Jump to content

240 watt ninebot charger, range extender


jer
 Share

Recommended Posts

I have seen a reference  to a 240 Watt charger for Ninebot 1 e as an optional accessory.

Does anyone have one and/or are they available ?

This would be great for charging on the move at a cafe, bar etc, anywhere you can borrow a power socket for a while.

Having owned one for a couple of weeks  my main conclusion is it doesn't like going on low charge.

Battery level  indicator is very non linear 

Takes  mud and water no problem.

At the bottom of the web page is mention of the 240 watt supercharger

http://www.ninebot.com/ninebot/NinebotOne/index.html

 

Thanks

 

Jer

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

I think they exist in the manufacturers advertising,  not in real.

This led me to the next stage as I was wondering if chargers were available that could control  charge rate and level, such  as are available in remote control sports.  This would enable batteries to be stored  at roughly 50% charge and  fully charged just before use.  Lipos don't like being fully depleted or stored fully charged, so this is quite a handy feature.  Alas I don't think such chargers are available.  Revoelectrix who make the  top dog chargers  for radio control have no plans to make generic quality chargers for  electric unicycles.

Maybe someone know something more.

 

Jer

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, jer said:

I think they exist in the manufacturers advertising,  not in real.

@Craniumexamined the possibility for fastcharging a NB with a noname charger (up to 5A ~ 300W) here:

 

As it seems he is content with this charger.

8 hours ago, jer said:

This led me to the next stage as I was wondering if chargers were available that could control  charge rate and level, such  as are available in remote control sports.  This would enable batteries to be stored  at roughly 50% charge and  fully charged just before use.  Lipos don't like being fully depleted or stored fully charged, so this is quite a handy feature.  Alas I don't think such chargers are available.  Revoelectrix who make the  top dog chargers  for radio control have no plans to make generic quality chargers for  electric unicycles.

Maybe someone know something more.

Easiest "Solution": You skip the 2nd phase of charging (saturation/constant Voltage phase) and stay with ~85% charge.

@HJ found a charger here 

It has more or less the same casing and has written in the description:

"Charge for Lithium Battery
> 57.6V * (3.6V * 16S)  Lithium battery
> 59.2V * (3.7V * 16S)  Lthium battery
> 67.2V * (4.2V * 16S)  Lithium battery
>  For 16S  Li-ion / Li-Polymer Battery Packs"
So could be, that you can choose one of the three voltages for charging (3,7V could be around 50% charge). But i did not see any switch/dial at the pictures - could also be, that you just can take a choice while ordering for one of the voltages?

However - if you really want this option, you could modify the charger @Craniumfound and add some more trimming potentiometer and a switch to choose between different pre calibrated voltages(~charge percent)

... Or as easy solution, you take two of them - calibrate one for 50% and one for 100% ;)

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, jer said:

This led me to the next stage as I was wondering if chargers were available that could control  charge rate and level, such  as are available in remote control sports. 

Another option is the Charge Doctor V2. It allows you to cutoff charging when the battery reaches a specified charging current. http://hobby16.neowp.fr/2016/02/07/charge-doctor-v2-auto-shutdown-function/

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, TwixFix said:

Another option is the Charge Doctor V2. It allows you to cutoff charging when the battery reaches a specified charging current. http://hobby16.neowp.fr/2016/02/07/charge-doctor-v2-auto-shutdown-function/

Thanks, it won't charge me quicker but will let me keep the  battery healthy.

Available here as well, unfortunately sold out.

Many thanks

 

Jeremy

23 hours ago, Chriull said:

@Craniumexamined the possibility for fastcharging a NB with a noname charger (up to 5A ~ 300W) here:

 

As it seems he is content with this charger.

Easiest "Solution": You skip the 2nd phase of charging (saturation/constant Voltage phase) and stay with ~85% charge.

@HJ found a charger here 

It has more or less the same casing and has written in the description:

"Charge for Lithium Battery
> 57.6V * (3.6V * 16S)  Lithium battery
> 59.2V * (3.7V * 16S)  Lthium battery
> 67.2V * (4.2V * 16S)  Lithium battery
>  For 16S  Li-ion / Li-Polymer Battery Packs"
So could be, that you can choose one of the three voltages for charging (3,7V could be around 50% charge). But i did not see any switch/dial at the pictures - could also be, that you just can take a choice while ordering for one of the voltages?

However - if you really want this option, you could modify the charger @Craniumfound and add some more trimming potentiometer and a switch to choose between different pre calibrated voltages(~charge percent)

... Or as easy solution, you take two of them - calibrate one for 50% and one for 100% ;)

Many thanks, nothing grabs my fancy in terms of chargers, but I have learnt what the connector is (Lemo)  which could come in handy if I decide to go wild.

Jer

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, jer said:

Thanks, it won't charge me quicker but will let me keep the  battery healthy.

Available here as well, unfortunately sold out.

Many thanks

 

Jeremy

It may say it's sold out on the site, but contact the maker via his email he might be able to help you out. I PMed you his email address.

Edited by TwixFix
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I know, not totally related, but sort of related.  I've got one of these generic 75 watt inverters.  For Kicks, I tried to charge my NineBot with it while I was driving using the original charger and it WORKS!  I was surprised because this thing is only rated 75 watts.  It's a way to top off while driving somewhere if needed.  I only got 3% in about 5 minutes, so not fast, but it works.  On a long drive, it would help.

Inverter.jpg.020b02285750d74c413d6a347ce

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Gil said:

Oh yes ! You just need a car as a range extender ;-)

I prefer the pub as my range extender.

I takes ca 1 hour, that's why I would prefer 240 watts  to bring an emptish battery back to 100%

I discovered that 90% indicated charge  does  not mean 90% actual range.

ie I went from 100% to 30% on the out journey and 90% to 0% on the  return trip over the same route

This thing is a bloody pain to carry.

Jer :-)

 

WP_20160213_001.jpg

WP_20160213_14_51_25_Pro.jpg

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/27/2016 at 0:39 AM, jer said:

WP_20160213_14_51_25_Pro.jpg

I don't think you should go to this pub anymore.  Your wheel has some sort of green swollen rash.  My mother always told me to watch out in Pubs, or I'd end up itchy...

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 year later...

If the power of the original charger is 120W and can supply 1.9A, a supercharger with 250 W would be close to 4A.

And for a 9B1 E + battery, it's a little bit more high to preserve the battery life.

so have a look at : https://www.amazon.fr/dp/B0747XXD3C

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...