I had Enough of China

After my purchase of the s20, that will be my last purchase of China made products!!! China has increasingly more hostile towards foreigners and countries, I can not stand by and continue to watch this madness...SORRY, euc community, you will suffer if all wheels are made only in China...

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 2

Unfortunately, the yuan will become the world’s reserve currency after USA prints the US dollar into oblivion. China-made products here to stay because Americans love their cheap priced goods.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

6 hours ago, MetricUSA said:

that will be my last purchase of China made products

Yeah, thats not really possible. No tooth brushes, toothfloss, tires, cars, toasters, chewing gum, potato chips, computers, etc. Even when you go buy something that is American made it is probably assembled from Chinese components and materials and packaged in Chinese plastic bags.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, goatman said:

EVERYTHING is made in China, 

you will own nothing

you will not be happy:P

You forgot you will eat the bugs.

Seriously though food shortages are looking likely and China has been buying and investing heavily in food production abroad including in the US. 

1 hour ago, Jswizzy84 said:

You forgot you will eat the bugs.

Seriously though food shortages are looking likely and China has been buying and investing heavily in food production abroad including in the US. 

no i will not eat bugs:D

i was going to buy some silver a couple years ago but you cant eat silver

i bought a boat so i could  eat fish and escape from the zombies, then made it electric so i didnt have to pay $10/gallon trying to catch that fish

( gas just hit $2.16 liter)

then i stocked up on tires and batteries for the ebikes

im not your typical prepper that buys prepper food

its like that saying

give a man a fish and feed him for a day

teach a man to fish and feed him for life

old Klausy says 

you will own nothing and be happy

i beg to differ, i dont care where my stuff is made

its all mine,mine,mine and im happy:clap3:

• Like 2

There is hope though. Sherman set a new high bar. Hero was surprisingly good. Master (thus far, it's still in the honeymoon phase) improved on Hero. S20 had a fatal software problem but did really well on nearly all of their design decisions. I think the designers and manufacturers of our toys are capable of upping their game, and actually, I think they are doing it right now. With this year's offerings.

Of course, you can't get a flashy 2022 model for under 2000USD anymore so there is that, but if you could get such a beast we'd surely bash it for being cheaply built, woefully underperforming, dangerous, and totally unworthy in all respects. That's kind of the flip side of insisting that we get 'safe vehicles', instead of 'amusing toys'.

And before we get too fixated that our wheel's design/manufacturing issues are due to their country of origin, and think a domestic manufacturer will do better just because they're domestic, check out Tesla's 2020 initial quality ranking.

https://www.theverge.com/2020/6/25/21302804/tesla-ranks-last-on-influential-jd-power-quality-survey

Edited by Tawpie
  • Like 3

Separating us by country is another division tactic, the core of the issue we are are all facing today is that that they covered up true history of zero point energy and sustainable technology so we would be dependant on the system to buy water, food, power etc...

Edited by ElectronxCycles

7 hours ago, goatman said:

EVERYTHING is made in China, 

you will own nothing

you will not be happy:P

Not EVERYTHING, but almost. I still try hard to find products made in USA by smaller companies stationed in USA. It's pretty slim pickins and mostly simpler tooling and tools. Still, if you look hard enough and are willing to dig deeper into your wallet, you can find a few things. I go out of my way to patron 'expensive' local stores/products. Its the least I can do and I hope it becomes a trend. If NOONE ponies up to pay more when they can, there won't be any choices. It may be a world market, but surely a few people place value in HOW a product is made, and are willing to put their money where their mouth is. Sadly, EUC manufacturing is monopolized atm for the most part. EIther we buy what there is, or there may be NOTHING to choose from.

Spending so much money on 'vehicles' made in China, makes my head hurt, but theres simply no choices. IF euc riding wasnt so damn awesome, I would have refused to spend another dime on them myself. At least I'm rocking some 'older' wheels that were part of the trend when they were being made as improvements on known tech. Given the choice of last year's proven wheel that does what a person needs, vs a wheel that is mere rumors... Most people want the 'new' one. Doesnt matter how many times its proven a folly to do so, people still do. If you make it more expensive, people want THAT one, cuz it MUST be better. I am not exempt from this method of purchasing either.

Fwiw, I'm not impressed by FutureMotion's bizz strategy either. JUST being made in USA isnt enough. Obviously shit products or evil policies are a global possibility.

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

@Paul A and I agree. :cheers: “China may not remain the worlds factory indefinitely”

The world is changing. It will never be the same as 2019 again. China lacks resources ( energy and materials) and they will not likely get the resources from the places that they have been. China has invested heavily in Africa. This may or may not pay off. Their population is aging and not being replaced. If China succeeds their products will likely be more expensive. If they fail…. No products. 

People are not as well informed as they think. We have been told all our life the population will double every 40 years. When a local person called a radio station and mentioned the future population decline he was laughed off the radio. Few people realize that our population is going to start dropping drastically in 20 years. The numbers are easy to find. In a first world country every woman would have to have 2.1 children to keep a constant population. We are below 1.7. In more hostile first world countries the number would have to be closer to 2.4. ( You have to live long enough to reproduce) My grandparents had 5 and that was fairly normal at the time. My parents had 2. I had two and fostered/adopted one. My sibling had none. Now this is normal. China’ one child policy although reversed is social still effective. 

Edited by RockyTop
  • Like 3

@RockyTop :cheers: yes, the US birth rate has been declining, and a mystery as to why.

https://econofact.org/the-mystery-of-the-declining-u-s-birth-rate

February 15, 2022

The Mystery of the Declining U.S. Birth Rate

The U.S. birth rate has fallen by 20% since 2007. This decline cannot be explained by demographic, economic, or policy changes.

image.png.446b41873e7833db9026abbb07b5a092.png

15 hours ago, Paul A said:

Chinese manufacturers are sub contracting production to, setting up/building factories in, hiring African workers, etc.

