S18 Weight Limit

I’ve been really excited these days about the P42a version of the S18 from eWheels. After reading a ton about differences between cells it seems obvious that this is the way to go. With average currents of 10-15 A and peaks of 50 A or higher, we just don’t match the intended use of these 5000 mAh energy cells very well. 

My question is about the weight limit for the S18. The chart here says 191 lbs with 265 lbs struck out. Why? Jimmy Chang’s review of the molicell version also says “this wheel is not suitable for heavier riders”. Is it only the voltage sag? Is there some other mechanical limitation? I would guess that KingSong basically built the wheel with 265lb-capable parts (same controller and motor as 16x and 18xl, right?) but because the design required a 3p battery, heavier riders felt that bottle neck.  With the molicell, shouldn’t it be able to support more weight? 

BTW, I’m 6’0 about 200 with gear on. 

The chart is basically just saying, the  stock shock is only really good for this, if your heavier we recommend you don't drop more than 50cm.  The shock has to be rated for some ideals for sealing.  You should have little issue at 200 with gear, im about 210 with gear, (granted i got a used one recently, but it handles me fine.) With the better cells, it should have even more power available.

The S18 has a "solid" axel, there are real limits to how much load it and the rest of the mechanicals can carry before something fails. Choose with care!

Remember that the battery is small—carrying a heavy payload will reduce its already short range.