What is the "accelerated stability" firmware in the Begode app?

1 hour ago, Freestyler said:

Can I tempt you to try the PWM tiltback firmware by sharing a photo I took from your city 2 weeks ago? :efefa6edcf:

IMG_20220626_032423-01.thumb.jpeg.b2cfeaddaa4dd85fb3d3d2d3df3062b9.jpeg

i'm a bit busy with the master right now, EXN is going to take a break :D

On 7/12/2022 at 3:11 PM, Freestyler said:

So I took another look on the now removed exn c38 accelerated stability firmware and though I would let you know EMA.

The pedal modes are identical, but there is a small change on another variable which I'm not sure what is it exactly.

It's not a PID value. Maybe a filter adjustment for the sensor data. It's 10 on the regular firmware and 5 on the accelerated stability. (Maybe less smoothed out data?)

It's a very small change, so maybe the difference cannot be felt (if it's there at all).

On the newer exn c38 firmware (with lower voltage), the value is kept the same as the regular firmware (5).

What tools are you using to decompile and examine the firmware? And are you flashing it using something like an ST-Link? I understand if you don't want to share too many details, but I'm interested in developing custom/modified firmware for personal testing/use.

9 hours ago, Nick McCutcheon said:

What tools are you using to decompile and examine the firmware? And are you flashing it using something like an ST-Link? I understand if you don't want to share too many details, but I'm interested in developing custom/modified firmware for personal testing/use.

With the usual tools for the job: Ida pro, Ghidra, Binary ninja etc.

Flashing is done via bluetooth. Exactly like doing a stock update.

19 hours ago, Freestyler said:

With the usual tools for the job: Ida pro, Ghidra, Binary ninja etc.

Flashing is done via bluetooth. Exactly like doing a stock update.

I figured, as far as tools go. I think I need to study up on how to use them effectively. Interesting, did you need to make an app to send the firmware or is there a generic flasher app you use? 

13 hours ago, Freestyler said:

I feed the official Begode app with a custom firmware, no need to reinvent the wheel. 😁

Sorry I keep asking questions, but I really would like to get into trying make cfw. I was a big part of the ninebot scooter cfw crowd so I'm a little familiar with that stuff, but everything was pretty easy and tools were already available.

How is this done? Do you just replace the bin it downloads right before sending it? I see some .bin files in the app's data > cache > gu folder, I'm assuming you just rename your cfw to match it? 

Edited by Nick McCutcheon

On 7/15/2022 at 11:34 PM, Nick McCutcheon said:

Sorry I keep asking questions, but I really would like to get into trying make cfw. I was a big part of the ninebot scooter cfw crowd so I'm a little familiar with that stuff, but everything was pretty easy and tools were already available.

How is this done? Do you just replace the bin it downloads right before sending it? I see some .bin files in the app's data > cache > gu folder, I'm assuming you just rename your cfw to match it? 

That's one way to achieve it, but it seems rather rigid.

I use a more flexible approach. I'm running a proxy server that intercepts app network calls and feeds my own data.

So all that's needed for someone to flash a cfw, is to setup a proxy in his phone wifi connection with host & port info.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, thendless said:

New EXN C30 firmware seems to be up. Anyone try it yet?

From some quick diffing, it seems the new exn firmware has pedal mode changes for medium + soft and some other stuff that seems like they could affect the screen / lights.

Tiltback voltage at 72v (3.0v per cell). Go ahead and try it. Can't be worse than the previous one ;)

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Freestyler said:

From some quick diffing, it seems the new exn firmware has pedal mode changes for medium + soft and some other stuff that seems like they could affect the screen / lights.

Tiltback voltage at 72v (3.0v per cell). Go ahead and try it. Can't be worse than the previous one ;)

I'm always a little wary of being the first to try, i'll wait and see how it goes with others :)

10 hours ago, Freestyler said:

need to try it

Is there any way to keep the old proper tail light behavior and put that into the new lower voltage cutoff?

I want to try the new firmware to compare against my current pedal feel and see which I prefer, but it seems they always break some functionality.

15 minutes ago, jtm94 said:

Is there any way to keep the old proper tail light behavior and put that into the new lower voltage cutoff?

I want to try the new firmware to compare against my current pedal feel and see which I prefer, but it seems they always break some functionality.

seems like they have fixed all the issue, if something is wrong try reset the board with the "spin feature" :D

• 5 weeks later...

I did the update today, and no issue with the taillight or screen. Wheel parameters went in miles after the upgrade so a I had to reset in km/h in the Begode app. Everything works find, pedals feel stronger.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...