Vaxxes are no EUCs!

Paul A

13 hours ago, goatman said:

might explain the "mysterious liver disease in children"

https://boston.cbslocal.com/2022/04/22/liver-disease-children-acute-hepatitis-cdc/

None of these children were vaccinated with Covid-19 vaccinations nor did any of them test positive for past or present Covid-19 infections.

Vaccines for Hepatitis A and B were developed/approved/introduced in 1995 and 1981 respectively.

Doesn't seem to be much fear about them.

Perhaps internet usage was not widespread, and thus misinformation was not widespread?

… and for those who imagine we can ‘vaccinate’ away the pandemic, or somehow ‘vaccinate’ our way through or out the other side of it:

I’d strongly recommend those interested to read his (in the description) linked paper, setting out both where we are currently and the reasoning behind and as to his position, and also the Economist data concerning rates of infection among highly ‘vaccinated’ populations, also linked in the description.  I’ll be sticking to my ivermectin, but those with faith in the ‘vaccines’ - please feel free to have any reserved for me, as I won’t be using them. 

• Like 1

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/05/05/fda-limits-use-of-jjs-covid-19-vaccine-for-adults.html

• FDA said on Thursday it was limiting the use of Johnson & Johnson’s Covid-19 vaccine for adults.
  • The agency said it limited the use of the Covid-19 vaccine to individuals 18 years of age and older for whom other authorized or approved Covid-19 vaccines are not accessible or clinically appropriate.
  • Like 1

On the ‘news’ this morning in the U.K. is how we are ‘sleepwalking’ into another variant of Covid 19, placing the blame for this on the ‘third world countries with low vaccination rates’ - this however does not stand up to either critical thinking, statistical observation or real life scrutiny; Dr Vanden Bossche’s hypothesis of a so called ‘vaccine’ escaping, pressure-driven variant would seem to be a rather more logical assessment of the likely emergent’s origin, which, if it comes to be, will test both the  ‘efficacy’ of aforementioned (and now largely worse than useless) ‘vaccines’, their propensity to increase likelihood of T-cell exhaustion among their adherents and the grievous error in attempting to outpace or extinguish an ever-evolving virus by means of non-sterilising, innate immunity-suppressing inoculations; time will surely tell which is the better strategy, but it may be observed that, until now, jabbing our way out of the pandemic has only served to further its ability to escape said jabs, judging by the results thus far. One thing is clear, both camps seem to now agree that we shouldn’t have too long to wait to find out:

Edited by Freeforester
  • Like 1

I caught Covid-19 last week on Wednesday, and it was grim, possibly the sickest I've been in my life...and I'm vaccinated and boosted. Of particular concern was how very difficult it was to do even the simplest things at the height of my illness. I was trying to get back into my house and have great difficulty trying to figure out which key to put into my house lock. And of course I had just drove...go figure. Now this brain fog only lasted about a day.

Anti-vaxers (or, more accurately, vectors of disease) are trying to beat this without modern medication and that seems most unwise to me. The death rate between a vaxed versus and unvaxed person is about 61:1. Smokers and anti-vaxers pair up well with each other; they're more likely to be poor and uneducated. Don't be that person.

• Like 2

I got my second booster earlier this week. As the nurse was applying the band-aid, she grabbed my attention, looked me directly in the eye and said: "You know this won't keep you from getting Covid, you still have to be very careful". I'm sure it was confirmation bias on my part, but I was quite astounded and pleased that I was given this frank, in-my-face advice from a medical professional who by all appearances actually cared about what was going on. I'm pretty sure it's not (yet) the party line.

Of course, like the previous jabs, I got sick and was out of service for 36 hours. And like the previous jabs, I'm hoping that it remains an effective pre-treatment. Because I have no doubt that Covid will come my way some day, in spite of the efforts of myself and those around me.

