Aftermarket tire came off while riding

-XX-

I recently installed a MMG motocross tire on my 18 XL and was really happy with it until the thing came half way of the rim last nite. First i noticed a bump everytime went around so i looked and there's was a small bulge where the bead was starting to come off the rim, then within a cpl hundred feet it completely came off. It was a real pain getting it outta the case and the pressure from the expanded inner tube damaged the case pretty good. As far as i could tell everything fit just fine when i installed it and i rode on it for the last cpl weeks with no issues so i don't know what caused this. Had anybody else had this happen?

• Sad 2

Could you maybe give full tire name? Size/Name/Numbers. And what psi did you ride it? Maybe inner tube was crumpled up, before pumping air in?

Don't know how that could have happened. Maybe you hit something while riding - moved whole tire somehow? Or did you jump curb harder?

Was tis the tire?>

618+m4zdCSL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

If you still have problems with that tire - I can recommend Heidenau K66 80/80-14 tire. I have installed that on my 18xl. And i love that tire. (Doh you need to cut side knobbies - easy to cut, i used regular box cutter.) I ride it at 30 psi and i am very heavy rider.

I'll even give measurements for K66 tire. Diameter is 48cm right on mark. Without cutting width is 76mm, after cutting you can get it down to 66mm. Both sides 4mm cut needed.

If you wanna see, i have even made a post about that tire. >

Edited by Funky