Which wheel to get while waiting for my S22? Or replace the S22?

Hi, 

I’m new to this hobby and picking out my first wheel. This is an incredible resource, especially the safety gear!

I pre ordered the King Song KS-S22 quite a while ago from EUCO and just found out that I won’t be getting one from the first batch. Sounds like it’ll be at least 7+ weeks until mine ships.

I really don’t feel like waiting that long so I’m thinking of ordering a different wheel. Perhaps something with similar or superior capabilities (in which case I’d cancel the S22 order), or maybe a wheel with totally different characteristics (like high speed cruising), in which case I’ll have two wheels. 

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!  Price isn’t a factor 

Thanks again!
p.s. I’m about 200 lbs 

Edited by Luke Skywalker
  • Like 2

Hey Tawpie!  I don’t know if you remember but you gave me some great advice back in October.

Well… By the time I got around to ordering one, I really fell in love with the idea of the S22s full suspension and 43.5 mph.

But if I’d know how long it would take I probably would’ve gone with the 16X like you said and learned on it. 

As far as range goes, I doubt I’ll be taking trips longer than 30 to 40 miles and I imagine most of the time it’ll be less. 

The Begode Master looks amazing. Just watched a video of it and it looks like it has suspension like the S22

5 hours ago, Tawpie said:

But if you like to customize...

EucMarket (the Russian tuning shop) already offers protective polycarbonate side walls (they haven't made an english version of the product page yet). Be sure to check the other photos of the walls - the transparent version looks way better imo. However, with this terrible war I am not sure how feasible it is to order internationally at the moment.

9 hours ago, Luke Skywalker said:

I really don’t feel like waiting that long so I’m thinking of ordering a different wheel.

If money is no object than go ahead! If it is then you could buy a used wheel like the 16X (or 18XL, RS, Tesla, Nik, S18, V11 etc) just to learn on and later sell once the S22 arrives. It might get expensive learning on a heavy suspension wheel if you happen to drop it in an unfortunate manner and bend something.

Edited by yoos
minor addition
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I would get something small cheap and used that would be easy to learn on. I think the inmotion V8f and V10f are food for this.  Them when the s22 arrives sell the used wheel.  You'll make nearly all your money back. 

S22 sucks. (Sure you will love it for first months - while everything works as it should..) After time suspension will wear it self out. (Have you seen it's slider mechanism? - so bad.) Also that lift handle, kill switch combo - i hope you like pinched fingers. :D The saddle is very small - you won't be available to ride seated. (At least not comfortable.)

My vote also goes to EX20S it's one of the better built suspension wheels out there. Sadly it has very, very bad water protection.. (Why can't they add rubber seals, silicone.) As i need water protection in my eyes EX20S is garbage. In built quality it beats most euc's.

Don't even look at "Master" one drop - battery casing will break. It's made out of "thin" plastic. EX20S even has metal casings..

Sherman Max is quit good if you ride smooth ground. (Asphalt, streets, pavement.) Anything "off-road" like gravel, etc.. You need suspension.

When i saw S22 sliders - it automatically become a hot ass garbage in my eyes. Sorry - not sorry. Enjoy repairing that shit in 3-5 months. (More ride - faster repair.) If you don't clean sand/dirt out of those channels - it will wear it self out even faster. Don't even think adding "grease" in there (They come shipped with grease in there....) - it will only let dirt/sand stick better. Such a complete failure of a euc from KingSong. :facepalm:

I personally hate Begody (The company it self.) - Yet i said EX20S.. I know when i see something "good". - Yet none water protection makes it meh. (If you don't mind adding a lot of silicone it will be amazing.)

Edited by Funky
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hey my S22 just got here!  Man, the box is way heavier than I anticipated but I still think it'll be easier to lug it into the back of my Prius compared with my electric fat tire bike :)

Now I just have to order my safety gear and figure out how to ride this thing.  I've ridden Segways quite a bit but I doubt that this is the same thing at all.

I plan on spending the first few weeks (or longer if needed...) riding around on soft grass in a park next to my house.  Once I feel fully confident then I can take it out at 20 to 25 mph on the road

Time to buy my gear... Man things have been so busy that I'd planned on doing that sooner but I thought the S22 wouldn't be here for a while

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Luke Skywalker said:

Hey my S22 just got here!  Man, the box is way heavier than I anticipated but I still think it'll be easier to lug it into the back of my Prius compared with my electric fat tire bike :)

Now I just have to order my safety gear and figure out how to ride this thing.  I've ridden Segways quite a bit but I doubt that this is the same thing at all.

I plan on spending the first few weeks (or longer if needed...) riding around on soft grass in a park next to my house.  Once I feel fully confident then I can take it out at 20 to 25 mph on the road

Time to buy my gear... Man things have been so busy that I'd planned on doing that sooner but I thought the S22 wouldn't be here for a while

I would check those suspension "sliders" and remove all the grease - if they are greased.. Or enjoy fixing the suspension pretty soon. Just a friendly tip. :)

You may ask why.. > As we know those sliders are "open" to sand/dirt, what not.. Over time that grease will become sandpaper and ruin the plastic/rubber sliders. Over time suspension will start to feel clunky "sticky", it won't compress as intended. Guess why - because the grease have become a sand mixture. Those rubber/plastic sliders are sanded off. (When i saw those sliders, i facepalmed so hard.)

• Like 1