Ninebot owner now thinking King song upgrade

Douglas Ingram

Hello you all,. 

Ok im not trying to start a "mines better than yours debate" but just some honest advise from people who have actually used both brands. 

So i use my EUC everyday to walk my dogs, only riding up to 10 miles a day. Always had a Ninebot One E but recently upgraded to the P, which has possibly been discontinued, but that's not confirmed. Although I'm really happy with my Ninebot One P, now due to what I'm reading about it, I'm terrified of having a major issue with it while riding. I've already destroyed one board within a few miles from new.  I'm starting to think maybe i should have bought a KingSong ". 

So the question, " should I sell my P ( which actually might be s collectors item in years to come, as a limited number was realised. ) and invest in a KingSong ". 

Thanks. Doug 

When deciding what was right for me , I read everything I could find and decided that what I wanted was :

1. An 18 inch wheel for smooth travel 

2. As safe as possible with as few failure and faceplant problems as possible .

3. Very good range and reserve power 

4 . Faster than 20 kph

5. RELIABLE 

6. Something with a dealer in my country (very important to me )

.   What best fit the bill for me was the KS 18 . That's what I have and I love it . I think for the above list , Gotway came very close .It was faster but not fitting as well in other areas . There are some great Wheels out there from several companies. It's a hard choice !

Maybe a Ninebot Mini be better for things like dog walking or stroller pushing.   More stable and easier with stop and go.  Then you can keep both the One and Mini depending on mood and use!

In my research, Kingsong is reported to be the safest of all the electric unicycles in that the circuit boards have less percentages of failure than others. Also, the tilt-back is one of the smoothest among many of the others. All in all, I believe SAFETY should be at the top of everyone's priority list when it comes to choosing an euc, but then again, everyone has their own kind of priorities :) 

I don't think the 'P' is ever going to be elevated to the status of a 'collector's item.' So if you're thinking along the lines of keeping it as an investment for a later sale, I wouldn't bother.

This is all still early-adopter technology. A model that has a perceived problem (even if it's exaggerated or even fictitious) is going to be avoided by all except if it can be found at a real bargain price.

@PilotGuy gave a list of 6 points that guided him in deciding what his next model EUC should be.

The funny thing is that i have the exact same (sensible) guidelines, and i probably will go with Gotway. 

My biggest problem here in the Netherlands is that there are no sellers of either Gotway or King Song. 

One funny thing that has occurred to me lately is that while Gotways cannot be said to be safe (due to missing tilt-back and high speeds), their reliability seems to be fairly top-notch. It has been before used as a "gauge" to say that Ninebot is the most common wheel because its sub-forum has most posts, and that exaggerates the number of problems (although of course the firmware-fiascos have played a large role too). But Gotway-forum has about as much posts as King Song -forum, and while it's "only" about a third of the Ninebot-posts, the broken mainboard-reports for Gotways (especially MSuper) seem really low. Actually, the only occurence of a blown Gotway mainboard so far that I remember has been Vee's (EUC Extreme) MSuper board, but when that blew, he was already using the custom 900Wh LiPo-set.

On 19 февраля 2016 г. at 1:15 PM, esaj said:

One funny thing that has occurred to me lately is that while Gotways cannot be said to be safe (due to missing tilt-back and high speeds), their reliability seems to be fairly top-notch. It has been before used as a "gauge" to say that Ninebot is the most common wheel because its sub-forum has most posts, and that exaggerates the number of problems (although of course the firmware-fiascos have played a large role too). But Gotway-forum has about as much posts as King Song -forum, and while it's "only" about a third of the Ninebot-posts, the broken mainboard-reports for Gotways (especially MSuper) seem really low. Actually, the only occurence of a blown Gotway mainboard so far that I remember has been Vee's (EUC Extreme) MSuper board, but when that blew, he was already using the custom 900Wh LiPo-set.

I agree with esaj, and it is my impression also that Gotway is pretty solid in terms of quality and rarely breaks. I myself am trying to decide which way i should go for a 16 and 18" wheels. While i like kingsong and have been with them through thick and thin in the last half year, there are certain points in favor of gotway that i cannot ignore.

Thinking of KingSong 16inch 840wh or bigger when my 16 inch airwheel and ninebot becomes obsolete, that will be a very long time. Not buying another 16 inch euc before the wheel breaks down, can always replace the battery if needed. May buy a 18inch KingSong with 1508wh next summer.

Both airwheel and ninebot gets the job done good. Fortunate to own both of these wheels. Airwheels are overprice lacking features and harder to do tricks compare to ninebot. Doing tricks on euc is stupid, it is easier to injure yourself. However one should learn how to ride backwards in straight line and riding on one foot straight line for control mastery of wheel safety.  Unless one REALLY needs the extra miles, KingSong is not needed.

12 minutes ago, Cloud said:

I am glad youve come to your senses and finally broken the 3 miles an hour speed limit :) 

I got good news. I received a replacement motor for my Ninebot One. Now the only thing missing is a working motherboard. :lol:

1 hour ago, SlowMo said:

I got good news. I received a replacement motor for my Ninebot One. Now the only thing missing is a working motherboard. :lol:

Congrats!! Whats taking them so long with this motherboard? I didnt realize the motor was broken too...

23 minutes ago, Cloud said:

Congrats!! Whats taking them so long with this motherboard? I didnt realize the motor was broken too...

They first sent me a replacement board and battery. I mentioned to them before that the connector of the motor has some burn marks but they sent me a power switch connector instead. So the connectors of the replacement mainboard fried when I reinstalled it with the defective motor. I managed to request for a replacement motor but they would not send me another mainboard. Now I got a brand new motor. Ain't that good enough?

22 minutes ago, SlowMo said:

They first sent me a replacement board and battery. I mentioned to them before that the connector of the motor has some burn marks but they sent me a power switch connector instead. So the connectors of the replacement mainboard fried when I reinstalled it with the defective motor. I managed to request for a replacement motor but they would not send me another mainboard. Now I got a brand new motor. Ain't that good enough?

Sounds like its their fault for not listening. The should have replaced your board again , if you ask me. So what are you going to do? Can you buy yhe ninebot board? I imagine it wouldnt be too hard, even if you have to buy from a dealer, there are so many of them, no?

9 minutes ago, Cloud said:

Sounds like its their fault for not listening. The should have replaced your board again , if you ask me. So what are you going to do? Can you buy yhe ninebot board? I imagine it wouldnt be too hard, even if you have to buy from a dealer, there are so many of them, no?

Yes, a board is on the way now from my dealer. But frankly speaking, I would be very cautious riding this thing even if I manage to make it work. I have never experienced a face plant before and do not wish to have one now. 

Archived