Tiltback during warm-up (X3 clone)

who_the

Been riding now for four months in San Francisco. LOVE IT! Totally have the EUC bug. My X3 clone (Fotowelt X30, LOL) is awesome. But I've noticed something and am wondering if anybody has 1) experienced the same thing or 2) discovered a workaround. For the first five minutes or so of my ride, my wheel angles the pedals toward the rear, so the tips of my toes stick into the air, and my heels are closer to the ground. After a few minutes, my wheel seems to level out and I can ride without such an extreme tilt. What I've tried to do is stop and start multiple times, or slow down from full speed repeatedly to level things out. Though things eventually level out, I can't say I've discovered a repeatable solution, or even the problem. Can anybody suggest what is happening or if it's even a problem?

download_20160219_222400.jpg

The tiltback is normaly a warning, that the euc is about to reach its limit.

so i have two wild guesses, hope they can help somehow:

-Could it be that you start with cold batteries? That you store your euc in the garage and start riding with battery temperatures around 10 degrees celcius or below? Then the batteries would be quite limited regarding available power, but after warming up by usage the could get in a normal stage?

- if the wheel in normal operation has no tiltback warning, you could try to calibrate it.

Thanks for the responses, great suggestions. Our air temperature never really drops below 50º F/10º C, though the angle seems to level out after the batteries "warm up" for a few minutes, and a few stop/starts. I do try to start the wheel in level position but will take steps to make sure of that. I do experience beeping and an active tilt back at maximum speed, but this is more of a titled-back pedal position at low speeds, where I can feel my Achilles heel and calf muscles stretching because the back of my heel is lower than the front. 

And by the way, I've gotten much more stable in the month or so since this picture was taken, and no longer ride with my arms and hands in the "falling guy" position shown here. :):):)

15 hours ago, who_the said:

download_20160219_222400.jpg

Archived