Beeping

If i turn all the speed alarms off from the apps (or set them really high, like 80/90kmh), is the wheel going to beep anyway when it reaches its limit? Or will it just go on until the motor will disengage?

Edited by nico87

30 minutes ago, nico87 said:

If i turn all the speed alarms off from the apps (or set them really high, like 80/90kmh), is the wheel going to beep anyway when it reaches its limit? Or will it just go on until the motor will disengage?

Which wheel? (Some wheels don't have tilt back or other things..)

And no even if you turn off all alarms, wheel should tilt back or somehow warn you. (There otherwise would be no warning before cutout..)

Also disabling all "alarms" and simply leaving only last the main alarms that you can't really turn off. Is fastest way to get a faceplant, because of overpower, small bump on road.. If you like riding at wheel limits.

As most people have said before - respect the beeps. And if your wheel can do 70kph ride at ~60kph.. If your wheel can do 50kph ride at ~44kph..

Edited by Funky
  • Like 1

Its a Gotway Monster v3 100v, with a 2700wh battery pack.

I have my limit set 70km/h for all the reasons you said, but i was wondering if the wheel have an alarm itself just in case i decide to turn that off to see what the limit is.

7 minutes ago, nico87 said:

I have my limit set 70km/h for all the reasons you said, but i was wondering if the wheel have an alarm itself just in case i decide to turn that off to see what the limit is.

Lift that bad boy up and do a free spin test.. (If you can lift it.) :D See what it does at max speed.. Does it alarm you? Does it do a pedal tilt back? Or simply powers off?

I really don't know anything about that wheel - sorry.

My 18xl starts tilting back pedals. Beeps like crazy for 5seconds and then powers off. (Even if i got all alarms off.)

Edited by Funky

The "3rd alarm" (5 beeps) cannot be turned off, so it will always sound.

If you are often riding the beeps, you need a faster wheel. Being too close to the limits is always a bad idea. You can easily overpower the wheel then. So do not just think the final alarm is enough to keep you safe.

Pretty sure 70kph is faster than the Monster 100V can do.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Pretty sure 70kph is faster than the Monster 100V can do.

Its listed top speed is 50 kph and it's not recommended (according to eWheels) to go faster than 35 mph (56 kph). Having an alarm at 70 kph is like having one at 176 kph!

ATG. ATT. And good stuff!

• Like 2

Max speed i reached was 68.7km/h but i had the limit randomly set at 69km/h. Now its 70km/h, havent heard beeps yet (yesterday reached 67km/h).

If the limit wasnt set at 70km/h dont know how farther i could push it but i'm pretty lightweight (60kg), the shop i bought it from advertise max speed ranging from 65 to 75 km/h. Also bigger custom battery might make its part.

7 minutes ago, nico87 said:

Max speed i reached was 68.7km/h but i had the limit randomly set at 69km/h. Now its 70km/h, havent heard beeps yet (yesterday reached 67km/h).

If the limit wasnt set at 70km/h dont know how farther i could push it but i'm pretty lightweight (60kg), the shop i bought it from advertise max speed ranging from 65 to 75 km/h. Also bigger custom battery might make its part.

Just curious how long have you been riding? And have you fallen at those speeds? And what gear do you wear?

Edited by Funky

Almost one year, its 10 months now. But i own this wheel since february, had a kingsong 16s before this.

Never fallen at any speed, just when trying hitting curbs. 

Just wear a motorcicle helmet.

I reach these speeds only with good pavement and traffic/wind conditions to not take any risk.

Edited by nico87

24 minutes ago, nico87 said:

Almost one year, its 10 months now. But i own this wheel since february, had a kingsong 16s before this.

I reach these speeds only with good pavement and traffic/wind conditions to not take any risk.

Yeah you won't like falling at those speeds. I have been riding also under year.. Not fallen once at speed.

I at least ride 35-40kph of my wheels 50kph speed. 10kph for "safety margin" Then again i'm 2x your weight. :D I can easily overpower my wheel, if i want.

We are just trying to warn you before something happens.. Euc's aren't like any other device. Bike, Car, even electric scooter - where you can ride at it's "Limits" without any worry in mind. If you do that on euc sooner or later it will fail you. That's why we warn you never try to ride at it's limit.

It's like playing gamble each time you come close to euc limits. One day you will WIN. :D 

• Upvote 1

I dont know what is the limit of this wheel.

The graph from the ride i took yesterday when i touched 67km/h shows 14% safety margin left, so its not quite to the limit yet. Its probably not safe to push it any further anyway.

34 minutes ago, nico87 said:

I hope you are just joking and or trolling.

