Weird high speed vibrations

Over the past month and half my Nikola AR+ has been vibrating/shaking around 35mph, and beeping at 38mph. The wheel normally doesn't beep until 40+mph, and has zero vibrations/shakes. This happens approximately 50% of the time that I go out to riding. A lot of time it goes away after 10-15 minutes of riding. So when I leave my house I'm vibrating like crazy and stuck going up to 38, but after a few minutes it stops and I can go up to 40+ even though my battery is drained more.

-Wheel still charges to full
-Is stored indoors
-Has around 2300 miles on it, still using the stock tire it has a good amount of tread left
-I don't think it's my PSI, every time I check it's between 38-36 psi (I set it to 38, I'm a heavy rider)
-Internals all looked fine the last time I checked, I haven't gone all the way to removing the motor from the shell though
-I live on a flat road so it's not like it's caused by me braking on a huge downhill at 100% battery
-On the outside the rim looks fine, no visible dents or cracks
-Works (seemingly) perfectly normal up to the 33-35mph range when it starts to vibrate/shake on me
-It seems to happen more between 97-100.8V, but that's mostly when I take the wheel out to ride so it might not be a factor
-It seems to happen more when I just took it off the charge to go ride, but I've also experienced it after leaving it on the green for 15 minutes-2 hours, and even when it's been unplugged overnight

Any ideas on what could be causing this, or if anyone has experienced this on one of their wheels? I am really concerned this thing might dump me at 35mph, or even worse explode in my living room. Also going to contact AlienRides about this since I've been unable to solve this on my own

Edited by TantasStarke

You need to do a run-out test on your wheel whereby you see if your wheel is straight.

This is how. https://www.parktool.com/blog/repair-help/wheel-and-rim-truing

Most of the above isn't applicable to you since that uses spokes but it will give you an idea if your rim/wheel is true.

Then, if your run-out test shows your wheel being mostly true (it won't be perfect) then it's your tire. However, at 2300 miles I'd replace it anyway. Generally I replace my tires every 1500 miles.

4 hours ago, TantasStarke said:

Over the past month and half my Nikola AR+ has been vibrating/shaking around 35mph, and beeping at 38mph. The wheel normally doesn't beep until 40+mph, and has zero vibrations/shakes. This happens approximately 50% of the time that I go out to riding. A lot of time it goes away after 10-15 minutes of riding. So when I leave my house I'm vibrating like crazy and stuck going up to 38, but after a few minutes it stops and I can go up to 40+ even though my battery is drained more.

-Wheel still charges to full
-Is stored indoors
-Has around 2300 miles on it, still using the stock tire it has a good amount of tread left
-I don't think it's my PSI, every time I check it's between 38-36 psi (I set it to 38, I'm a heavy rider)
-Internals all looked fine the last time I checked, I haven't gone all the way to removing the motor from the shell though
-I live on a flat road so it's not like it's caused by me braking on a huge downhill at 100% battery
-On the outside the rim looks fine, no visible dents or cracks
-Works (seemingly) perfectly normal up to the 33-35mph range when it starts to vibrate/shake on me
-It seems to happen more between 97-100.8V, but that's mostly when I take the wheel out to ride so it might not be a factor
-It seems to happen more when I just took it off the charge to go ride, but I've also experienced it after leaving it on the green for 15 minutes-2 hours, and even when it's been unplugged overnight

Any ideas on what could be causing this, or if anyone has experienced this on one of their wheels? I am really concerned this thing might dump me at 35mph, or even worse explode in my living room. Also going to contact AlienRides about this since I've been unable to solve this on my own

Did you slime your tire and maybe put too much in should be about 4oz. If it’s not a slime issue it could be the tire may not be centered on the rim when you inflated it ..if you lay your wheel on it’s side and free spin the wheel is it smooth or does it wobble or does it look like something is off at all…if the tire isn’t centered Deflate to pretty low, squeeze to break the bead seal and massage it good. Then fill partially with air til it's sorta firm. Then roll / bounce it to get it evenly situated. Then fill to proper PSI and try riding. 

1 hour ago, Dosingpsychedelics said:

Did you slime your tire and maybe put too much in should be about 4oz. If it’s not a slime issue it could be the tire may not be centered on the rim when you inflated it ..if you lay your wheel on it’s side and free spin the wheel is it smooth or does it wobble or does it look like something is off at all…if the tire isn’t centered Deflate to pretty low, squeeze to break the bead seal and massage it good. Then fill partially with air til it's sorta firm. Then roll / bounce it to get it evenly situated. Then fill to proper PSI and try riding. 

No slime in my tire, I'll check the tire centering tomorrow morning, and attempt the centering if it is off.

1 hour ago, LanghamP said:

You need to do a run-out test on your wheel whereby you see if your wheel is straight.

This is how. https://www.parktool.com/blog/repair-help/wheel-and-rim-truing

Most of the above isn't applicable to you since that uses spokes but it will give you an idea if your rim/wheel is true.

Then, if your run-out test shows your wheel being mostly true (it won't be perfect) then it's your tire. However, at 2300 miles I'd replace it anyway. Generally I replace my tires every 1500 miles.

Thank you for the tip, I'll take a look at it tomorrow and see what I can do.

Really hoping it's something this simple. May also need to reinstall my firmware, I've had some weird fan behavior in the past (turning on well below the 50C turn-on point, and also not turning on and letting my wheel get up near the thermal throttle limit

Alienrides got back to me and said "Hi Tantas, this has been a newer issue that we have only seen once before so we are trying to get to the bottom of it. If possible, could we have you ship the AR+ to us for investigation? If you have the original box we will send you a return label. Thanks!"

I'm relieved they at least have heard about it, I'm just hoping they can find it out. Hopefully they overlook the scratches and bent handle on the wheel, I promise I've treated it well lol