V12 HT or Begode Master

I have a 16X that is in for repairs, but this made me realize that I need a wheel that is dependable, or a second wheel altogether. I use my unicycle for commuting in Houston, where it rains later in the year, so a IP rating would be nice. Also for group rides, and recently trail and technical rides. 

As of right now, I have a preorder on a V12 HT as it is like a better quality, water resistant 16X, but I’ve had my eye on the Begode Master. Build quality is decent, durability not as much, but I could get suspension, more acceleration (which I love) and power from the 134V battery.

If I get the V12, it would only be a small upgrade from the 16X, whereas the Master would be in another class.

Any thoughts on which wheel would be best for me? I’m somewhat leaning towards replacing my 16X with a V12, and waiting for another 134v wheel that has more range, but curious to what you all think.

Edited by Alton Dillon

Oy. If you don’t drop your wheel (ever), the Master would be hard to beat for blasting around the streets.

But if you do crash every now and then, and the V12 HT isn’t another lemon, at least it’ll take a tumble without guaranteed needing major repairs.

I’d almost go Master just to fool around on a Master, but you might find yourself using your backup wheel more than expected.

Video of damage to a Begode Master from a low speed crash.

Starts from the moment of crash.

The YouTuber describes the damage.

Damage is then shown at time mark 4.37.

The MASTER and it's FLAWS! Begode COME ON........

May 13, 2022

lEvb-F6v5s5hbrccy8ugJ5J711xxXTW6J14BZxrY

261 subscribers

image.png.e9b6093b1da823589cb95094d385a4aa.png

I'm sure master is a great wheel. But I recently updated from 16x to Inmotion v12 HS, and I gotta say it's kinda in another class too. I thought it's a small upgrade too, I just wanted a 16x with more speed, what I got is way larger more stable fast wheel with nimbleness of 16x or actually with a high pedal setting even more nimble. I literally can not scratch my pedals on v12, I go as low as I can in a turn and both because of pedal height and inmotion software that keeps your pedals flat no matter the turn I can't touch the ground, that makes both off-road and high speed turns feel great! Never thought I'll say it but I prefer v12 hs to my 16x off-road! Yes it's a bit slower on torque the first second of going from a full stop, but after that v12 is as good if not better off-road,  while 16x or v12ht might be better at climbing I love that I can hit a hole off-road going 45kph and not over-power the wheel at all, just bounce out of it fine. The tall wheel body makes it better on the street too, it's just a lot more ergonomic. I low key want an inmotion v12 HS with a rim and tire from the HT version, climbing torque is a very niche thing to need.  Riding on the street is fantastic on the inmotion v12 hs, after upgrading the pedals to spiked larger once I go 65kph and don't even notice. The screen is surprisingly useful, you'll get that on the master too though, every new EUC needs a screen! 

• Like 1