Why does the EU suspension get so stiff the longer you ride?

danadane(nottherapper)

For example,  when I first got my NB I couldn't hardly ride it on ride setting 9 it was to soft.  So I put the ride mode on 5 and all good.  But, after a short time it became more stiff.  Now, I always ride on the softest setting 9 but it still seems somewhat stiff.   Does anyone know how to loosen up the ride mode to make it softer or more loose?  Another thing is I will start off on a three to four hour ride.  At first it is ok.  By the end of an hour or two it gets really tight feeling similar to ride setting of 2 or 3.  It is not that fun  riding when it gets so stiff!

4 hours ago, danadane(nottherapper) said:

For example,  when I first got my NB I couldn't hardly ride it on ride setting 9 it was to soft.  So I put the ride mode on 5 and all good.  But, after a short time it became more stiff.  Now, I always ride on the softest setting 9 but it still seems somewhat stiff.   Does anyone know how to loosen up the ride mode to make it softer or more loose?  Another thing is I will start off on a three to four hour ride.  At first it is ok.  By the end of an hour or two it gets really tight feeling similar to ride setting of 2 or 3.  It is not that fun  riding when it gets so stiff!

Most people riding the Ninebot at mode 5 or six already think it's way too soft and would never even try to ride it at ride mode 9. Maybe your shins are always touching the hard side padding and the longer you ride, the harder it is for your shin bones and muscles to cope. Try practicing by barely touching the hard side paddings of the Ninebot or you can add softer paddings to make you feel comfortable.The Gotway or Kingsong units are a lot softer to ride.

On 2/12/2016 at 7:16 PM, danadane(nottherapper) said:

After an hour or two of constant riding your battery is drained some. The more your battery is drained the less responsive your wheel is, so it can't ride that "loose". The real big noticeable change will be around 50% battery life.

On February 12, 2016 at 0:02 AM, SlowMo said:

Most people riding the Ninebot at mode 5 or six already think it's way too soft and would never even try to ride it at ride mode 9. Maybe your shins are always touching the hard side padding and the longer you ride, the harder it is for your shin bones and muscles to cope. Try practicing by barely touching the hard side paddings of the Ninebot or you can add softer paddings to make you feel comfortable.The Gotway or Kingsong units are a lot softer to ride.

I found that 5 is not soft enough. 9 feels a bit odd though, not because it is too soft, bit because the softness is somehow too delayed, does that make sense? My Gotway has a much softer feel but it's quite a different feeling. I have been riding my ninebot set on 7 for the last couple weeks, I like it there.

Archived