Ninebot related queries/ideas/replies

Hi!

I updated my ninebot's firmware and have the latest app too, but it doesn't want to connect, keep asking for Bluetooth pairing code, and doesn't want to accept the digit one I set up. Any ideas what could have went wrong? What to do now?  :/

Thanks

****************************************************************************************************

THIS ISSUE IS SOLVED. PLEASE DON'T SEND ANY MORE SOLUTIONS OR ANY FIXING POSSIBILITIES.

TOPIC WILL STAY ON TO HELP PEEPS WITH SIMILAR ISSUES.

THANKS

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would try un-installing the software first then get the phone to forget the original blue tooth connection and then do a fresh install.

It may work but I don't have a Ninebot so I don't really know.

I've tried that, several times already, but nothing changed. When the phone connected that doesn't show on the bluetooth connection list neither. I don't know if that is the way how it should be or not.

So I am a bit stuck with this. :/

Thanks for your reply anyway! 

On the Gotway app you have to connect the phone to the wheel first. You can't make the first connection via the app. You have to go into phone settings gs and under blue tooth you do a search with the wheel turned on obviously and when it finds it you make the connection with the code 1234. After that the app has it listed for you to connect to.

It maybe totally different on the Ninebot, as I said I've never owned one.

This was posted today on Ninedroid's Google Play -page:

Can't connect!!! Since the update and my bot's firmware update I can't connect to my bot. It's very annoying. A message keeps popping up asking for bluetooth pairing code and the one I chose isn't accepted!!! :/ What to do? :( Let's face the truth: It's been poorly programed, full of bugs, unstable crap! Why is it hard to keep it synchronised with the latest Ninebot firmware?! Without that it's just a wasted effort of work!! Very disappointing!! (Samsung Galaxy S3/4.3 Jelly Bean)

This is fairly worrying, because if you can't connect to the device via Bluetooth and it's a firmware problem, how could anyone again update the firmware with a working version, unless there's a way to flash the EEPROM otherwise than via BlueTooth... Hopefully Ninebot (the company) will figure out a way, or maybe the new firmware just has some hard coded BT-pairing code, and they've forgotten to tell it to their users. Once my Ninebot arrives, I think I'll wait at least some time for comments from other users before trying to flash any new firmware.  ;)

I know mate, thanks for that, but doesn't matter which way I do it,the ninebot is not on the BT list,so can't connect it.However, before the bot's firmware update it was working,so I'm telling to everyone now, DON'T UPGRADE YOUR NINEBOT'S FIRMWARE until it's safe so, read forums before you do so guys!

As far as I know, it's not possible to downgrade it, so I'm basically stuck... :/

It's a long shot, but you could try some Bluetooth-hacking software to try something like a dictionary-attack against the device with a large dictionary with common passwords ("abcdef", "1234", different versions of what you THINK the password should be, in case of typos or such etc), or if you can't connect at all, try to sniff if the Bluetooth-interface is alive at all. When using such tools, FIRST SCAN THE PACKAGE/EXECUTABLE WITH TRUSTED VIRUS SCANNER before running, there are lots of fake-hacking tools that are actually viruses/trojan horses. If the Bluetooth-interface from the Ninebot seems completely dead (no other device can detect it), you might need to go as far as replacing the mainboard or chip holding the firmware (IMHO, this at least should fall under warranty, if their own software bricked it).

Well, it seems that the ninebot's Bluetooth is working. I did a check with BlueScan Bluetooth 4.0 low energy scan and it found it, which is good. So, I guess my phone is having issues with BT 4.0. How can I update BT on phone? apart from google play or android market, that doesn't work, tried already.

I just got my Ninebot One, and unfortunately, so I upgraded it directly :/

I also had the same problem now with not being able to connect with Bluetooth.

But i downloded the app from the chinese ninebot page. it is in english and it works.I think it is for the usual Ninbot och Ninebot One. The app does not crash all the time when you try to start it, and Bluetooth connection works very well  :) 

http://m.ninebot.cn/APP.html

But i downloded the app from the chinese ninebot page. it is in english and it works.I think it is for the usual Ninbot och Ninebot One. The app does not crash all the time when you try to start it, and Bluetooth connection works very well  :) 

http://m.ninebot.cn/APP.html

Interesting find, I downloaded both the .apk's from Ninebot's own pages and from Google Play store, and it seems the one in Ninebot's pages is newer. Inside /res/raw/, I found files called egversion.txt (apparently for the two-wheeled Elite) and one_egversion.txt (for Ninebot One). The same directory contains also the chinese versions of these text files (cnversion.txt and one_cnversion.txt, respectively), as well as binary files which I suspect are the firmware-softare (for example, v6_one_v113.bin and v6_one_v114.bin).

