Nylonove peddles vs Clark’s?

No1up

I've been testing nylonove pedals and gotway pedals on my sherman.

Gotway pros:  huge front part of pedal fits my large feet very well.  Super easy to put on.  Gives an awesome feeling of control (especially on smaller wheels like an RS or MSP).  These pedals absolutely transformed my MSP.  I think all gotway wheels should come with these pedals. 

Gotway cons.  Super stiff so the ride can be harsh.

Nyonole pros:  Pretty generous size but not as nice as gotway.  Flex in the nylon makes for a much softer, nicer ride compared to a metal pedals (this is the reason I'm going with Nylonove.).  This makes my Sherman almost feel like it has suspension. 

Nyolove cons:  the used pair I got were a nightmare to take on and off.  I actually had to cut one of them off my Sherman.  It was so bad that I actually wonder if it was the wrong pedal set.  I just bought a brand new pair directly from nylonove so maybe this pair will be easier to install.  As horrible as these were to install, I still actually like them better on my sherman because of the soft feel. 

Edited by wstuart
  • Like 2

Don’t forget about the difference in the weight between the two types -a pair of Nylonove pedals weigh in at around 750gr, whereas the otherwise excellent Begode pedals come in at over 900 gr (2lbs) apiece.  Not everyone is concerned about weight of course, and that’s cool also. As far as I can see, the Nylonove studs can be readily adjusted or removed/replaced by using an Allen key of suitable size. I haven’t tried to shift any of the Begode pedal studs, though. The newer N’s also come with ergo foot plates, eg between the arch of the foot, and also at the toe end.    This said, both types are great for riding and adjustability, assuming you get the adjustable type Nylonove offerings.

Sounds as though the pedal axle rods may not have been well lubricated before or during riding/routine maintenance, as they are generally very easily removed, there being no metallurgic interactions between the rods and the nylon material.

It’s a bit of a divide between continents though, we don’t see so much Clark gear over here in Europe, just like yourselves don’t (as yet) see much of the Nylonove gear Stateside. Their new power pads are pretty great by all accounts also; some of the pedals and pads are shown here:

Edited by Freeforester

I tried to buy NN pedals for my wheel back in 2021. It just wasn't happening as they were perpetually out of stock. I basically gave up. I went and had a look right now as I posted this and still out of stock. Doesn't really matter how great they are if you can't actually buy them. :wacko:

• Like 1

I have and really like both Clark and Nylonove footplates.  I prefer the Nylonove, but you can't go wrong with Clark pedals at all.  It is way easier to do business transactions with Clark for sure. I've owned every iteration of Clark pads (big fan), and I have the original size Grizzla pads (big fan) but I like Nylonove's jump pad system the best as well.   That's just my $.02.

1 minute ago, Treatz said:

I have and really like both Clark and Nylonove footplates.  I prefer the Nylonove, but you can't go wrong with Clark pedals at all.  It is way easier to do business transactions with Clark for sure. I've owned every iteration of Clark pads (big fan), and I have the original size Grizzla pads (big fan) but I like Nylonove's jump pad system the best as well.   That's just my $.02.

Where did you buy Nylonove? From the maker or dealer, how's faster to get them?

4 minutes ago, EUC24 said:

Where did you buy Nylonove?

In this video, Adam from Wrong Way shows the NN Kinetic system at 14:55 mark.  In the video description is a link to Hulaj. They do good work and put out lots of useful info.  

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Treatz said:

In this video, Adam from Wrong Way shows the NN Kinetic system at 14:55 mark.  In the video description is a link to Hulaj. They do good work and put out lots of useful info.  

Ok. I know Hulaj Market. Thanks for advice, will take a look what they have now. :thumbup:

8 hours ago, alcatraz said:

I know almost nothing about pedals but my first thought was that if something flexes, it will eventually break given enough time. Scary thought.

steel flexes, as long as it does not reach its yield point. Good quality plastics usually have high tensile strength. The honey comb design also seems to add redundancy, as the other sections can also pick up the slack. I wouldn't worry about breaking unless the plastic is cheap and brittle. The fact that it flexes is a good indication of its ductility in addition to its high yield strength. 

