New Wheel, Dead Charger (Gotway 18")

My charger has arrived, I made a video of me plugging it in, just in case it went kaput again but there is a red light on the powerpack. No lights are on my wheel though. Does the Gotway 18" light up whilst charging or do you have to turn it on to see how charged it is?

Ok :-)

I'm going to turn it on at about 11, as I heard it takes around 8 hours to fully charge & I was at the lower end of the 2nd light (it did flick onto one for a while). I'm assuming it takes around 2 hours to fill up one light.

Can't wait :-) I have the day off work today too. Shame it's raining but that won't stop me.

When it's approaching full charge the led will start flashing between red and green. I believe that whilst it is doing this the individual cells in the battery pack are being balanced.

So for the sake of battery longevity I leave all my wheels to complete their charge cycles fully before I disconnect them.

I was thinking of just waiting for a few lights before I try it but I will wait until it's full. I want my first experience to be the best it can be. I haven't actually ordered any safety equipment yet & currently have tennis elbow so am not planning on pushing the limits.

Depending on your balance and core strength it is likely to take you you a while to be able to ride it let alone push the limits. :)

The quickest learner we've had was a very sporty girl who was riding 30yrds up and down our driveway in 20 minutes but she was still a bit wobbly and couldn't turn in the width of the driveway which is about 9yrds wide.

Most people, me included take about three sessions of half an hour to an hour each depending on your fitness. I did it on three consecutive days and on the fourth day I felt confident enough to go out for a 5 mile ride. I was still very wobbly though.

I'm hoping to get a couple of hours or so in the park today & then will take it out late on the night/early in the morning whilst there's no traffic. Ideally, it would be nice to ride to work on it tomorrow (only a 10/15 minute walk away).

Do you have a history of any other balancing transport?

Skateboard, skates, skiing or unicycling?

We've found that good skiers tend to pick up the necessary skills the quickest but we've not had a unicyclist yet despite the fact that I can just about go 20 feet in a straightish line on one. :)

I've only been skiing once & that was during work experience at an outdoor activities adventure camp so I was supposed to be helping with the lesson rather than skiing. I did ride a skateboard when I was younger but wasn't what you would call a 'skater'.

I did do a lot of sport, including gymnastics though so that involved balance.

Archived