What is the "accelerated stability" firmware in the Begode app?

1 hour ago, Chriull said:

One should be carefull about where to place such capacitors as they can get very hot and be one of the weak links

One of the reasons i'm designing an arduino with temp/smoke sensors for inside the wheel.
It will support A-GPS and also rock a sim card. ;) 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Chriull said:

One should be carefull about where to place such capacitors as they can get very hot and be one of the weak links...

interesting, what temperatures do you think the may go up to?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/30/2022 at 4:58 PM, Ronin Ryder said:

Then never do anything and dont ask us? Hundred of people update their wheels without issues. I told you to try, which was what I advise,not what you want me to tell you. 🤷

I could maybe see your point if you actually answered the question, but you didn't. The question is WHAT DOES THIS DO?

Edited by Vam Monaco

• 1 month later...

They updated a lot of firmwares. Someone on discord said:

Some begode wheels will be allowed to go down to 72v with the new firmware updates coming
This will result in a huge range increase…
Instead of cutoff at 78-79, 72 gives you an extra 6v to play with

I have not verified any of this.

Just a warning to EXN c30 users.  the current firmware causes half of the back light to keep flashing and puts everything except temps in imperial. Eucworld and begode apps wont even displayed the imperial values properly. They show the imperial values with kmh and km beside the numbers and when you switch the settings to imperial it applies another multiplier to the imperial value...

Edited by thendless

7 hours ago, Freestyler said:

They updated a lot of firmwares. Someone on discord said:

I have not verified any of this.

new firmware is not avaible yet, right now we have tilback a 78v for all wheels, commander 74v

in the future the new setting will be 80v for low voltage alarm and 72v tiltback (all 100v wheels)

master tiltback is 104v

Edited by EMA
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/30/2022 at 5:12 PM, Freestyler said:

There is no commander firmware listed in the official Begode app.

Not even a Hero one. Although the RS firmware would fit the hero since it shares the same components.

Connect to this site if you want https://freestyl3r.github.io/euc-dash/begode.html to see what is the reported wheel name.

I’m questioning me on this: same components in the RS and the Hero… RS have 2600w of power and the Hero 2800… like the EXN. So the Hero shares the same components of the RS or the EXN? I don’ know. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Alrog said:

So the Hero shares the same components of the RS or the EXN?

Both (same motors and same board on all three). The wattage numbers are somehow derived from the motor and the firmware, so the different firmwares can give different power numbers (making them even more meaningless).

• Upvote 1

For the record, they released a hero c30 firmware, so that proves they don't re-use an existing firmware.

I had also a guy with commander who connected to euc dash and it identified as commander.

So we can’t probably use a RS or EXN firmware with the Hero C38. Because I love the improvements of the accelerated stability firmware on my RS HT, and I would have liked to have these same improvements on the hero

Well, this is awkward because the RS c38 & RS c38 accelerated stability firmwares are exactly the same files bit by bit. (md5 & sha1 match)

I don't blame you, because the power of placebo can be strong.

You can try swapping firmwares for a bit too see if you really notice a difference.

(Calibration can also have an affect on how the wheel behaves)

Edited by Freestyler
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Freestyler said:

Well, this is awkward because the RS c38 & RS c38 accelerated stability firmwares are exactly the same files bit by bit. (md5 & sha1 match)

I don't blame you, because the power of placebo can be strong.

You can try swapping firmwares for a bit too see if you really notice a difference.

(Calibration can also have an affect on how the wheel behaves)

I tried to swap firmwares few times in the same trails, in the same day and I really noticed a difference: stronger pedals in accelerations, and no more pedal dipping in curves. I tried in the hard and medium mods. And for me the difference is really there. I’m the only one to feel this difference? 

9 hours ago, Alrog said:

I tried to swap firmwares few times in the same trails, in the same day and I really noticed a difference: stronger pedals in accelerations, and no more pedal dipping in curves. I tried in the hard and medium mods. And for me the difference is really there. I’m the only one to feel this difference? 

Maybe @Freestyler can go all the way in and check the pedal modes. Despite the checksum match... you never know! We need to go deeper!

Absolutely improbable to have a sha1 collision in just 2 firmware files.

It would take several quintillion firmwares to have a chance for collision.

Some researchers managed to forge 1 collision after spending 110k dollars in cloud computing power.

The probability that Begode made a mistake is infinitely higher, so no need to check further. :lol:

Exn c38 firmwares on the other hand don't have the same checksum, but binary diff analysis revealed no changes (as I wrote few months back in this thread).

I recently learned though, that binary diff analysis might not show tiny changes (eg changing just few numbers), so ex.n firmware can be put under the microscope for further checking.

Still unlikely though, as EMA reported no changes in behavior as well.

Edited by Freestyler
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Freestyler said:

Still unlikely though, as EMA reported no changes in behavior as well.

agree, i swapped multiple times "acc stab" and "stock" on EXN c38 without finding any difference, pedal behaviour is the same and feels like "stock"

recently i builded an RS c38 for a friend, fleshed "acc stab" but find it's behaviour like "stock"

on the EXN HS the difference between the two firmwares is pretty remarkable

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, EMA said:

agree, i swapped multiple times "acc stab" and "stock" on EXN c38 without finding any difference, pedal behaviour is the same and feels like "stock"

recently i builded an RS c38 for a friend, fleshed "acc stab" but find it's behaviour like "stock"

Soooo @Freestyler you hear that? Pretty remarkable. I have some more testing to do on this RS HS Ghost with Litech Molicel P42 packs.
Lukasz almost high amp overleaned it earlier today between 20-30kmh and a donkey acceleration that he will usually do on his MSP MSS.

Do you know the phase limit value of the RS HS with accelerated stability? The standard firmware value is quite low at 220A vs 250A for the MSP C30!

Yeap, it is remarkable, but you knew that already, since you did your own tests!

I'll see if I can cook a firmware with 6 pedal modes (3 original + 3 from the accelerated stability version) so that we don't have to swap firmwares. :P

Current limit is 220a for the accelerated stability version as well in rs c30.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, EMA said:

Interesting, how would you describe the difference between the two? 

On 6/9/2022 at 6:51 PM, Nick McCutcheon said:

Interesting, how would you describe the difference between the two? 

usually with acc stability the pedals are more flat, it raise them a bit when you accelerate and put them down when you brake

stock firmware gently dip the pedals according to lean direction and pedal mode to increase comfort and reduce fatigue

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 6/9/2022 at 4:32 PM, EMA said:

So I took another look on the now removed exn c38 accelerated stability firmware and though I would let you know EMA.

The pedal modes are identical, but there is a small change on another variable which I'm not sure what is it exactly.

It's not a PID value. Maybe a filter adjustment for the sensor data. It's 10 on the regular firmware and 5 on the accelerated stability. (Maybe less smoothed out data?)

It's a very small change, so maybe the difference cannot be felt (if it's there at all).

On the newer exn c38 firmware (with lower voltage), the value is kept the same as the regular firmware (5).

Edited by Freestyler