Ninebot C+ sat too long

ovel2clock

With everything not happening for the past 2 years, my Ninebot C+ has unfortunately just been sitting in the garage.  Decided to pull it out today and charge it up again. 

... however the battery is completely dead.  I hooked it up to the charger and the LED just shows green.  My understanding is that green = trickle charging.  I took it apart and hooked the battery it up to a volt meter and it was showing 24v (ouch).    I've got it hooked up and the battery voltage and monitoring.  It now shows ~50v. 

Question:  is the battery shot?  Worth it to replace the battery or buy new? 

TIA

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, ovel2clock said:

... however the battery is completely dead.  I hooked it up to the charger and the LED just shows green.  My understanding is that green = trickle charging.

No - green means the charging current is below some threshold. So it could also not charge at all, like once the BMS cuts off due to bad cell voltages.

I took it apart and hooked the battery it up to a volt meter and it was showing 24v (ouch).    I've got it hooked up and the battery voltage and monitoring.  It now shows ~50v. 

The c+ has 15 cells in series. They should have 15*4.2V=63V, or the 61V from the charger. So with this 50 or 46V it seems to have many dead cells... :(

Question:  is the battery shot? 

Yes.

Worth it to replace the battery or buy new? 

For the price of a battery you won't find a new wheel :(

But some If you find some nice used newer wheel this could be a much better investment?

• Like 1