Can anyone vouch for EUCcanada.ca

techyiam

52 minutes ago, Funky said:

I originally had CST-1488 tire, it was the 18x2.5" size. Later i upgraded to K66 80/80-14 tire. It's 5mm bigger in diameter, and i also had to cut sides quit bit.. As 18xl wheel well opening is ~72mm wide. K66 was 76mm wide..

At start yes K66 felt more nimble and had the "riding on knife edge" feeling. But after time i got used to it.. I rode my 1488 tire at 28psi. At start i rode K66 at 26psi, after ~50km ridden, i went back to regular psi that i rode 28-30.

K66 has that middle grove, so when going over bumps, etc.. I think it presses the same as 1488 - because of that middle grove, sides presses more vs solid middle tire.

At the end i like K66.

Thank you for your detailed reply.

The reason I asked is because I am currently in the process of making a tubeless over-sized scooter tire to fit in a Begode T3.

The tire in question is a CST tubeless scooter that has a sizing of 16 x 2.5. The OEM bicyce tire is a CST-1488, 16 x 2.125. In their unmounted state, the overall diameter is about the same, but the scooter tire is quite a bit wider. Also, the scooter tire is way, way stiffer. 

To mount a bicycle tire on the T3 is straightforward using plastic bicycle tire levers. However, to mount the scooter tire, I had to resort to motorcycle tire iron.

In any case, because the width of the rim is so narrow, the mounted tire ended up only a smidgen wider than the original tire. But the problem I am facing instead, is that the overall diameter grew to 16.75". That turns out to be too large a diameter. Based on my measurement, when the wheel is properly installed into the shell, the tire will just come in contact with the top of the wheel well. But there is an obstacle I have to overcome first before I can actually put back the wheel. The bottom opening for the wheel is too small for the new tire. I am currently openimg up the opening. 

Now, after the inflating the scooter tire to 15 psi, the side wall was way more stiffer than the original bicycle tire at 30 psi. I am still in the process of shoehorning the scooter tire shod wheel into the wheel well. Since I haven't ridden it yet, I am worried that the ride quality may not be worth the effort. Of course I am hoping that this worrying is unfounded.

On the positive, the tire profile ended up looking quite round. I hope this will help improve handling characteristics. I was planning to start riding with an inflation pressure of 15 psi first. I am hoping the new tubeless scooter tire will improve high speed stability, bump compliance, and tread life.

6 minutes ago, techyiam said:

Thank you for your detailed reply.

The reason I asked is because I am currently in the process of making a tubeless over-sized scooter tire to fit in a Begode T3.

The tire in question is a CST tubeless scooter that has a sizing of 16 x 2.5. The OEM bicyce tire is a CST-1488, 16 x 2.125. In their unmounted state, the overall diameter is about the same, but the scooter tire is quite a bit wider. Also, the scooter tire is way, way stiffer. 

To mount a bicycle tire on the T3 is straightforward using plastic bicycle tire levers. However, to mount the scooter tire, I had to resort to motorcycle tire iron.

In any case, because the width of the rim is so narrow, the mounted tire ended up only a smidgen wider than the original tire. But the problem I am facing instead, is that the overall diameter grew to 16.75". That turns out to be too large a diameter. Based on my measurement, when the wheel is properly installed into the shell, the tire will just come in contact with the top of the wheel well. But there is an obstacle I have to overcome first before I can actually put back the wheel. The bottom opening for the wheel is too small for the new tire. I am currently openimg up the opening. 

Now, after the inflating the scooter tire to 15 psi, the side wall was way more stiffer than the original bicycle tire at 30 psi. I am still in the process of shoehorning the scooter tire shod wheel into the wheel well. Since I haven't ridden it yet, I am worried that the ride quality may not be worth the effort. Of course I am hoping that this worrying is unfounded.

On the positive, the tire profile ended up looking quite round. I hope this will help improve handling characteristics. I was planning to start riding with an inflation pressure of 15 psi first. I am hoping the new tubeless scooter tire will improve high speed stability, bump compliance, and tread life.

Yeah.. If you need to "mod" the euc it self. Not worth it.. If you need to cut tire sides, then worth it.

For reference i weight 280lbs and ride at 28psi. Same psi that i rode on 1488.. If i go over 30 psi, i get that "riding on knife edge" feeling.. As i don't jump and ride on flat ground 28 psi works for me.

15psi seems to low.. Tire could move on rim it self. < Just saying, as i don't know if it would move..

Accepted Payment Methods:

Visa, MasterCard, Amex, Debit, E-Transfer. Sorry, we do not accept cash payments.

Copied from their website.

Edited by jrhz06

10 minutes ago, T.A.D said:

Cash via a website? What are you talking about? If you want to go into their store in Vancouver I'm sure they will be happy to take your cash.

ps: Eevees rocks - check out their YouTube Channel

Have you ever managed to pay cash at EEVEES in person? They don't accept cash, in person in the store.

2 hours ago, goatman said:

i was just on eevee's site looking at the rs 19 torque

these guys dont  accept cash????

Yes, interesting policy as cash is king.

But then again their store is located in a sketchy part of Vancouver, just a minute’s walk from Pain and Wastings St. Lots of petty crime and window smashing happening all over the downtown core, not just in their location.

ya, i was going to run down and buy a wheel

look at bottom of page for the address and it said no cash

then i thought $3250 for a RS with 2 of those 900 wh battery packs in it might not exactly be a smart buy

1 hour ago, goatman said:

ya, i was going to run down and buy a wheel

look at bottom of page for the address and it said no cash

then i thought $3250 for a RS with 2 of those 900 wh battery packs in it might not exactly be a smart buy

If you are willing to spend another $30, and can wait for a mid-August delivery (free shipping), you can get yourself a new Begode Master instead.

EDIT:

My bad, your RS price is after taxes.

You need to click on preorder button to see the sale price.

https://www.smartwheel.ca/begode-master-20-3500w-motor-electric-unicycle-with-2400wh-134v-battery/

Edited by techyiam

thanks for that tip, i've been on craigslist making offers

theres a couple shermans $3600/$4000

an ex-n with 700 km's on it,$2900, wont budge on the price, asked him to look to see what cells are inside it m50t or lt, he didnt know about the bad packs

another msp ht with the old packs, beat up and a bald tire for 2 grand

was thinking of just ordering all the parts to build a new msp ht, need to price it out

i was also thinking of building an rs with the msp ht motor with a black control board but i dont know if the rs side panels would fit the msp c38 hangers

maybe ill just go put money on that pre order to get on the list, its cheaper than a used sherman and  has suspension

just looked and it says it ships out aug.15, by boat or plane?

8 minutes ago, goatman said:

just looked and it says it ships out aug.15, by boat or plane?

To be sure, you need to contact them directly.

My interpretation is that they should be sending out the Masters from Burlington ON, around the middle of August. I think it gets to the west coast within a week.