Riding modes IPS191 lhotz

Jaumebyn

I recently adquired a unit of IPS191 and I can't found the option to change the riding modes to comfort.. I tried the Xima app and Xima lhotz and nothing.. I cannot connect it to IamIPS app  this say me try again all the time

I don't know what to do

2 hours ago, Jaumebyn said:

I recently adquired a unit of IPS191 and I can't found the option to change the riding modes to comfort.. I tried the Xima app and Xima lhotz and nothing.. I cannot connect it to IamIPS app  this say me try again all the time

I don't know what to do

@Paddylaz has the most recent version of the Lhotz, ask him if he can connect it with the IamIPS app.

Also you could try the unlocked android version of the app that I've uploaded here.

ips_1109_unlocked.apk

After finding out those modes are available for the same hardware, I tried everything I found - Only Xima apps connect with the firmware 4.3 Lhotz. No modes available. Don't have iOS 8 or higher iPhone so I can't try that 1.1.4 IamIPS. I really hope to find a way to get stiffer mode to my Lhotz, that would solve the only feature that separates Lhotz from perfection!

@Jaumebyn @THA @Jurgen

Hey guys. Well, I have a Lhotz that I purchased from runrui in October (delivered in December). Runrui mentioned to me after my Lhotz had shipped that she wasn't sure which of the bluetooth modules was in mine (I got the impression that means there are at least two types), so she told me to try both the iamips app and the older 'Xima' one.

My wheel doesn't connect to the iamips one, so my choices are the older 'Xima' app, or Kevin's custom one that gives you the early unlock. I use Kevin's as it's far superior. In terms of riding modes, I was of the impression that there are none. I've never heard of a choice being available for the Lhotz.

My wheel is naturally very 'hard' (would probably be a '-1' if it were a ninebot mode), which is how I like it.

28 minutes ago, Paddylaz said:

@Jaumebyn @THA @Jurgen

Hey guys. Well, I have a Lhotz that I purchased from runrui in October (delivered in December). Runrui mentioned to me after my Lhotz had shipped that she wasn't sure which of the bluetooth modules was in mine (I got the impression that means there are at least two types), so she told me to try both the iamips app and the older 'Xima' one.

My wheel doesn't connect to the iamips one, so my choices are the older 'Xima' app, or Kevin's custom one that gives you the early unlock. I use Kevin's as it's far superior. In terms of riding modes, I was of the impression that there are none. I've never heard of a choice being available for the Lhotz.

My wheel is naturally very 'hard' (would probably be a '-1' if it were a ninebot mode), which is how I like it.

Thanks for the reply

My wheel is very flexible (like 6-7 in ninebot mode) I hate it, if you try to brake or accelerate fast you will fall down...

If it cannot be changed I'm going to sell it I think

Could Kevin include this option on his app? Or this model can't change the riding modes?

18 hours ago, Jaumebyn said:

Thanks for the reply

My wheel is very flexible (like 6-7 in ninebot mode) I hate it, if you try to brake or accelerate fast you will fall down...

If it cannot be changed I'm going to sell it I think

Could Kevin include this option on his app? Or this model can't change the riding modes?

have you tried putting your tire pressure at 50-60PSI (3,5-4,0 bar)?

I feel there's some flex in the pedals

I dont think the pedals flex, my 110kg friend stepped on the wheel and jumped a little, the only thing flexing was the thick tire. @Jaumebyn, there must be something wrong with Your wheel if You can drop of on acc. or braking - it's just not possible, forces are so well balanced. Even covered in snow (pedals very slippery) that didn't happen (Your legs just drops of sideways).

So if 350+ has two modes and same hardware, Zero has modes but different bluetooth module, what needs to be done to get harder mode for Lhotz? Who did You talk with @Paddylaz?

41 minutes ago, THA said:

I dont think the pedals flex, my 110kg friend stepped on the wheel and jumped a little, the only thing flexing was the thick tire. @Jaumebyn, there must be something wrong with Your wheel if You can drop of on acc. or braking - it's just not possible, forces are so well balanced. Even covered in snow (pedals very slippery) that didn't happen (Your legs just drops of sideways).

So if 350+ has two modes and same hardware, Zero has modes but different bluetooth module, what needs to be done to get harder mode for Lhotz? Who did You talk with @Paddylaz?

Runrui was my contact when I bought it. 

I agree there might well be something wrong with @jaumebyn's wheel if he's genuinely over-working the wheel with hard accelerations/breaks. How heavy are you @Jaumebyn? (Pardon the sensitivity of the question). My lhotz is significantly easier to ride than a 'bot and at least twice as stable. And although i only weigh 73kg I push it very, very hard. Even at low battery.

My weight is 82kg but the problem is when I try to brake fast or hard, the wheel not respond as I thought (like ninebot in mode 2 or 3) Is flexible and this causes you to fall down. The same when accelerate. I received an email from the ebay seller and he say this "driving softness doesn't variate with the Xima. There is only the hard mode"... WHY?  It's true?

6 hours ago, Jurgen said:

have you tried putting your tire pressure at 50-60PSI (3,5-4,0 bar)?

I feel there's some flex in the pedals

I put it in 2 bar only..

It's better with 3 or 4?

