Wheel shuts down unexpectedly

anouschka

Hi guys,

My Husband had the same problem with the Rockwheel GR12, 2 days in a row.

We both know how to ride, it is for sure no lek of experience.

When we ride the wheel slowly everything is fine. 
As soon as we go faster (fast) and lean more forward, the wheel shuts down and you fall off, with very bad bruises a result.

Is there anyone who has the same problem ?
Is this an fault in the wheel, I can't believe that it is normal that the wheel shuts down out of nothing.

There is also no signal or alarm when you go 'to' fast

Which do you have, a GP12 or GR12?  (the GR12 costs a lot more, and has less power, it's also louder than the GR12.  the GR12 is very quiet)  I have a rockwheel GP12 and find it really easy to out lean.  what this means, is if I lean too far forward, this happens, and I fall forward.  there is no warning beep if you out lean a EU.   When I say out lean, I mean lean too much for the EU to handle.  I find it really easy to do on my rockwheel, but then, the GP12 has a much weaker motor.  When I ride my rockwheel, I try not to accelerate too suddenly, or this happens every time. =/  It's one of the main reasons I prefer my gotway over my rockwheel.

Anouschka, Is there a way you complain about this to Rockwheel itself. They better know they have faulty units at hand. Obviously it's not operator error. If you lived in US, you would have been rich by now by suing. 

Hi guys,

My Husband had the same problem with the Rockwheel GR12, 2 days in a row.

We both know how to ride, it is for sure no lek of experience.

When we ride the wheel slowly everything is fine. 

As soon as we go faster (fast) and lean more forward, the wheel shuts down and you fall off, with very bad bruises a result.

Is there anyone who has the same problem ?

Is this an fault in the wheel, I can't believe that it is normal that the wheel shuts down out of nothing.

There is also no signal or alarm when you go 'to' fast

How fast were you going?  If it shuts down around 25-30 km/h i think that would be normal.  Also it should be beeping continuously.  Geared Rockwheels are famous for beep beep beep beep beep.  Also make sure not to go fast if your battery meter is less than half full.

Maybe we (all) should add a skate wheel to the front of unit, that is positioned so if we tilt too forward, the skating wheel would stop it tilting any further but allow us full speed and allow us to do corrective actions.

If you lived in US, you would have been rich by now by suing.

Not really, unicycling in a sport. A sport is where you need to have technique and where you have a possibility of getting injured at any time.

Maybe we (all) should add a skate wheel to the front of unit, that is positioned so if we tilt too forward, the skating wheel would stop it tilting any further but allow us full speed and allow us to do corrective actions.

Unfortunately I don't think that could work. It would have to come in contact with the ground even sooner than some of the closed in cases do now. A lot of people have problems with those preventing them from going up steep slopes with sudden gradient changes by grounding out. Steep driveways and ramps would then become impossible.

Not really, most of us did not have the idiotcy of the need to go up +30° ramps/slopes, only a choosen few have that need... And wheel location would be high enough not interfere in 'normal' operations but only make contact with the ground, before too forward tilt... This is for the safety of the general masses... But that may be mute, for the fact people will fall just because anything other than the feeling from normal level riding can cause uneasiness...

We have one member that added two wheels to the rear of his unit to allow it to stand and trolley it while power is off...

Archived