Tomorrow! Big day - 850wh Msuper2

@Cloud  I totally understand about pumping up the tire on the Msuper...very frustrating. I finally was able to get it but what a hassle.  if you do find one that works please let me know and I'll do the same as I will be looking for a solution this weekend.  I'll take this small pain in the ass situation with a grain of salt as I really have fallen in love with this unit.

@DR Seymour Don't get too jealous.. I have an HOUR DRIVE, then I ride from my parking garage to my office.  it's a very SHORT ride, but I take a long route when I have the time ;)  I also just took it out for a quick 2 mile spin during lunch which is very fun.  It was a little scary since this is a new EUC that i'm not used to, but it went well :) 

6 hours ago, DR Seymour said:

Let me start with "I love this unit The Msuper". I have noticed that it takes some getting used to to get it t go faster but I figured out if I just keep my legs straight and lean my whole body it really takes off, I have the 680 mid version. I am a bit nervous to push it untill I am a more skilled rider as I have only hit 21 kpm, that feels fast on the pavement. I also watched my friend break his collarbone too falling so I'm being cautious. After reading all the post about the shutdowns and injuries in general I purchased all the protective gear I needed ie: helmet ( full face...god I feel like a nerd...lol), gloves,wrist guards, knee pads and elbow pads. At first I felt dorky but you know what it gave me confidence to push it a bit. I'm going to go to a dirt bike track tomorrow hopefully so I can push it further and not worry so much about falling...we will see.....! My friend is legally blind and he has an Airwheel X8 as I do as well, so we went riding last night, I took my X8 and it was like  going from a Cadilac to a Kia..no offense intended I couldn't wait to go back home and get my Msuper. I'm so greatful for this forum as I have learned so much info and insight cause I'm the type to just get on and go but I understand so much more and I believe it has made me more safe. With that said does anybody have a suggestion as to what temp we should stop riding and give the unit some time to cool off to avoid a shutdown due to high temp or should I not concern myself with this. It is cool here in Texas now but our summers are brutal. I also filled my tire to 40 psi, and I love how it feels...any thoughts about that? Thanks again to my friends here for you have helped me so much. I wish there was someone here in a San Antonio Texas to ride with.

Doesnt the msuper have an overheating protection in the shape of a tiltback or something? Does anyone have experience?

On February 16, 2016 at 8:27 PM, adhermes said:

It's a good suggestion. I'll do that. 

You can only turn off first and second alarm. Third alarm cannot be turned off via the app. Based on different environments, best to not to go over 28km/h. If you have the HS version, 35km/h.

If your one those people that don't listen, well I hope you wear enough proctection and hope your not doing top speed runs at less than 75% battery life. 

Just giving new Msuper owners some hard knock advice.

I rather you enjoy it instead of being unable to ride because of some misfortune.

Stay safe!!

On 2016/2/16 at 5:10 AM, Cloud said:

Doesnt the msuper have an overheating protection in the shape of a tiltback or something? Does anyone have experience?

Yes, all Gotway EUCs have overheating protection in the form of titlback and alarm(two short beeps every two seconds). For old models such as Mten and MCM2, the protection point is 70 degree C. For new models such as Mten2 and MSuper2(and probably all the newer models such as MCM2s, MCM4), the protection point is 80 degree C. 

Edit: correct temperature protection point.

I'm getting beeping this morning when nowhere close to speed warnings, looks like battery in 3/4 lights.  It's 20 degrees outside, is there a "COLD" battery warning i'm getting? 

Anyone else have an idea what could cause warning beeps < 10kmh?

36 minutes ago, Kells said:

I'm getting beeping this morning when nowhere close to speed warnings, looks like battery in 3/4 lights.  It's 20 degrees outside, is there a "COLD" battery warning i'm getting? 

Anyone else have an idea what could cause warning beeps < 10kmh?

I dont know msuper but curious what is the beeping pattern? And Is beeping happening at all times or sometimes, how often

39 minutes ago, Cloud said:

I dont know msuper but curious what is the beeping pattern? And Is beeping happening at all times or sometimes, how often

It single beeped within a second of moving forward, then another single beep after a few seconds, they were definitely not related to speed.  

I took the EUC out again just minutes ago it's ambient temp was around 80.  no beeps, but now I'm at 50% battery,  I only have 7 miles on this EUC after first full charge...  It doesn't seem to be providing the expected amount of battery power, but maybe it needs to cycle charges a few times?

3 hours ago, Kells said:

It single beeped within a second of moving forward, then another single beep after a few seconds, they were definitely not related to speed.  

I took the EUC out again just minutes ago it's ambient temp was around 80.  no beeps, but now I'm at 50% battery,  I only have 7 miles on this EUC after first full charge...  It doesn't seem to be providing the expected amount of battery power, but maybe it needs to cycle charges a few times?

So there were only two beeps or it continued beeping every few seconds? I am no expert on msuper but i would think that if it only beeped twice and not beeping now then i wouldnt worry too much about it. 

About the mileage...well, lets not forget you are 280lbs which has a big impact. Also your tire pressure is 40 . Youd get more distance if you pump it up to 50. I must say that your distance results are unfortunately consistent with my results riding a kingsong 14" adjusted by the weight. So this doesnt appear abnormal.

Me : 220lbs/ 680 battery - max distance 20 miles

You :280lbs / 680 battery- proportionally your max distance will be 15.7 miles

as such, 7 miles will be approx. 50% of your battery.

however from other people reports on the forum it appeared to me that Gotway does about 20% better in watt/ miles than kingsong. Perhaps your example shows that it really does not and is very similar to kingsong. Which means that other people posting their max mileage are overstating their numbers.

3 minutes ago, Cloud said:

So there were only two beeps or it continued beeping every few seconds? I am no expert on msuper but i would think that if it only beeped twice and not beeping now then i wouldnt worry too much about it. 

About the mileage...well, lets not forget you are 280lbs which has a big impact. Also your tire pressure is 40 . Youd get more distance if you pump it up to 50. I must say that your distance results are unfortunately consistent with my results riding a kingsong 14" adjusted by the weight. So this doesnt appear abnormal.

Me : 220lbs/ 680 battery - max distance 20 miles

You :280lbs / 680 battery- proportionally your max distance will be 15.7 miles

as such, 7 miles will be approx. 50% of your battery.

however from other people reports on the forum it appeared to me that Gotway does about 20% better in watt/ miles than kingsong. Perhaps your example shows that it really does not and is very similar to kingsong. Which means that other people posting their max mileage are overstating their numbers.

Good analysis here.  Makes complete sense.

the beeps, yea I'm not too worried for now.

Archived