Which brand/model of Elbow and Knee pads would you suggest?

SlowMo

my wife has the brand 'Rollerblade' they are quite good (bought at Decathlon). Mine are Oxelo, cheaper but not as good as the Rollerblade stuff.

Problems with protective gear is that if you buy them in a complete package, there's always a part that doesn't fit very well (M arms, and XL legs)

• Upvote 1

Any rollerblade or skate gear works fine if it fits to You fine - just make sure that elbow and knee pads won't rotate over Your limb asa they touch to ground. In offroad use I suggest MX gear - hardcore to extreme :D , mini-MX boots are angle-length and more flexible (Vee73 aka EUC extreme uses double pivoted Sidi boots but I can't, no feel through Your feet).

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, SlowMo said:

I am searching for better knee and elbow pads. So far I have an order of G-Form knee pads and Triple Eight Exoskin elbow pads. Still need to get some more knee pads. Which ones would you recommend?

I've been really happy with this set:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B016U4R6II?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, dbfrese said:

I got this set -- but I'm pretty sure you can get the knee and elbow pads separately. I can attest to their effectiveness. I took a bad spill and they kept me mostly undamaged.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GG7AYLG?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00

These seems to be of very good quality and the price for a full set is very reasonable.However, I would prefer the soft shell types which can be worn under the pants. There are several protective pads for down hill mountain biking that I am currently looking at. This one, the Fox Launch Pro seems to be good.

s-l1600.jpg

Edited by SlowMo

• 4 years later...

Come on people:

Is the pad strong enough?
Is it comfortable? 
Will it stay and place when you crash? 
Plastic or D3O? 
Price ? 

The answers here are not overly clever I find... 

Soft pads ... are for  soft brains I guess. 

I use Demon United D30 V3 elbow and knee pads and the are great, virtually indestructible  and very comfy. They make all types of protective equipment. Be warned they run super small and I would size up one or two sizes. 

Edited by Sludog
  • Like 1

I had the demon united and they were a little bulky and just wouldnt stay put on my bird thin legs. Now I use the scott grenade evo zip at about $100 a set. They are d30 as Im a BIG fan of genuine d30. They are the best compromise in comfort and safety for my needs. They fit under loose pants and stay put. They arent hard tho, so if you like to slide all the time, I'd imagine they wont last long. Definitely keepers for me, and I'll buy another set, should I destroy these and not my knees. Gna be unlikely tho, as I dont wear much very often. My ride speeds are increasing, so I may change my mind about how much gear I wear, very shortly.

image.jpeg.ebc96511255ea05cee26d9b7b4a1a240.jpeg

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...