Bingo. That's their plan. Move manufacturing to Africa.

Made in China products will eventually be of high or higher quality than many other countries, but also more expensive. The affordable stuff will come out of Africa.

• Like 1

The argument "chinese crap" is going to lose its meaning with time.

I'm a bit concerned because I live in China and I like the availability of all this domesitically produced stuff. If everything affordable needs to be imported from Africa with expensive tariffs, it will turn China into my home country where everything is expensive as hell and difficult to source.

Time to move to Africa? :D

Edited by alcatraz
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, RockyTop said:

The numbers are easy to find. In a first world country every woman would have to have 2.1 children to keep a constant population. We are below 1.7. In more hostile first world countries the number would have to be closer to 2.4. ( You have to live long enough to reproduce) My grandparents had 5 and that was fairly normal at the time. My parents had 2. I had two and fostered/adopted one. My sibling had none. Now this is normal. China’ one child policy although reversed is social still effective. 

A good visual on population trends - https://www.visualcapitalist.com/aging-global-population-problem/

DEMOGRAPHICS

The Implications of an Aging Population

The world is experiencing a seismic demographic shift—and no country is immune to the consequences.

While increasing life expectancy and declining birth rates are considered major achievements in modern science and healthcare, they will have a significant impact on future generations.

Today’s graphic relies on OECD data to demonstrate how the old-age to working-age ratio will change by 2060, highlighting some of the world’s fastest aging countries.

The Demographic Debacle

By 2050, there will be 10 billion people on earth, compared to 7.7 billion today—and many of them will be living longer. As a result, the number of elderly people per 100 working-age people will nearly triple—from 20 in 1980, to 58 in 2060.

Populations are getting older in all OECD countries, yet there are clear differences in the pace of aging. For instance, Japan holds the title for having the oldest population, with ⅓ of its citizens already over the age of 65. By 2030, the country’s workforce is expected to fall by 8 million—leading to a major potential labor shortage.

In another example, while South Korea currently boasts a younger than average population, it will age rapidly and end up with the highest old-to-young ratio among developed countries.

A Declining Workforce

Globally, the working-age population will see a 10% decrease by 2060. It will fall the most drastically by 35% or more in Greece, Japan, Korea, Latvia, Lithuania, and Poland. On the other end of the scale, it will increase by more than 20% in Australia, Mexico, and Israel.

aging population chart

• Like 1

On 5/6/2022 at 9:10 PM, litewave said:

In the US during the 60's and 70's, the slur was "Japanese crap", which was gradually replaced by "Chinese crap" in the late 80s. Since the mid 2010s, I'd say that "Chinese Crap" has become pretty damn good. China now leads the world in manufacturing and arguably innovation in many industries, and has become the source for all our electric unicycles. I'd say give them the credit they are due, and thank them for continuing to innovate and keep us well-supplied. As for everyone else, stop crying, put on your big girl pants and start your own EUC company. :crying:

yep, sinophobia is the new japanophobia

62F74E7A-A8EF-4F98-9EA0-00CF0A59EEFA.jpeg

• Like 2

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-britain-china-rights-idUSKCN1TI236

June 18, 2019

China is harvesting organs from Falun Gong members, finds expert panel

LONDON (Thomson Reuters Foundation) - China is murdering members of the Falun Gong spiritual group and harvesting their organs for transplant, a panel of lawyers and experts said on Monday as they invited further investigations into a potential genocide.

Members said they had heard clear evidence forced organ harvesting had taken place over at least 20 years in a final judgement from the China Tribunal, an independent panel set up by a campaign group to examine the issue.

“The conclusion shows that very many people have died indescribably hideous deaths for no reason,” said the tribunal chairman Sir Geoffrey Nice in the judgement.

The China Tribunal was set up by the International Coalition to End Transplant Abuse in China, a campaign group, charged with examining whether crimes had been committed as a result of China’s transplant practices.

The seven-member panel found it was “beyond doubt” that forced organ harvesting from prisoners has taken place “on a substantial scale by state-supported or approved organizations and individuals” in an interim judgement released in December.

Yep @Paul A that’s exactly the type of sinophobia I’m talking about. It’s really no different from the blood libel antisemites use against Jews, saying that they use the blood of babies or whatever.

When you see nonsense printed like that in the media, you need to have more of a skeptical eye, and look at who’s saying these things and what their agenda actually is. In this case, anti CCP Falun Gong cultists from the far right.

Edited by shellac
  • Like 1

The source is Reuters.

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/reuters/

• Overall, we rate Reuters Least Biased based on objective reporting and Very High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing of information with minimal bias and a clean fact check record.

Detailed Report

Bias Rating: LEAST BIASED
Factual Reporting: VERY HIGH
Press Freedom Rank: MOSTLY FREE
Media Type: News Agency
Traffic/Popularity: High Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: HIGH CREDIBILITY

• Like 1

Reuters
News agency company

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQdAG-Zzdpoe4K-TUv0dcR

Main results

Description

Reuters is an international news agency owned by Thomson Reuters. It employs around 2,500 journalists and 600 photojournalists in about 200 locations worldwide. Reuters is one of the largest news agencies in the world. The agency was established in London in 1851 by the German-born Paul Reuter. Wikipedia
Founder: Paul Reuter
Founded: October 1851
President: Stephen J. Adler
  • Like 1