Jump to content

Gotway MCM4 HS Smell


Chiiter

Recommended Posts

Hey Community! My Gotway MCM4 HS 340wh arrived at friday and since then I´ve driven about 40km. But everyday when I return home I notice that terrible smell that is probably comming from the wheel or the motor or something like that. Did anyone else have the problem, too and if yes, how did you fix it or did the problem solve itself after some time?

Thanks for all replies

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, dmethvin said:

What does it smell like? Burning plastic? Burning rubber? If you rotate the tire with the power off, does it move smoothly without rubbing?

I dont know it smells like shit. My head hurts if it stands for a longer time in the same room i sit in. If I try to rotate the wheel when its off, it does run smoothly, but not for very long- just like it was with the old dynams from the old bicycles

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, dmethvin said:

If you mean that literally, make sure you didn't run over any dog poop. :P If you just mean that it smells bad, be more specific.

Haha. Yes it smells like it is plastic or rubber.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Chiiter said:

I dont know it smells like shit. My head hurts if it stands for a longer time in the same room i sit in. If I try to rotate the wheel when its off, it does run smoothly, but not for very long- just like it was with the old dynams from the old bicycles

It's the tire. At first I thought the smell is coming from the motor but now that I just received a new motor with tire from Ninebot that smells like burning tire even though the motor hasn't been fitted yet, then I am sure the smell is coming from the brand new tire.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, SlowMo said:

It's the tire. At first I thought the smell is coming from the motor but now that I just received a new motor with tire from Ninebot that smells like burning tire even though the motor hasn't been fitted yet, then I am sure the smell is coming from the brand new tire.

So what should I do?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

One thing that you might want to try if it bothers you that much, like any other plastics, rubbers, leathers that has their own distinctive smells, you can try wiping it with white vinegar every couple days to make it less severe. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Vanquiz said:

One thing that you might want to try if it bothers you that much, like any other plastics, rubbers, leathers that has their own distinctive smells, you can try wiping it with white vinegar every couple days to make it less severe. 

You mean that it will stay like that? But good idea thanks :D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Vanquiz said:

No, I mean it will go eventually, but might take weeks or months, at least that's what happens with my fake leather steering wheel cover,  it's just I've found wiping with the vinegar helps speed up the process.

@Chiiter

I will definetly try it thank you so much. I will tell you whether it does something or not :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I got mine in 16th January and it was 2 first nights beside my bed ? and I did not notice any smell. But the gap between tire and the shell is very small, hope tire not touch the shell when ride.

My wife does not let me take it in anymore ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

i just got my mcm4hs delivered and i can confirm that it also has a similarly tight gap between the tire and case. my theory is that they may have orignally designed it for a smaller tire.

about the smell, i noticed a slight one too, and the insides of padding cushions were the source in my case.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, OliverH said:

That's a tight fit. How could that happen in the design phase?

Lol thats really fucking tight.

 

2 hours ago, Tomek said:

i just got my mcm4hs delivered and i can confirm that it also has a similarly tight gap between the tire and case. my theory is that they may have orignally designed it for a smaller tire.

about the smell, i noticed a slight one too, and the insides of padding cushions were the source in my case.

Okay thanks.

6 hours ago, Pasi said:

Here is mine gap.  1...3mm

20160304_191245_resized_2.jpg

Holy

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...