How to use the electric unicycle ?

Luca Morello

i have a airwheel x3, like yours. now i have some tips about learn to ride electric unicycle.

:lol::lol:

Before Getting Started

For first-timers, be sure to equip yourself with comfortable sportswear and sneakers. Warm up your body and keep your body agile.Considering the average human athletic skills, the height of paddle is set 10cm from ground only, which guarantees your safety in case of falling over. A Helmet, gloves, knee and ankle pads are also recommended for first-timers. To start, please bring Airwheel to open space and watch out for obstructions and bumpy terrains.

Learning Tips for First-Timers

1. Place Airwheel vertically on the ground by one hand and power it on.
2. Unfold the pedals and straddle Airwheel.
3. Place one foot on the center of a pedal and bend the leg slightly to press on the cushion rubber tightly.
4.Lift your hand that holds Airwheel, stand upright naturally and look straight forward. Shift your body weight to the leg standing on the ground and try to achieve lateral balance.
5. Maintain this position and shift your body weight gradually to the other leg and lift your supporting leg from the ground and try to maintain momentary balance.
6. Please follow and practise the above steps before starting riding with one foot on pedal. 7. After being able to ride with one foot smoothly, place another foot on a pedal and relax your legs for better balance. 8. Ride along and try to change directions by shifting body weight or twisting your waist slightly.

Key Notes

Training belt is highly recommended for first-timers, which reduces risk of falling over.

Warnings

1. Players under 18 or over 45 are supposed to find yourself learning partners.
2. Make sure to check the power level and tire before riding.
3. Please control speed before riding smoothly.

http://www.airwheel.net/home/trainingIntroduction

• 2 weeks later...

If you can lose the stabiliser wheels you will have a much better experience.

The small wheels have a nasty tenancy to catch on the edge of flagstones and other lumps and bumps, this can spin you suddenly and cause a fall. They also severely  limit your manoeuvrability.

The concensus of opinion is that they don't really help the learning process very much anyway.

54 minutes ago, Gimlet said:

If you can lose the stabiliser wheels you will have a much better experience.

The small wheels have a nasty tenancy to catch on the edge of flagstones and other lumps and bumps, this can spin you suddenly and cause a fall. They also severely  limit your manoeuvrability.

The concensus of opinion is that they don't really help the learning process very much anyway.

+1 for Gimlet's advice. I'm 60 years old and it took me 2 rainy days (so I couldn't go outside anyway!) of practicing in my hallway with the walls to assist balance.  once the weather improved enough for the local park I had most of the balance I needed. The trainer wheels are just a bad habit to unlearn again. 

@Luca Morello said:"....you do not put your feet down each time you stop". That is a bad thing, once you have got beyond the trainer wheels you have to put your feet down so you need to learn how to mount and dismount. Whilst learning,  try to ride from pole to pole (lamppost, fence post, etc, ) that gives you a goal to aim for and, if you reach it, holding on to the pole will save you putting your feet down too much and allow you to turn around to go back the way you came.

I do believe that a strap is a good idea though, but only if you don't try to pull on it for balance. When I tried pulling on the stap like it was some sort of handlebar it made balance much worst. However, if you fall off the wheel or jump off it can go out of control, if it stays more or less upright. Simply lifting it off of the ground with the strap keeps it under control. Without the strap I would have been very nervous of the risk of damaging a parked car once on the street.

This I have seen from Singapore , even if you take a very rough road can not fall for small wheels with the help of the rope . Then he personally is very boring get on and off at every traffic light , with this way just to swing slightly . The unicycle still does not ever bend to the maximum , as you can tilt up to 45 degrees ?

Then the strap is not pulled , but hand held laterally and acts just to be safe and it works

Archived