Here's the contents:

From Googleplay:

Version:V1.1.4
Update Date:20150122
Details:
1.When update fail,you can shutdown the ONE
2.Now current and power can display correcttly

Version:V1.1.3
Update Date:20150113
Details:
1.remove the function of switching LED mode by shortly press the key
2.add the breaklight,and control function in the APP

Version:V1.1.2
Update Date:20141223
Details:
1. Optimize attitude sensor calibration algorithm.

Version:V1.1.1
Update Date:20141216
Details:
1. The BlueTooth name can be changed now.
2. Add BlueTooth pairing code.

Version:V1.1.0
Update Date:20141208
Details:
1. The first release version.

The apk from Google play contains binary files v6_one_v113.bin and v6_one_v114.bin, which (I think) are the firmware-software for version 1.1.3 and 1.1.4.

From Ninebot's own apk:

Version:V1.1.6
Update Date:20150224
Details:
1.Optimized the algorithm of attitude sensor
2.Optimized the speed limiting function

Version:V1.1.5
Update Date:20150214
Details:
1.add alarm light when illegal movement
2.remove the bug in locking the Ninebot One
3.remove the bug of tilting forward when power on

Version:V1.1.4
Update Date:20150122
Details:
1.When update fail,you can shutdown the ONE
2.Now current and power can display correcttly

Version:V1.1.3
Update Date:20150113
Details:
1.remove the function of switching LED mode by shortly press the key
2.add the breaklight,and control function in the APP

Version:V1.1.2
Update Date:20141223
Details:
1. Optimize attitude sensor calibration algorithm.

Version:V1.1.1
Update Date:20141216
Details:
1. The BlueTooth name can be changed now.
2. Add BlueTooth pairing code.

Version:V1.1.0
Update Date:20141208
Details:
1. The first release version.

The apk contains binary files v6_one_v116.bin and v6_one_v117.bin. There doesn't seem to be any description for 1.1.7 -version in the english text file, though the chinese one does have it. Translated via google translate:

固件版本:V1.1.7
更新时间:20150309
这是测试版本

Firmware version: V1.1.7
Updated: 20150309
This is a test version

"Test version" sounds like something you don't want to install on your own wheel... ;)

So it would seem the version in Ninebots' own pages is actually newer and contains newer firmware (unless the Google Play -version can download new firmware from Ninebots' servers without updating the app). I don't know if the newer version works any better (or worse, for that matter), so try at your own risk. However, since it's available directly from their own webpages, I'm lead to believe it is the official version.

Btw, the app is also available from http://www.ninebot.com/ninebot/APP/index.html, clicking "App Android" will download the exact same apk as the link in the m.ninebot.cn -page (ran it through file compare, no changes found).

I'm kind of confused since I don't own Ninebot. Bluetooth connection or not, the wheel can still work, right?  The app is only for statistics like speed, etc. It would be a shame if the user can not ride the wheel because of app connectivity. I h ope that's not the case.

PlanetPapi: you get your wheel with basic set-up. The app let's you fine-tune it, such things as colour, turning sensitivity, speed limit, brake light, etc. Cannot really remember now, but it's like a control unit.

I downloaded the app from website, seems to be the same though. Nothing has changed, still cannot connect with my phone.

I know, update is everybodys dream, but I still believe in:

Never change a running system!

Specially not if you not miss anything!

Sorry, I know that does not help you all

I'm running iOS with 1.2.0 and it's running just fine, but it crashes once in a while. My Nexus 7 is running Android 5.1 with the Ninedroid app and it constantly crashes. When it does work it works better than my iPhone (all the options work). I just use my iPhone to adjust all the settings as it's with me all the time.

If your phone is giving you hell then find a tablet, download the app, and make the changes you need (ride settings, sensor settings, lights, etc.).

Good luck, I hope it works out you.

Can't remember and can't tell since it doesn't let me to connect to it. Some dodgy one for sure! :D:P

It should a phone issue, S3 doesn't have 4.0 Bluetooth or it's crap. tried to update it, etc. I need ICS or Lollipop on it. Any ideas where can I get it from?

By the way, thanks to you all for the comments and ideas even if they didn't work. ;)

SerpentineGX: it seems all android updates are crap for a reason. Can't believe it! Would be fine if I just could downgrade the ninebot's firmware or reset to factory default or anything, but these people didn't even think about this case... Got to be a way out of this, I am getting so much annoyed.

SerpentineGX: it seems all android updates are crap for a reason. Can't believe it! Would be fine if I just could downgrade the ninebot's firmware or reset to factory default or anything, but these people didn't even think about this case... Got to be a way out of this, I am getting so much annoyed.

Can you borrow a friends iPhone or iPad for a few minutes? At least you'll be able to get it set-up. 

As with anything new like this, there will be bugs that need to be worked out. Look at OSX or Windows - not perfect at all. But we still work around all the bugs. These wheels are the same - work in progress. 

Hope you sort this out soon.

Archived