choice POLL) - discussion - hints/tips

POLL (also leave comments below)  

19 members have voted

1. 1. (Select all that apply) Which of the following nitpicks frustrate you the most in relation to your enjoyment or skill with Electric Unicycles ? Do you have tips and tricks to share for any of these?

• finding the right stance over the wheel and the pedals
    • Transitioning for Seated riding (standing up/down or both)
    • Finding the right Pad choice and Positioning of them
    • setting up alarms, modes , features in apps to get feeling right
    • Cant accelerate or brake at or past a certain speed threshold
    • Tire choice, and/or choosing the right PSI
    • Gearing up or not finding the right gear that is comfortable to you
    • Cant seem to be agile or carve effectively on the wheel
    • Cost for parts or accessories
    • Fatigue or pain (legs, hips, back or other)
    • OTHER (leave comment)
    • Legal issues in your area

This is a poll hoping this will highlight what riders are having issues with at any skill level. Share hints and tips in the comments if you would like :)

Edited by CyberV0LT

Other-

UK Illegality in public. Not generally an issue, but it does kill enjoyment in certain parts because it's like "oh all these riders in X location, I would go and join them but I am risking 6 points and a fine, plus having to travel back down there to get it out the impound".

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PourUC said:

Other-

UK Illegality in public. Not generally an issue, but it does kill enjoyment in certain parts because it's like "oh all these riders in X location, I would go and join them but I am risking 6 points and a fine, plus having to travel back down there to get it out the impound".

Thanks, added the poll option

Finding the right pads , and shelling out money on something that "might" work. Constant tinkering around trying to find the right angle and position is  number  1 nitpick of mine.  So far for the Sherman, the Shaneplanet pads are my number 1 go to (for not seated), and the monocustomize leather pads (with the middle foam taken out) for seated and all purpose .For the V11, the inmotion pads are ....ok for both seated and great for all purpose use.  Have not found a good pad setup yet for the Hero.

In relation to pads, seated riding and pads usually have a cause and effect together, as pads usually are in the way . Hoping grizzla pads help with my enjoyment with the Hero to get that "feeling" and control nailed down as I would like, and for easy transitioning for seated riding on the Hero. For right now, the S18 leather pads (with the middle foam taken out) is what works for me at this moment until the grizzlas come in.

Edited by CyberV0LT

23 minutes ago, PourUC said:

Other-

Which, considering both the government’s position on CO2 reduction, the rising cost of fuel, and their vulnerability as to the question of air pollution, quite apart from their apparent acceptance and indeed drive (🤔😅) toward EV’s, is frankly both illogical and untenable.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

Getting the right foot position - and consistently getting the right position - was a bit annoying when I first started learning to ride. But, after adding pads that have a cutout to position my ankle, that problem is just about gone. If my foot doesn't land where it's supposed to, and quick lift-and-shift solves it.

For dialing in the speed alarms, I've just been raising the beep and tilt-back thresholds by 5 km/h every time I notice that I'm comfortable and the EUC is beeping. I'm still not at the EUC's limit though so this has basically just been a way to track my progress. If I was comfortable at the EUC's limit then it would be time to trade up for something faster.

Agility has been a challenge, but the more I ride, the tighter I can turn. My high speed carving isn't progressing nearly as much so I bought a Michelin City Grip to replace the stock knobby tire, to see if that helps any. But I have yet to find out, because...

The problem that I have now, like so many other King Song S22 owners, is that my EUC won't even power on. But that's somewhat more than just a nitpick, so it's out-of-scope for this thread. :)