Your setup and history looks like the perfect recipe for disaster, I am afraid. One year is often the time when you have learned a lot indeed and therefore might become complacent. Having never fallen exacerbates the problem: you likely feel confident and proficient on the EUC. I know it's difficult to limit oneself but at least gear up a bit.

If you are bold enough to experiment with high speeds, especially speeds beyond recommended "safe" speeds, you should at least wear extensive gear. A motorcycle helmet is great and will likely save your head, but the remaining body parts will suffer greatly in a 70kmh asphalt fall. Even if you don't break anything and just slide your regular clothes will be shredded instantly and your will have severe road rash. I would recommend full motorcycle gear: jacket+pants and possibly mc gloves and or wrist guards. Leather shoes or even motorcycle footwear. In summer mesh motorcycles jackets are great. At about 30kmh and higher they ventilate well and you won't overheat.

1 hour ago, nico87 said:

I suspect you might not fully appreciate how EUCs and their alarms work. An EUC will try to keep balance for as long as it can. Alarms are just there to warn you that you are going fast or that you are drawing a lot of power. So it just tells you that the EUC could soon fail at balancing and then you will crash as a result. Beeps are just sound warnings, they do not alter the EUC behavior. The only type of alarm that interferes with balancing is tiltback, which lifts pedals to give direct feedback and naturally invite you to brake. Still you can keep accelerating through tiltback and the EUC will still do its best to keep balance. The true "maximum" speed is the speed at which the EUC will fail to balance and you will crash. You should not try to find out this speed :) Even in perfect conditions at high speed the slightest bump or gust of wind could lead to a crash. 

If you still want to experience near-overpower speeds I would recommend to do it with the 16S (if you still have it). It's safer (for you, for the EUC, for others) to crash at 40kmh than at 75kmh. By the way, your weight mostly affect how quickly you can accelerate and how steep a hill you can climb. Top speed is less affected. It's mostly dictated by motor and voltage (and to an extent by wind resistance and batteries which can reduce effective voltage due to voltage sag). However, whatever batteries or control board you plug in, you can never go beyond free-spin speed. 

And remember: even if your driving is perfect, others can cause a crash: people, vehicles, birds, frisbees, wind, oil spills, EUC failures (they happen!). So I recommend wearing gear so you can walk away from a crash excitedly and post your story here! Good luck!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, nico87 said:

I dont know what is the limit of this wheel.

The graph from the ride i took yesterday when i touched 67km/h shows 14% safety margin left, so its not quite to the limit yet. Its probably not safe to push it any further anyway.

Most people leave it at 20%.. I being 2x your weight, have set it at 25%.

When i ride at 40kph, i time to time hear that alarm. Most cases it stays above 35%..

Seems you can do 75kph? BUT that would be very close to cutout..

Don't forget - as battery gets empty.. That safety margin gets smaller also.. If you will try to ride 70kph at 100% battery - no problem. IF you do that at 60% - Kiss from the ground.

You realize your "safety margin" just means that if you reach 0% just for a short moment, you inevitably crash? You constantly need some safety margin to not crash, should various circumstances appear - pothole, gust of wind, you accelerate a bit, whatever. Also, assuming these margin numbers are super exact is just not true.

Right now you are coasting on your low weight, big battery, and plain luck. This isn't going to last forever.

If you want to go faster than 60kph, get a faster wheel. Master, EXN HS, RS HS, Sherman - there are plenty.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, yoos said:

I hope you are just joking and or trolling.

Your setup and history looks like the perfect recipe for disaster, I am afraid. One year is often the time when you have learned a lot indeed and therefore might become complacent. Having never fallen exacerbates the problem: you likely feel confident and proficient on the EUC. I know it's difficult to limit oneself but at least gear up a bit.

If you are bold enough to experiment with high speeds, especially speeds beyond recommended "safe" speeds, you should at least wear extensive gear. A motorcycle helmet is great and will likely save your head, but the remaining body parts will suffer greatly in a 70kmh asphalt fall. Even if you don't break anything and just slide your regular clothes will be shredded instantly and your will have severe road rash. I would recommend full motorcycle gear: jacket+pants and possibly mc gloves and or wrist guards. Leather shoes or even motorcycle footwear. In summer mesh motorcycles jackets are great. At about 30kmh and higher they ventilate well and you won't overheat.

I suspect you might not fully appreciate how EUCs and their alarms work. An EUC will try to keep balance for as long as it can. Alarms are just there to warn you that you are going fast or that you are drawing a lot of power. So it just tells you that the EUC could soon fail at balancing and then you will crash as a result. Beeps are just sound warnings, they do not alter the EUC behavior. The only type of alarm that interferes with balancing is tiltback, which lifts pedals to give direct feedback and naturally invite you to brake. Still you can keep accelerating through tiltback and the EUC will still do its best to keep balance. The true "maximum" speed is the speed at which the EUC will fail to balance and you will crash. You should not try to find out this speed :) Even in perfect conditions at high speed the slightest bump or gust of wind could lead to a crash. 

