"LoJack" your EUC

StreetMeatNYC

7 hours ago, StreetMeatNYC said:

So I bought this mini GPS unit to track my EUC, thought some of you may be interested

Mini GPS

Nice idea!

7 hours ago, StreetMeatNYC said:

You'll also need to tap straight off the battery and bring the 60V down to 12V with this Step Down

Max Input voltage is specified with 60V - that should not be enough. Most EUCs have about up to 67V and with regenerative breaking the Voltage can even get higher.

4 hours ago, Chriull said:

Max Input voltage is specified with 60V - that should not be enough. Most EUCs have about up to 67V and with regenerative breaking the Voltage can even get higher.

True. His ninebot is about 63V when full charged.

Probably the DC converter has 63V capacitors. Many other DC-DC converters rated at 60V have 63v caps.

I think that would be better to choose a 80v DC-DC step down converter.

I have this exact model installed on a jet ski. I can say that this model seems to be pretty waterproof. But the GPS locate function is very slow. Upon requesting the location via SMS, it takes up to 5 mins for it to respond back with the GPS location. Also the website and app are so bad, they're almost not usable. It does however have a pretty reliable shock/movement sensor, if you disturb the item it's attached to, it will either call or txt the master cell phone. I'm mostly relying on its motion alarm feature rather than the GPS functionality.

@StreetMeatNYC Do you have the same issue with slow GPS location response?

Archived