7 hours ago, Jaumebyn said:

My weight is 82kg but the problem is when I try to brake fast or hard, the wheel not respond as I thought (like ninebot in mode 2 or 3) Is flexible and this causes you to fall down. The same when accelerate. I received an email from the ebay seller and he say this "driving softness doesn't variate with the Xima. There is only the hard mode"... WHY?  It's true?

I put it in 2 bar only..

It's better with 3 or 4?

IPS sends the units out with 2 bar, that's way too low. If you are a newbie start with 3, and once you feel you are in control raise it to 3,5,

If you're close to 100kg (or more, incl clothes and luggage) raise it to 4. The wheel will have more grip and faster reaction times.

Be aware that with high tire pressure, you'll have less grip on loose underground like gravel.

11 hours ago, THA said:

I recently bought an IPS T680 and the pedals feel like there's  less 'flex', compared to the Lhotz. It's not clear to me wether is the pedal itself, the hinges, or the attachment of the hinges to the wheel's structure. The T680+'s pedal feel more 'solid'.

@Jurgen would be great to see video of both - I've ended up to a conclusion that wide air space tire plays the main role in vertical flex since only thing I was able to see flex under 110kg friend was the tire. But pedals softnes is disturbing.

It’s indeed the height that make the difference: the lower the side walls the stiffer they have to be and/or the higher pressure you have to put in it (or both) to get the same resistance to compression.

IPS positions the Lhotz as the off-road model, so a wider, higher, more flexible tire (with different threading) does make sense.

The larger tire of the Lhotz actually makes the wheel diameter >1inch bigger than the IPS T680+.

The T680+ has however other limitations, see: http://forum.electricunicycle.org/topic/2678-ips-680-vs-ips-lhotz-340-review.

Did you already try it with 4bar in it? I never tried more than 4,2, then it becomes pretty hard but I guess it depends on what you are used to :D

• 2 weeks later...

I have a lhotz purchased in december 2015.  My unit only connects to the IamIPS app and does have riding modes.  I am extremely happy with my unit and ride it as often as I can. I believe someone had mentioned in another thread that when IPS released the zero they also used some of the newer electronics for the newly manufactured lhotz which is why my unit connects to the app that came out with the zero while older lhotz units use the older app.

I love the tire.  Tire pressure makes a huge difference in the ride and behavior at different speeds and different surfaces.  I bought a digital tire pressure gauge and have played with riding at a few different levels.

• 1 month later...
On Sunday, May 01, 2016 at 1:01 PM, Jaumebyn said:

WOW so lucky man.. I only can connect it through the XIMA's app or Xima lhotz created by user.. But without riding modes

The wheel is great as it is, I've never tried 'comfort' on my T680+ by the way, just try playing with tire pressure, 4 bar instead of 3 makes a huge difference for the Lhotz.

52 minutes ago, Jurgen said:

The wheel is great as it is, I've never tried 'comfort' on my T680+ by the way, just try playing with tire pressure, 4 bar instead of 3 makes a huge difference for the Lhotz.

you take it up to 60psi? (4 bar)? How does it feel? Ive never tried higher than 50/52 as I'm a bit hesitant about going that far above the tire recommendations

Just a bit over inflating makes it so hard and difficult to ride for the first few minutes. I did it to my Ninebot at 50 psi and man I had hard time to just ride few feet without struggling. I immediately deflated back to normal. Unbelievable how simple tire pressure tactic changes ride quality. 

@Paddylaz

Under high load (speed, weight, fast manoeuvering) a tire needs a higher resistance to compression = stiffer side walls and/or higher pressure.

Higher tire pressures also boost the range and will make the wheel more reactive (less friction) and improves control (less flex).

The lower the side walls of a tire is, the stiffer it has to be and/or the higher pressure you have to put in it (or both) to get the same resistance to compression. This reduces the impact absorption and as such making them less comfortable to drive (same with bike or car tires).

IPS positions the Lhotz as the off-road model, so a wider, higher, more flexible tire (together with the different threading) does make sense. This way it has more grip (friction) for off-road use but less control (more flex) on a hard flat surface.The larger tire of the Lhotz actually makes the wheel diameter about 1inch bigger than my IPS T680+.

I’m a big guy (100kg), and I tend to push it to the limit, so I run my T680+ with 4bar, and the Lhotz with 4,2bar. I don’t worry about that, tires dont burst just like that. At 4bar (60psi), the T680+ with it’s smaller tire is rock hard, at 4,2 the Lhotz still has some flex (although, subjectively, some seems to come from the pedals).

You have to realise, that if the tire doesn’t take the beating (flexes), it’s all the rest that will:  the pedals,bearing, your joint cartilage (especially the knees) will wear out quicker. Therefor, if you do a lot of (high) jumps with your wheel these higher pressure  are probably to be applied with caution.

A girl of 55kg mainly doing acrobatics is something different that a big guy > 100kg going at 30KmH of a flat surface.

I believe it’s best to adapt pressure to your weight and riding style, not just copy pressure tire numbers from other people.

• 1 month later...
On ‎2‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 5:19 PM, Paddylaz said:

In terms of riding modes, I was of the impression that there are none. I've never heard of a choice being available for the Lhotz.

Lhotz has choice of "sport" (hard) or "comfort" (soft) riding mode in the app. Default is "sport."

Archived