EUC World - some suggestions for possible improvements / additional features

Hi,

First of all, thanks @Seba for a great app with wide range of safety and enhancement features, it beats basically all original apps hands down. 

After using the app for a bit I have some suggestions for a minor changes or improvements, with mist of them hopefully not being too complicated to implement:

1. Allow to specify the speed for "Enforce regulatory compliance" as  in some countries it's different from 25 km/h (or whatever other speed the manufacturer might have as default). In my case I'd for example need 20 km/h. 

2. Add LEDs On / Off action to list of available option for screen taps and Flic buttons. This is currently only possible in Settings under Wheel section. 

3. As the TP-Link HS110 plug is EOL product, hard to get a hold of new, adding support for some newer plug models would greatly appreciated, like Tapo P110 or Shelly Plug S. I have both and I'll be happy to perform testing for you. Shelly plug is nice and portable, I carry it with my charger everywhere to time limit the charging, it has it's own webserver and can work even without internet or local router and have nice htpp access for commands and info retrieval. Alternatively adding option for configurable http requests into EUC Word app for turning the socket On, Off, reading consumption etc. would make it compatible with any such socket without need to add specific commands for new models by yourself and user can share their settings here.

4. Any chance of adding support for Inmotion P1 (and P2 as it most likely have the same communication protocol and commands)? Again I offer testing if needed. 

5. Add option to change volume of or mute on board speaker on wheels without bluetooth sound option (like V8) via tap actions or Flic buttons. Currently the app can only control on board speakers volume in settings under Wheel section. 

Thank you again for a great app and hopefully some of the above mentioned points would be possible to implement in one if the future version. 

6. And as a "bonus", one side question (instead of creating a separate post for it), does V8 support onboard horn function and if not, would it be possible to make it trigger one of the onboard stored sounds (which can be then replaced with custom sound directly on the wheel)?

Edited by RagingGrandpa
(clarified title)
  • Like 2

My suggestion is a simple one. Allow me to download a version of eucw (cripple it if you have to), so I dont have to be asked to login over and over. AGAIN I went for a ride and as soon as I opened eucw, it shows this stupid login screen:crying:. Remembering passwords is wretched. Trying to type things into a tiny lemfo watch is wretched. Realizing you cant login to the app anyhow, as you arent near wifi... wretched. I REALLY enjoy eucw, tis why this bugs me so much.

Edited by ShanesPlanet

• 2 weeks later...

@Seba Here's some more suggestions
1)Make a public google form or something like that, that shows ppl most ridden distances and on what wheel
For example 
User    | User miles |Wheel| total miles| etc                
----------------------------------------------    <-- this could be a premium feature:lol:
Marky | 500km       |V8     | 10340km  |

1.1) After the form you could use the data to make a website to show real EUC data
EXAMPLE
V8 max speed (on paper) is 30km/h but the data shows 35.6km/h
V8 max distance on 1 charge (on paper) 30km but the data shows 20km

2)Add a on/off button on the watch because it would be a lot easier to disable it
at least I don't like pulling out my phone

3) Just more customization of the layout on phone/watch
like reorder the buttons on top And the info in the front screen

4) you could try to add it to iOS but do it only if you want to

5) premium trial

that's all!:D

@Seba

One thing im still missing on my Veteran Sherman is the possibilty to use internal beeper as horn (from app/smart watch). Im on 2.18.1.

I have this working on my Gotway tesla v1.2, so I am wondering if there's some hardware limitations that prevent this on the Sherman? Or if it's simply forgotten?

I dont like going around with a finger breaker (bell on finger) but use my Samsung tizen smart watch for everything and have set up single tap for horn, but nothing (same thing in app of course, remember requesting this when i got my Sherman some 2 years ago)

Same thing with setting Sherman to "legal" (regulatory setting) via app/smart watch doesn't work and it's just a matter of time before i will need to use that function :)

Thanks again for this awesome app, that will follow me to the day I'm to old to ride, probably one leg in the grave by then LOL so maaaaany years still :-)

Edited by Boogieman

On 6/22/2022 at 12:28 AM, Boogieman said:

One thing im still missing on my Veteran Sherman is the possibilty to use internal beeper as horn (from app/smart watch). Im on 2.18.1.

