So I'm planning to buy a speed charger with 4 different modes( Gotway mcm5 v2) what you guys think?

Dimitri

Hi People, 

I'm planning to buy a speed charger with 4 different modes.(2,4,6,8) Modes. This charger is capable of charging twice the faster than the regular charger.  I heard that the faster you charge your board the worst for the battery. So I was wondering what do you guys prefer? 2? 4? 6? 8?

Any thoughts?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I bought a speed charger for my KS18XL, I almost never use it. In my estimation the reason why you would get a speed charger is if you are doing tours or group rides frequently. If you think you're having issues with a sufficient charge for round trip use then consider getting a second stock charger to keep at work.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

The 1 amp or less aftermarket chargers you can get from AliExpress are much smaller than stock, charge cool, cost maybe $18 bucks for a three, and last for years. While they don't charge quickly, they do still charge, and let's say the stock charger takes 8 hours...the trickle chargers take 12 hours or so.

It's notable that almost every stock charger I've owned has eventually popped a fuse or somehow bricked itself; the trickle chargers never have. And they're smaller than a laptop charging brick! Unless you're going on group rides, you don't even need the stock charger; but then again you could buy another stock charger and plug them both into your (not an MCM) wheel. Heck, even my vsett scooter comes with dual charging ports these days...dual charging is soon to be standard.

• Like 1