Making Begode wheels safer: PWM tiltback with custom firmware

3 hours ago, UtahRider said:

I had Freestyler flash my EX and RST a few weeks ago and it works great except the EX light doesn’t flash immediately when you hit PWM limit like my RS does. It will flash eventually but not immediately. However, the light feature is only useful when riding at night anyway (insightful huh?). This is such a great feature, with or without the light flashing, I highly recommend it and then use the hell out of it!

OK thx , i have Changed to Blackboard Just Yesterday and After Testing i will flash to this Firmware ...are there different firmwares for the Blackboard Ex Like on the Other wheels? Or is the one the Blackboard comes Stock with the one and only one?

Hi, 

I am intersted in your solution. Great job! My wheel is exn hs , batch 3 with new software with battery range till 72v decrease. I have two battery packs currently. 

• Like 1

On 7/7/2022 at 9:52 AM, Freestyler said:

There is only one published ex firmware. That's before the newly released ones that let you discharge cells lower.

OK, is it possible to modify this fw to lets say let discharge to 72V too? 

19 hours ago, pn1 said:

Hi, 

I am intersted in your solution. Great job! My wheel is exn hs , batch 3 with new software with battery range till 72v decrease. I have two battery packs currently. 

PMed

16 hours ago, onkeldanuel said:

OK, is it possible to modify this fw to lets say let discharge to 72V too? 

I can certainly try :P

I just got the most recent RS 19 HS with the P42a Molicel packs a few days ago.

It is very noisy rising around where I live and nearly missed my beeps before cutoff.  It scared the crap out of me. Having the tiltback set to a PWM % will ease my mind as well as my wife's who thinks I'm going to die on it.  So this would be a huge help.

So, this FW will work even with the latest release of the RS C30?

Thanks!

• Like 1

I would like to continue using EUC World with my RS C30.

If one flashes their wheel with the Dynamic Tilt-back FW, can you still use an app like Darkness Bot, EUC World, or the Begode app without affecting the dynamic tilt-back settings? 

Is there anything special that must be done or changed in the app settings as not to mess with the dynamic tilt-back setting?

Thanks!

TLDR:  You can enable dynamic tiltback only through euc dash, but you can disable it from any app, so be careful to not override it.

Longer explanation:

Apps support 3 states when adjusting the speed alerts:

1. speed alert 1 & 2 enabled

2. speed alert 2 enabled

3. speed alert 1 & 2 disabled

Speed alerts 1 & 2 are non configurable alarms at predefined speeds that do not take into account battery state or any other factors.

Therefore are useless and most people immediately turn them off.

Alert 3 as some people call it. is a dynamic alarm based on PWM and cannot be turned off.

It will always beep at maximum volume and at around 80% (varies slightly by wheel).

We developers, have done an excellent job at confusing end users by structuring speed alerts differently. :whistling:

Begode app:

1316776222_photo1657552811(5).thumb.jpeg.a0a0075d863c70eda0840e215526888a.jpeg

Euc world:

euc world

Wheellog:

1092004554_photo1657552811(3).thumb.jpeg.63b097453d46e60f6e317bcf655a12fc.jpeg

Euc dash:

image.png.401f22638ec4dd9319b630f66b00512a.png

Darknessbot:

photo1657552811.thumb.jpeg.9e3913ff1be7ef2a243eaeb09f5ee28a.jpeg

Euc watch:

1523167673_photo1657552811(1).thumb.jpeg.91cb69179f9aa631b20bea9e487f87a7.jpeg

Wheels also support a 4th state which behaves like state 3 and is currently unused.

I capitalized on that and added tiltback on this 4th state, but apps don't support it because there was no reason to.

That's why you need to set it through euc dash once by selecting "tiltback" in the speed alert mode settings.

As long as you don't change this setting from any other app, you don't have to open euc dash ever again after the initial set.

When you select "tiltback" in speed alerts, the tiltback speed is "disabled".

The dynamic tiltback feature takes over and you can't / don't need to set a custom tiltback speed yourself (if you try, it will ignore it and go to "disabled" by itself)

The PWM drops to 75% from the stock 80% and the lights will also strobe if you exceed the PWM and the lights were already on.

If you set speed alerts to "off" then none of the above applies and it's like having a stock firmware. 

So it's a completely optional feature. You don't have to flash the stock firmware if / when you don't want the tiltback. 

photo1657552811 (2).jpeg

Edited by Freestyler
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, alcatraz said:

I can't ask the sellers to open their wheels and check the color of their boards. :(

Maybe you could ask them to connect to EUC Dash and check if the model code field has anything in it?

On 5/16/2022 at 10:51 AM, Freestyler said:

In order to flash the firmware you need to have a black controller that can be updated wirelessly.

If model code field is populated in euc dash, then you can flash a firmware with 99% certainty.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, dr.tiuhtin said:

hello everyone, my eac broke down, during the firmware update everything hung by 3%, and now the wheel flashes with the rear three diodes 9 times and the Gotway RS C38 116v does not turn off please help me

Use this method to recover your wheel:

I have flashed some bad firmwares myself. You can't really perma-brick the wheel.

Edited by Freestyler

• Freestyler changed the title to Making Begode wheels safer: PWM tiltback with custom firmware