Ninebot A1/S1/S2 custom battery and intellingent BMS 15S and 16S configs

OneLeg

To move the topic discussing with @power pan in

@power pan buit an S1 with 21700, 5000mha batteries.

I am am going to build packs using NCR20700B and a 3rd party BMS. The Ninebot is a 15S battery, but extend battery life, am thinking of building is with 16S batteries.

The voltage of the ninebot is 63V, but if we put 16S batteries, when the pack is fully charged the cells will only be charged to 3.93V, each cell will only be charged to 93.75%  then the issue remains how you do you balance.

For this we need an intelligent balancer which can report per cell voltage via Bluetooth and we can also trigger a balancing say once the cells reach 3.9V or on demand.

Edited by OneLeg

• 2 weeks later...

I finished the modification last night, it's awesome in mileage... but still I could not post photos here. I'm little bit lazy cause I seldom use one drive to upload... but one thing is weird, it only shows 48.8km, 233.9wh(euc world) but infact it should be 270wh per cell as I used 21700 18wh battery cells.

I made a minor mistake in the middle, after I replace the mulfunction buzzer, then the wheel stopped to run any more, then I figured it out that I installed the handle with wrong direction, then the hall sensor could not detect the original position of the wheel then the wheel refused to run (with the handle switch set in setup menu).

Edited by power pan
  • Like 1

why would the handle sensor and the hall sensor be linked? Strange...

I will try later to post the photos you sent me.... particularly of the BMS and EUC World...

5 hours ago, OneLeg said:

why would the handle sensor and the hall sensor be linked? Strange...

I will try later to post the photos you sent me.... particularly of the BMS and EUC World...

Handle only put a round megnet there. and the hall is located on the board with power switch.