Backpack for Unicycles

VAFixer

Im just getting into unicycles and im about to purchase a V12 inmotion, i seen it weighs 27kg, i was wondering if there is any speciality backpacks for carrying your wheel? Yes its a bit heavy but im a gym bro and i think i could handle it I just want the portability aspect of traveling and im surprised I cant see anything, am I missing anything here? Just not into rolling it around like a pimp cane around shopping malls

• Like 1

I understand if you need to get onto public transport or past guards when you're worried they won't let you in, but wanting to carry nearly 30kg is a bit of torture.

There are harnesses that can do what you want. I think it's for hiking, when riding isn't possible.

The wheel is kept on while rolling it so it's doing most of the work. You just need to nudge it the way you're going.

That's always going to be more convenient. You can lean it against something when you need both your hands. It's very simple.

A backpack isn't really a good option unless you have something like an Mten3, V5f, or any of the old super lightweight airwheels and stuff like that.

EUC's nowadays have trolley handles like luggage that you can use to wheel it around, I take my wheel everywhere (It's my sole method of transportation) and I just wheel it along in stores and such.

Only real reason I can think of wanting a bag is if you're trying to sneak it somewhere it shouldn't be. In that case get a large duffelbag and enjoy lifting all that weight for an extended period of time 💀

I was able to stuff a InMotion V8 into a large surf/beach backpack a while back. The wheel was totally concealed, but there were two issues - 

1. It was very difficult getting the backpack on and off because of the weight / the edges from the shell and pedals dug into my back.

2. There was a fear of what would happen if the power button was depressed while the wheel was in the backpack. 

On a side note, much to my annoyance, people always refer to my M-Super as a fancy suitcase. Maybe hiding in plain sight might work. 

Here is a picture of the backpack that I used - 

image.thumb.png.b6c9cf6affab99cfcfa02d06e9696b79.png

Edited by gon2fast
  • Like 2

Plus you're gonna look like a shoplifter if you walk into a mall store with a big backpack on. They're either gonna follow you around or make you check in your bag. And if you're in a big store like Walmart, you might be waiting in line 5-10 minutes just to check in your bag at the customer service counter.

And if some store lets you just leave your bag near the door, that opens you up to somebody stealing your bag/wheel.

Pushing your wheel around is best.

If you want the most inconspicuous wheel, consider the Begode Tesla V3.

• Like 1

I used to commute to San Francisco. Most bus drivers don't care about PEVs, but there are a handful that think otherwise. I don't know if it a true concern or someone with a poor attitude, but I do know that I have been left behind. In cases like that I would conceal my wheel in a backpack or duffel bag to avoid the hassle.

"If you have to hide it then it is not allowed"

Not quite, the rules concerning PEVs on GGT were written several years ago and are very vague as many of the devices that we use today did not exist when these policies were created. It is at the driver's discretion, but I did speak with a supervisor who had no issues with EUCs or scooters being on buses (the driver calls the supervisor to meet us at our drop off to explain why we can't bring our devices on the bus. When the driver leaves and the supervisor says that he really does not care LOL). 

14 hours ago, VAFixer said:

Im just getting into unicycles and im about to purchase a V12 inmotion, i seen it weighs 27kg, i was wondering if there is any speciality backpacks for carrying your wheel? Yes its a bit heavy but im a gym bro and i think i could handle it I just want the portability aspect of traveling and im surprised I cant see anything, am I missing anything here? Just not into rolling it around like a pimp cane around shopping malls

When I had to carry my 50 pound Gotway up a bridge (three stories, I estimate), I used a strap loop that went around my shoulder and the opposite side through the handle. It make a very difficult and awkward carry quite easy, but an EUC purse isn't going to work for a stroll through mall. Even a perfectly positioned sand vest that weighs 50 pounds is really really hard after fifteen minutes; the soles of your feet being particularly vulnerable.

I'm guessing a stout bicycle lock might suit your needs better.

I use bags that are built to hold folding bikes when transporting my wheels on road trips. Does a pretty good job of keeping the wheels covered and clean, and in a pinch, I cross body the straps and carry on my shoulders. The bag is sturdy enough to carry the wheel. For the lighter sub 50 lbs. Wheels it's actually not so bad but I don't recommend it for 70 or more pound wheels. It's doable for loading briefly from the house into the car but not for liesurely walking around a mall or store.

I guess if you really wanted, you could get a large enough wheeled suitcase and put the wheel in there, but at that point it may just be better to trolley the wheel. I dunno...if there's a cheap enough large wheeled suitcase for my largest wheel, I wouldn't mind giving it a try. At least in this way you can wheel it around without having to turn it on I guess. But then you're still wheeling a giant suitcase around.

8 hours ago, Esash said:

Plus you're gonna look like a shoplifter if you walk into a mall store with a big backpack on. They're either gonna follow you around or make you check in your bag. And if you're in a big store like Walmart, you might be waiting in line 5-10 minutes just to check in your bag at the customer service counter.

And if some store lets you just leave your bag near the door, that opens you up to somebody stealing your bag/wheel.

Pushing your wheel around is best.

If you want the most inconspicuous wheel, consider the Begode Tesla V3.

The only time I was ever asked to remove my backpack in a store was when I went to a dollar store. I go to the grocery store nearly daily on my euc with my backpack and I've never had problems

• 4 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Hackeron said:

I'm looking at potentially this: https://flamesngames.co.uk/shop/qu-ax-20-unicycle-backpack/ - I emailed the company asking for specific dimensions to see if it will fit the Inmotion V8 - it is really frustrating these days with London TFL banning all electric unicycles and I keep getting stopped!

It says it's for a 20 inch unicycle so it will definitely fit a v8. Bag is oversized for that wheel. I found a video of someone loading their unicycle into it so you can see just how big it is 

Edited by TantasStarke

• 4 weeks later...
On 2022/4/11 at PM10点28分, Paul A said:

-597243110278877817.jpg.4e3c78b1ca61ee07

LITE-WHEEL-BACKPACK-FITS-NINEBOT-ONE-CCE

配件_背包__36161.1467751148_1

HTB19lZZbKsAV1JjSZFsq6ydZXXax.jpg?size=1

I have one of those bags, and it is very heavy to carry one ( Mine is V8 ),

I use it because I need to carry it on my e-bike ( e-bike to some far away park, then use EUC in the park ),

When I am riding the bag is on the back seat so it feels OK.