Looking to buy as with a group to lower cost

I am from the Netherlands. I am going to buy a Gotway MSuper MS 840.

I am wondering how many ppl from the Netherlands (and Belgium too) are planning the same. If we could buy as a group, cost would be considerably lower. I think i can arrange a good deal when i can gather at least 10 ppl to buy with me in one batch. I  think it is possible to lower the price from around €1600 to around €1400. The deal would be with service. guarantee and support in place.

Please let me know if you are interested. I am looking to buy in one or two months time.

I am living and working in Arnhem, middle part of The Netherlands. My commute is about 2.5 km, and that is no problem for my ninebot.

I am primarily extending my range by buying a Gotway, to visit friends and family in neighbouring towns (up to 30 km away). That would be Ede, Apeldoorn, and Nijmegen. I am also looking forward to touring through the woods around Arnhem. I am even planning to travel the "Pieterpad". This is a long distance hike from the North to the South (almost 500 km) through the most beautiful parts of this country. With my Gotway i plan to do this in a week, (at leisure), with 5 or 6 stops in picturesque hotels. 

4 hours ago, johrhoj said:

(...) I am even planning to travel the "Pieterpad". This is a long distance hike from the North to the South (almost 500 km) through the most beautiful parts of this country. With my Gotway i plan to do this in a week, (at leisure), with 5 or 6 stops in picturesque hotels. 

wow, this is an ambitious plan. hope you will keep us informed and post your experience here...

but this is OT, sorry for that ;-)

• 1 year later...

Halo  @johrhoj,

I saw your comment from 2 years ago. Did you bought your ecu gotway? I live in Doetinchem, just got back from living in Indonesia. I did have my EUC in Indonesia. But what does the Dutch law required to possess EUC? 

Am planning to have one in Holland, because seems you have experience in Holland connecting to dutch law? Maybe I can use your advise...:)

Best regards: Peter

hey hey @Peter C

Posessing an EUC is not the problem, Riding on the public road is the problem. But then, i guess that is what you meant.

The general concensus that it is not allowed. Most police officers are friendly, curious, and not very knowledgeable on the topic of EUC's. I tell them that according to the "Rijksdienst voor het wegverkeer", the EUC is not a vehicle, and that all laws regarding vehicles therefor not apply. I have an email to prove it too, because (I guess) I was the first to ask this question.

I will probably ride my EUC until it gets conficated by the police (knock on wood).

My advice: behave well at all times. Do not go where cars go, but remain on bicycle lanes whenever possible. Do not let the police see you do over 20 km/h. Only go crazy when no one is around :) 

Archived