Unfortunately, it's not supported by the firmware, so there's nothing I can do :( I think it would be great to ask Veteran for adding horn and speed limit support in the firmware, just as these functions work in Begode wheels. I hope that if more users will ask for these features, Veteran firmware engineers will add this so I can add support on the app side.

• Upvote 3

• 5 weeks later...

Would it be possible to get options to change the gauge to show say speed around the outside and PWM or safety margin in the center as a 2 digit number?

I find monitoring the safety margin more valuable than speed, but would like to see both at the same time.  If it could just be an option under the Gauge setting to choose the display data.

• Upvote 1

Good suggestion to display it on the main screen

Would it be possible to have multiple levels of safety margin as for basic alarms (low med high priority) to ride in the red zone knowing our progress if this is possible to do?

On 6/27/2022 at 7:03 PM, Seba said:

Unfortunately, it's not supported by the firmware, so there's nothing I can do :( I think it would be great to ask Veteran for adding horn and speed limit support in the firmware, just as these functions work in Begode wheels. I hope that if more users will ask for these features, Veteran firmware engineers will add this so I can add support on the app side.

Thanks for the reply @Seba

1) If I add a small Bluetooth speaker, would that work to configure as a bell ONLY, even when im conected to phone and phone to watch + i have a pair of bt headphones connected to phone?

Im thinking BT connections will be exhausted (more than 2 at the same time) on my Galaxy s9+ (and if speaker connect to phone it would play same thing as in headphones = euc world + music right?)

2) On the regulatory requirement.

On the Sherman you can set max speed before tiltback in different steps (last one being no tiltback). Is that something that could be used to "get around" the missing FW feature and basically change max speed to the one i select or the one closest to 20km/h (would basically be same thing as changing tiltback speed feom app, but maybe that isn't working either? i don't remember as i set and forget that one on the wheel :-) )

Edited by Boogieman

On 8/1/2022 at 4:30 PM, Boogieman said:

1) If I add a small Bluetooth speaker, would that work to configure as a bell ONLY, even when im conected to phone and phone to watch + i have a pair of bt headphones connected to phone?

No, Android doesn't support routable audio streams. While you can play an audio on several BT audio devices, it will be the same audio stream. I know, it's pity that you can't select audio device for each audio stream.

On 8/1/2022 at 4:30 PM, Boogieman said:

On the Sherman you can set max speed before tiltback in different steps (last one being no tiltback). Is that something that could be used to "get around" the missing FW feature and basically change max speed to the one i select or the one closest to 20km/h (would basically be same thing as changing tiltback speed feom app, but maybe that isn't working either? i don't remember as i set and forget that one on the wheel :-) )

From what I know, Veteran communication protocol doesn't support command allowing to set a tiltback speed. You can only set it directly from the LCD keypad. I will however ask Veteran if they made any changes in recent firmware and suggest adding an option to define tiltback speed from the app.

• Upvote 1

• 4 months later...

One more new feature I'd really appreciate is to update local clock on the wheel, mainly for those with display like V12 or V13, as local clock tends to get fairly inaccurate and will be running slow or fast by many minutes after several days. Currently I need to connect to original Inmotion app once a while to sync the local clock.

Thank you @Seba for continuous development and improvements! 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, HEC said:

One more new feature I'd really appreciate is to update local clock on the wheel, mainly for those with display like V12 or V13, as local clock tends to get fairly inaccurate and will be running slow or fast by many minutes after several days. Currently I need to connect to original Inmotion app once a while to sync the local clock.

Good idea! When I'll get V12 for improving support in EUC World, I'll try to find the way how to synchronize onboard clock with the phone.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Seba said:

Good idea! When I'll get V12 for improving support in EUC World, I'll try to find the way how to synchronize onboard clock with the phone.

Great to hear that! Hopefully you'll be able to implement some other  previously  mentioned V12 improvements as well, like controlling the lift button and LED side lights via Quick actions.

• 7 months later...
  • RagingGrandpa changed the title to EUC World - some suggestions for possible improvements / additional features