What is the "accelerated stability" firmware in the Begode app?

1 hour ago, Vam Monaco said:

THIS IS WHY

Then never do anything and dont ask us? Hundred of people update their wheels without issues. I told you to try, which was what I advise,not what you want me to tell you. 🤷

@letsdoscience glad it got fixed. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Nick McCutcheon said:

I'm surprised nobody has managed to determine what's different between these versions yet. Maybe I'll try both on my RST and see what the difference is.

@Vam Monaco

I think this was answered in another thread actually. I’ll restate:

It affects the pedal behavior. It lifts your toes just slightly on acceleration, and lifts your heels slightly on braking. I guess to give you more leverage or something to push against.

In my experience, it doesn’t fix “pedal dipping” outright; as in what happens in corners or upon really hard braking/acceleration, but it does counteract it to an extent. I use it on my monster pro. I don’t use it on anything else so far. 

Edited by Denny Paul
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Freestyler said:

I'm glad it worked! 

cc @EMA for your friend if he did not already fix his wheel.

he tried without success, btw the wheel is fine becouse he received a new board.

[ i'll try to get the bricked board sooner or later ]

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Denny Paul said:

@Vam Monaco

I think this was answered in another thread actually. I’ll restate:

It affects the pedal behavior. It lifts your toes just slightly on acceleration, and lifts your heels slightly on braking. I guess to give you more leverage or something to push against.

In my experience, it doesn’t fix “pedal dipping” outright; as in what happens in corners or upon really hard braking/acceleration, but it does counteract it to an extent. I use it on my monster pro. I don’t use it on anything else so far. 

Ah, I see! Which firmware has less of this lifting behavior? I'm not a big fan of it (I love my old MSX firmware) so I may want to switch to "accelerated stability" if that lessens the counter-lifting. I've never updated the FW before, so I'm assuming it's on the regular version.

12 hours ago, Freestyler said:

Correct. Pedal behavior is the only change.

Also don't bother trying it in the high torque (c38) versions (RS & ex.n), as the firmwares are identical.

Ah, are the actually the same? Or is the difference just so slight you wouldn't be able to notice. Classic Begode moment either way lol.

The RS c38 and the RS c38 accelerated stability are literally the same firmware bit for bit. (Same MD5)

The ex.n c38 and the ex.n c38 have a different MD5, but binary diff analysis reveals no changes.

Maybe it's a mistake? c38 models were always touted as having firmer pedals anyway, so maybe the change is not needed.

Edited by Freestyler
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Freestyler said:

The RS c38 and the RS c38 accelerated stability are literally the same firmware bit for bit. (Same MD5)

The ex.n c38 and the ex.n c38 have a different MD5, but binary analysis reveals no changes.

Maybe it's a mistake? c38 models were always touted as having firmer pedals anyway.

Wow, that's hilarious. At least I don't need to test them now :P By the way, is there a relatively easy method to grab the FW files from the Android app? I'm sure there isn't much I would be able to do much with them, but I am curious how people are extracting them from Begode/Veteran apps.

Edited by Nick McCutcheon

1 minute ago, Freestyler said:

The ex.n c38 and the ex.n c38 have a different MD5, but binary analysis reveals no changes.

Maybe it's a mistake? c38 models were always touted as having firmer pedals anyway.

i've an exn c38 and both firmware feels the same to me, and they are softer compared to the c30 accelerated stability 

32 minutes ago, Nick McCutcheon said:

Wow, that's hilarious. At least I don't need to test them now :P By the way, is there a relatively easy method to grab the FW files from the Android app? I'm sure there isn't much I would be able to do much with them, but I am curious how people are extracting them from Begode/Veteran apps.

After you flash your wheel, the firmware is found in the Android/data cache folder.

32 minutes ago, EMA said:

i've an exn c38 and both firmware feels the same to me, and they are softer compared to the c30 accelerated stability 

That confirms it then.

30 minutes ago, EMA said:

also i recently builded an RS c38 into an EXN shell, firmware feels softer compared to EXN

:whistling:

I can probably port the pedal behaviour from ex.n / RS c30 to RS c38 if you are bold enough to try it. :whistling:

Edited by Freestyler
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, EMA said:

also i recently builded an RS c38 into an EXN shell, firmware feels softer compared to EXN

:whistling:

the EXN Board looks identical to the RS one, minus the larger capacitors, maybe this explains the stiffer pedals?

5 minutes ago, enaon said:

the EXN Board looks identical to the RS one, minus the larger capacitors, maybe this explains the stiffer pedals?

Good point. People that install extra capacitors, report stiffer pedals. We installed one on our friend's RS.

7500μf compared to 2x ~650μf on the controller.

Edited by Freestyler
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, enaon said:

7 minutes ago, Freestyler said:

Good point. People that install extra capacitors, report stiffer pedals. We installed one on our friend's RS.

7500μf compared to 2x ~650μf on the controller.

that's interesting

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Freestyler said:

7500μf compared to 2x ~650μf on the controller

I have 2 x 560μf not 650 ;) 

72N5oK6.png

9 hours ago, EMA said:

that's interesting

Yeah the wheel feels like i can push it a bit more.. See pics.. 

viQejeu.png

I've put some foam blocks under it, to the left, to secure it ;) 

pXE0JYz.png

And yes, the "stability" is something you feel while riding..

• Upvote 1

Yes, but it is 7500 and not 750. Super capacitor territory :P

Seller: https://www.instagram.com/p/CWIxGHhs_7b/

More information in our forum: 

The anti-spark cable (which is just a xt-90 from what I understand) is super helpful to avoid sparks when connecting the batteries.

Edited by Freestyler
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Freestyler said:

but it is 7500 and not 750

I've been meaning to reply to @goatman about it, but then i saw @Freestyler answer, thank you! 😋

It's 7500μF quite huge but as advertised (no bias here)

• - more rigid pedals,
  • - more complex cutoff,
  • - eliminating the" floating " of the pedals on the comb,
  • - a longer battery life.
  • Like 1

On 3/31/2022 at 4:12 PM, EMA said:

Odd, I have a c38 exn as well and stock firmware had very noticeable pedal dip while turning. The accelerated stability I notice it much less.

• Like 1

On 4/1/2022 at 9:20 AM, Lefteris said:

viQejeu.png

I thought it was crucial for the caps’ operation to have them as close to the board/mosfets as possible. I could be wrong though.

• Like 1