Edited by No1up

3 hours ago, VikB said:

I tried to buy NN pedals for my wheel back in 2021. It just wasn't happening as they were perpetually out of stock. I basically gave up. I went and had a look right now as I posted this and still out of stock. Doesn't really matter how great they are if you can't actually buy them. :wacko:

Funny you say this, I did the same earlier this morning after reading another similar comment on another thread, but only one type were out of stock. It was on the HulajMarket site.

2 hours ago, Freeforester said:

Funny you say this, I did the same earlier this morning after reading another similar comment on another thread, but only one type were out of stock. It was on the HulajMarket site.

On all sites NN pedals out of stock for Nikola...:(

I'll also add that at first I used the red inserts on the nylonove pedals and I really didn't like them - lots of foot pain.  So I switched to flat mylonove and they were awesome.

It helped that I knew I didn't want inserts as I was able to order a "plain" flat pair from Hulaj Market - it was the only pedal they had in stock for the sherman max. 

21 hours ago, Freeforester said:

52169514453_97ab848e3a_o.png

I just looked. There are ~30 NN pedal listings and only one listing is in stock so I have no idea what you are talking about. 

Screen capture of the first few rows of out of stock NN pedals. 

Edited by VikB
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, VikB said:

52169514453_97ab848e3a_o.png

I just looked. There are ~30 NN pedal listings and only one listing is in stock so I have no idea what you are talking about. 

Screen capture of the first few rows of out of stock NN pedals. 

Yeah, everything is out of stock. I just went with the clarks. I know for sure I like them anyways. 

Thanks guys.  I installed the Nylonove pedals.  These ones fit much better and the install was easy - I think the other ones were not for a sherman max.

The nylonove kit for the sherman max comes with 4 3-d printed washers.  I only used 2 and on each side put them on the rear between the pedal hanger and the metal bracket. On the front I used the 2 metal washers.  

The Nylove pedals felt MUCH smaller than the gotways and I had less support under my toes (I wear size 14 shoes).  

However the Nylonove give a much much much more suple ride.  Going over bumps, I felt like my fillings were gonna rattle out with the gotway pedals.  These pedals make the sherman very very comfortable.  Because I want to use this wheel for longer rides, the more comfortable pedal will win out.  

Edited by wstuart

8 hours ago, wstuart said:

Thanks guys.  I installed the Nylonove pedals.  These ones fit much better and the install was easy - I think the other ones were not for a sherman max.

The nylonove kit for the sherman max comes with 4 3-d printed washers.  I only used 2 and on each side put them on the rear between the pedal hanger and the metal bracket. On the front I used the 2 metal washers.  

The Nylove pedals felt MUCH smaller than the gotways and I had less support under my toes (I wear size 14 shoes).  

However the Nylonove give a much much much more suple ride.  Going over bumps, I felt like my fillings were gonna rattle out with the gotway pedals.  These pedals make the sherman very very comfortable.  Because I want to use this wheel for longer rides, the more comfortable pedal will win out.  

If they weren’t out of stock I would have bought a pair :)

On 6/23/2022 at 12:52 PM, VikB said:

.... still out of stock. Doesn't really matter how great they are if you can't actually buy them. :wacko:

On 6/23/2022 at 2:24 PM, EUC24 said:

Where did you buy Nylonove? From the maker or dealer, how's faster to get them?

On 6/23/2022 at 4:04 PM, Freeforester said:

I have some Versions in Stock 🙂

On 6/25/2022 at 12:05 AM, wstuart said:

My new nyolove pedals arrived today.   Hopefully they install easier than the first set I got.  

Any tips on installing??? Do you guys lubricate the axel rod

I always lubricate my pedal axles, regardless which pedals. 

• Like 1