Playing with Riding modes.

Funky

Expert/Riding/Learner

Today i was playing with "riding" modes. I don't know why, but i like the "Learner" mode the most i think? I was riding/learning on "Expert" mode all this time.. From "Expert" to "Learner" I felt little difference. Yes i felt the wheel acted little bit more like a rubber. But over all i liked the "Learner" mode the most, i don't know really why.. On "Expert" the wheel feels more wobbly, twitchy.. On Riding/Learner it felt awesome. When accelerating it felt more smooth overall. Also when accelerating speed wise they all are the same to me. (Doh i got more overpower alarms on "Learner") Just that on Riding/Learner mode the whole wheel felt a lot more smooth. I also noticed it's much more smooth at speed. As i was getting almost all the time speed alarms. Riding on "Expert" mode it was more sketchy. Also feet felt more stiff on "Expert" mode. But at Riding/Learner mode it felt like i was "floating in water" less feet pain also..

It was very easy to overpower wheel in "Learner" mode.

Now i don't know which mode to set it.. I never go off-roading btw. "Riding" mode seems best?

Any input from more experienced riders would be appreciated. (Especially who got ks18xl themselves.) About what mode they ride and why. <3

Also i lost my overpower virginity today, multiple times. <3 Wheel was not happy today. :D 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 4/12/2022 at 9:23 AM, Funky said:

Expert/Riding/Learner

Today i was playing with "riding" modes. I don't know why, but i like the "Learner" mode the most i think? I was riding/learning on "Expert" mode all this time.. From "Expert" to "Learner" I felt little difference. Yes i felt the wheel acted little bit more like a rubber. But over all i liked the "Learner" mode the most, i don't know really why.. On "Expert" the wheel feels more wobbly, twitchy.. On Riding/Learner it felt awesome. When accelerating it felt more smooth overall. Also when accelerating speed wise they all are the same to me. (Doh i got more overpower alarms on "Learner") Just that on Riding/Learner mode the whole wheel felt a lot more smooth. I also noticed it's much more smooth at speed. As i was getting almost all the time speed alarms. Riding on "Expert" mode it was more sketchy. Also feet felt more stiff on "Expert" mode. But at Riding/Learner mode it felt like i was "floating in water" less feet pain also..

It was very easy to overpower wheel in "Learner" mode.

Now i don't know which mode to set it.. I never go off-roading btw. "Riding" mode seems best?

Any input from more experienced riders would be appreciated. (Especially who got ks18xl themselves.) About what mode they ride and why. <3

Also i lost my overpower virginity today, multiple times. <3 Wheel was not happy today. :D 

Thanks for starting this thread! My Hero came today and it turned out that Soft/Easy mode was much more responsive and enjoyable than the Hard mode. Way easier to accelerate and brake on easy mode.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1