Any Classes in Bay Area (California)

Zet

Hi Folks,

I have been looking at EUC for awhile but been kind of intimidated by them. I never tried riding one but wanted to give it a go. Since it would be very silly to buy a machine just to try it out and to see if I like it, I was wondering if anyone know of a class around San Francisco - San Jose area that they could recommend to try learning how to ride one. This way I have someone who I can lean on when trying it for the first time and dont have to buy my own just to try the sport.

Thanks.

• Like 2

@Tawpie Thank you very much for the response i will give the guys at AlienRiders a call. This is defiantly something that looks cool to me I just want to at least give it a try to see if I capable of doing it as I have a sitting live style from working in IT and not in the best shape (where as this seems like you need to have balance and core strength although I read some threads on here that said otherwise). In terms of gear I used to ride sport bikes till my rent went up and I had to downsize to smaller apartment with no garage at which point I sold my bike (well after people tried to steal it twice and broke my ignition). So I do have some gear. I assume I probably need to get a different helmet to not get cooked as well as wrist guards? I saw few people recommending these https://demon-united.com/products/flexmeter-wrist-guard-double-sided-d3o?variant=34979476701351 but I cant say I understand why they are better then any others and if they go over the gloves or instead.

• Like 1

I have a set of flexmeters, and you know what I use? The free ones that came with my wheel from eWheels. They have huge palm sliders (that I've had the opportunity to test, and can attest to their effectiveness). I ended up wearing out the velcro on the eWheels ones so asked Santa for a similar $12 set from Amazon. Flexmeters sit in the gear bag, quite lonely. I should sell them.

https://www.amazon.com/Demon-Snow-Wrist-Guard-Black/dp/B002NI4R7O/ref=mp_s_a_1_6?crid=U51LCMCPVBI7&keywords=demon+wrist+guards&qid=1651384433&sprefix=demon+wrist+%2Caps%2C375&sr=8-6

$28.15 - $32.40

Description

Keep your gestures flexible with the Demon Snow Wrist Guards. A neoprene cuff with a securely-sewn rigid plastic strip at the palm and fastened with a burly hook-and-loop strap, these wristguards are still slim enough to slip easily under gloves. In a range of sizes, they're heavily reinforced with supportive stitching, particularly around the thumbhole, and are rugged enough to absorb a multitude of impacts but comfortable enough to wear all day.

image.png.ba0e00c71d9caea54538ca71daa7c774.png

:clap3::thumbup::efefae4566:                       @Tawpie                         :efefae4566::thumbup::clap3:

The Unofficial Miniature Nobel Team has taken note of a post that deserves honorable mention.

> Honorable Mention Post here <

Unfortunately it does not seem to be as as uplifting, mesmerizing, or awe-inspiring as we have seen in Miniature Nobel worthy posts.

Therefore, the Unofficial Miniature Nobel Team has seen fit and necessary to create a lesser award for posts that still require acknowledgement of quality found to be much above average.

Hence, the creation of this Two Cents Worth award is found to be appropriate and correct for Forum Members that have capably and eloquently expressed their two cents worth.

Two Cents Worth Award

973208295_2centaward2.thumb.jpg.65aaffe9a16543945e2e35f38e3d0422.jpg
presented for expressing your
two cents worth in fine style.

your opinion about something.

The British expression is your two penn'orth.

Edited by Scottie
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

@Zet I just picked one up and I'm right there with you, falling all over the place. Hope you're making good progress now. 

If you need a buddy to ride with for moral support, I can't teach much but I'd be down to ride in the SF Peninsula and I'll probably look clumsier than you for a diversion. 

• Like 2