Washington Store

Hholaach

2 hours ago, Hholaach said:

Any local scooter store in Washington?

DC or State?

If State, for repairs see https://www.the-float-factory.com. Otherwise, RevRides in Portland is the closest retailer. There are a couple of retailers in Vancouver BC (eevee's and VanEUC).

If DC, I have no clue!

Edited by Tawpie
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Hholaach said:

State

RevRides is really good, sales (all kinds of PEVs), service is top shelf and they're very supportive of the community. No sales tax either. You will of course, be a model citizen and pay use tax though, right? ^_^

Edited by Tawpie
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Tawpie said:

No sales tax either. You will of course, be a model citizen and pay use tax though, right? ^_^

Is that true now? When I was shopping around last year, their quote at the time included sales tax..

Not really related to OPs ?, but I read (probably on here somewhere) where Rev Rides set up shop in Vancouver is a nice destination to ride at. I'd like to get down there sometime myself and explore.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Vanturion said:

Is that true now? When I was shopping around last year, their quote at the time included sales tax.

If you go into their physical store in Portland, I would be absolutely stunned if they wanted sales tax. On-line sales, yes, they do have to collect and remit sales tax but in store they wouldn't be collecting sales taxes for other states. Accounting and burden of proof and all that messy administrivia.

And checking, they do indeed have a store in Vancouver WA so if crossing the border is a hassle, there is a retailer in our fair State!

Edited by Tawpie

• 9 months later...
On 6/14/2022 at 8:26 AM, Vanturion said:

Is that true now? When I was shopping around last year, their quote at the time included sales tax..

Not really related to OPs ?, but I read (probably on here somewhere) where Rev Rides set up shop in Vancouver is a nice destination to ride at. I'd like to get down there sometime myself and explore.

On 6/15/2022 at 6:56 PM, Vanturion said:

Oh, didn't know they had a store there. Well, I sure do love making sure the state gets every bit of revenue they can from my cold dead obedient and subservient hands. God bless our filthy parasitic benevolent and trustworthy bureaucrats!

Online Purchases from REV Rides are tax exempt based on billing address. If your payment method has a billing address in a state where sales tax is exempt, your order will automatically be exempt from tax without intervention. this works the same as other retailers like best buy, amazon, target, etc. 

REV Rides used to follow the oregon and washington tax law cooperation to make manual exemptions ad-hoc with a paper form and ID. When this measure became unsupported by the states a couple of years ago, the defaulted method for tax exemption was based on billing address for payment method via automation under the ecommerce platform we use. 

if you make a purchase in store, we offer the option to email an invoice, which folks like me living in portland must do to not to be taxed.

the PNW, but portland specifically, is uniquely adept to the PEV lifestyle, you can get anywhere, faster than any car/transit at all hours of the day. 
i've personally put over 20k miles on wheels in the portland-metro since 05/17/2021 - present (03/2023)

Edited by misterdalto
spelling
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, misterdalto said:

if you make a purchase in store, we offer the option to email an invoice, which folks like me living in portland must do to not to be taxed.

How would you know how much sales tax to charge if the customer is paying in cash and doesn't provide an address though, or is proof of address required to make the sale without some arbitrary sales tax being charged in the no-sales tax state of OR? Curious now since the thread was revived.

Forgot the storefront was located in Vancouver, WA not Portland, OR. Whoopsie, nevermind then

Edited by Vanturion
derp

• 3 months later...
On 6/14/2022 at 5:56 PM, Tawpie said:

DC or State?

If State, for repairs see https://www.the-float-factory.com. Otherwise, RevRides in Portland is the closest retailer. There are a couple of retailers in Vancouver BC (eevee's and VanEUC).

If DC, I have no clue!

Why do difficulties arise precisely for those who live in DC? I read reviews of cool bikes on the blog, but it is the residents of DC who have constant problems with repairs and maintenance.