Suspension wheel in the snow?

Esash

Any of you guys know the downside of suspension wheels in the snow? I think I heard somebody say no suspension is better in the snow.

Edited by Esash
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Esash said:

the downside of suspension wheels in the snow?

I rode my S18 a bit in the snow this winter, no particular downsides... you're higher up, so it's probably easier to slide out (you might need to be extra careful). Chooch had a number of vids of the "other" large suspension wheel in the snow and didn't mention anything specific about the suspension. I think Jimmy Chang had his demo out in the snow too, nothing that stuck out suspension related either.

Edited by Tawpie
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Thanks. I didn't think about the higher pedal height, that should really help. Man now I can actually look forward to some outdoor aspects of winter.

Yeah chooch looked really good in his deep snow riding on the dragonbreath20

The experience of riding an euc in the snow on the road can vary a lot. If it is snow that has salt mixed in, with cars already driven on it, the condition can become much more difficult to manage. Knobby tires should help, but still not easy. And is very difficult to stay balanced. Since you can't ride fast, suspension doesn't really help here.

But if you talking about offroad and fresh snow, then the experience can be completely different, usually more favorable.

• Like 1

Riding over frozen footsteps is way better with suspension. I can’t see how no suspension would be better in any snowy situation.

The rubber seals on the shock do get stiff in the cold though, which stiffens up at least the V11 suspension considerably.

Which makes me think that I should check if there are silicone O-rings available in the correct sizes.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1