(the way the delivery of my S22 is going, I'll have Covid when it arrives and I won't be able to sign for it and it'll disappear into the bowels of FedEx)

Edited by Tawpie
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, LanghamP said:

The death rate between a vaxed versus and unvaxed person is about 61:1. Smokers and anti-vaxers pair up well with each other; they're more likely to be poor and uneducated. Don't be that person.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/americas-new-tobacco-crisis-the-rich-stopped-smoking-the-poor-didnt/2017/06/13/a63b42ba-4c8c-11e7-9669-250d0b15f83b_story.html

June 13, 2017

America’s new tobacco crisis: The rich stopped smoking, the poor didn’t

MARTINSVILLE, VA. — After decades of lawsuits, public campaigns and painful struggles, Americans have finally done what once seemed impossible: Most of the country has quit smoking, saving millions of lives and leading to massive reductions in cancer.

That is, unless those Americans are poor, uneducated or live in a rural area.

Hidden among the steady declines in recent years is the stark reality that cigarettes are becoming a habit of the poor.

The national smoking rate has fallen to historic lows, with just 15 percent of adults still smoking. But the socioeconomic gap has never been bigger.

Among the nation’s less-educated people — those with a high-school-equivalency diploma — the smoking rate remains more than 40 percent, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

Today, rural residents are diagnosed with lung cancer at rates 18 to 20 percent above those of city dwellers.

By nearly every statistical measure, researchers say, America’s lower class now smokes more and dies more from cigarettes than other Americans.

https://news.usc.edu/182848/education-covid-19-vaccine-safety-risks-usc-study/

February 25, 2021

image.thumb.png.7545ce18b7243127edd73222d5abef3b.png

Education is a bigger factor than race in desire for COVID-19 vaccine

Results from a new USC Dornsife study show that U.S. adults with higher education are significantly more likely to get a COVID-19 vaccination and to believe in the vaccine’s safety and effectiveness.

Researchers with the Center for Economic and Social Research (CESR) at the USC Dornsife College of Letters, Arts and Sciences found that more than 3 out of 4 (76%) U.S. adults with at least a bachelor’s degree have already been vaccinated or plan to be, compared to just over half (53%) of those without a college degree.

Education level plays a role in underestimating effectiveness, overestimating risks of COVID-19 vaccine

U.S. adults with at least a bachelor’s degree view the vaccine as much safer and more effective than those with less education.

People with a college degree believe there is a 23% chance that a vaccinated person will still get COVID-19, while those with less education believe there is a 34% chance.

Similarly, people with a college degree believe there is about a 15% chance for a serious side effect from the vaccine, while those with less education estimate the risk to be twice as high, at 31%.

So I'm a professional statistician with a big interest in public policy, and I occasionally crunch numbers related to current events in my spare time. Naturally I've spent time working with COVID data over the last few years. I hope that gives me some authority on this issue. Here's the conclusion of my research:

Take the vaccine.

Compared to the risks of getting COVID-19, the risks of being vaccinated are minuscule. A lot of numbers about vaccine-related illness found on social media are either completely bogus or badly misinterpreted. There are also a bunch of numbers going around about how rare it is to die from COVID-19, and a lot of those are totally bogus too.

Do you have the expertise needed to read research papers and understand the methods and analyses in them? If not please don't kid yourself that you're "doing your own research". Your best course of action is to take advice from the experts. That would include groups like the CDC, the WHO, and officials like Dr. Fauci. They aren't perfect but they're lightyears better than what you'll get from memes and political blowhards.

The vast, overwhelming majority of public health experts, epidemiologists, and other people who look at the data say you should get vaccinated. Sure, you can find a few contrarians who might say otherwise. But no rational person will make important health decisions based on contrarians when the consensus among experts is so strong and overwhelming.

I'm not going to go through and debunk every wrong claim, because, for one, I don't have time for the neverending game of whack-a-mole that will result, and for two, laymen shouldn't be making decisions that way in the first place. I'm just giving you my expert opinion as a professional statistician who has read a bunch of research papers and looked through some of the related datasets. You should give my opinion some weight-- not as much weight as Dr. Fauci, but a lot more weight than some graph that came from who-knows-where via social media.

2 hours ago, Paul A said:

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

USA currently has the highest number of Covid deaths in the world.

image.thumb.png.1414bb850dcc10b9813a85d02c06dd29.png

China has the lowest rate at under 6000 confirmed deaths. Isn't that amazing? Maybe there's something in this Mao-style authoritarian government's playbook that we should take lessons from.