If you still want to experience near-overpower speeds I would recommend to do it with the 16S (if you still have it). It's safer (for you, for the EUC, for others) to crash at 40kmh than at 75kmh. By the way, your weight mostly affect how quickly you can accelerate and how steep a hill you can climb. Top speed is less affected. It's mostly dictated by motor and voltage (and to an extent by wind resistance and batteries which can reduce effective voltage due to voltage sag). However, whatever batteries or control board you plug in, you can never go beyond free-spin speed. 

And remember: even if your driving is perfect, others can cause a crash: people, vehicles, birds, frisbees, wind, oil spills, EUC failures (they happen!). So I recommend wearing gear so you can walk away from a crash excitedly and post your story here! Good luck!

Hey.. He want's to find out the wheels limits.. Let him do that. Otherwise he will never learn. One fall and he will slow down. :D 

I don't even want to come anywhere close to mine wheel limits.. I don't want to fall. As soon as i hear any beep of my wheel, i slow down. :D I know i could go "faster", but i don't need to go faster.

10 minutes ago, Funky said:

Most people leave it at 20%.. I being 2x your weight, have set it at 25%.

When i ride at 40kph, i time to time hear that alarm. Most cases it stays above 35%..

Seems you can do 75kph? BUT that would be very close to cutout..

Don't forget - as battery gets empty.. That safety margin gets smaller also.. If you will try to ride 70kph at 100% battery - no problem. IF you do that at 60% - Kiss from the ground.

The wheel seems to regulate itself, when below 20% battery starts beeping at 50km/h.

Probably max speed would be around 75 km/h, dont know if i'll have the chance of finding that out. Would need to find a place to do this test and be ready to hit the ground. I'll skip it for now :)

3 minutes ago, Funky said:

Hey.. He want's to find out the wheels limits.. Let him do that. Otherwise he will never learn. One fall and he will slow down. :D 

I don't even want to come anywhere close to mine wheel limits.. I don't want to fall. As soon as i hear any beep of my wheel, i slow down. :D I know i could go "faster", but i don't need to go faster.

No actually wasnt about finding the limit, it was more about being aware of the limits. As you get better at riding and the road allows you, you find yourself at high speeds a lot often without even noticing it. You might want to get to know your wheel better then. :)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

You realize your "safety margin" just means that if you reach 0% just for a short moment, you inevitably crash? You constantly need some safety margin to not crash, should various circumstances appear - pothole, gust of wind, you accelerate a bit, whatever. Also, assuming these margin numbers are super exact is just not true.

Right now you are coasting on your low weight, big battery, and plain luck. This isn't going to last forever.

If you want to go faster than 60kph, get a faster wheel. Master, EXN HS, RS HS, Sherman - there are plenty.

I think he understands what we are trying to say.. If euc stops working at that speed you will hit the ground like jumping of second? third? floor.. Add sliding on the asphalt sanding down all your skin < got to love that feeling. :wub: 

The hit from falling from that speed wont hurt you so bad.. Even breaking bone won't hurt that bad.. IT'S the road rash that you will get. That will hurt 10x more. Over weeks/months. < I know all that. (Falling from bike at 20kph..) So i never will gamble with my wheel limits.

12 minutes ago, nico87 said:

You might want to get to know your wheel better then. :)

Hey i'm riding 40 of 50 speed. And that's with 25% safety margin left.. I know for a fact i could do 45 easy, with 20% safety margin left.. (Have ridden even at 30% battery at that speed. 18xl "slows" down at ~25% battery..) But i don't need that speed. I'm riding on pavement where people walk. 40 is plenty there.. (I go those speed when i don't see anyone on straight empty road..) Middle of city i go 30-35kph mostly.. (I remind i live in very empty city..)

Edited by Funky

19 hours ago, nico87 said:

Yes, but you usually can't hear it at this speed because of the wind so it's best to have an intercom or BT internal speakers/earphones connected to Eucw/Darknessbot

The safety margin in the apps must be adjusted to be exact, originally set to 20% it is overrated by about 5%, you can set it up by doing a free spin test being connected to the app then increasing the speed by small increments until the first 80% beeps (the result will probably be between 14 to 16% on Eucw) once the right setting is found add 1% for BT latency and you are ready to go

Your Mv3 100V with full battery should start beeping around 65kmh so you must have just emitted the first beep during your run reached 67 kmh 14% safety margin and not have heard it cause it was just one beep/wind

@Tawpie Most likely the 84V datasheet 

Edited by Bizra6ot