IPS 191 Up and Down large Curbs - VIDEO

Kells

On 2/9/2016 at 7:54 AM, Kells said:

This is just a quick clip showing the versatility of the 191, this was the first day i've ever attempted this, surprisingly easy!

I had to gear up with all my protective gear in case I wasn't succesful :)

Awesome!!! But man, that tire pressure seems sooooooo low!

@adhermes you bring up a good point... i've never tested the pressure, i've just been running with it the way it was shipped..  I've had no issues, and since its only 30 degrees out, it may be even lower because of the cold.  Do you think I should inflate it more?  Not sure what that will change, I was under the impression running lower pressure in the winter will reduce slippage on snow.

25 minutes ago, Kells said:

@adhermes you bring up a good point... i've never tested the pressure, i've just been running with it the way it was shipped..  I've had no issues, and since its only 30 degrees out, it may be even lower because of the cold.  Do you think I should inflate it more?  Not sure what that will change, I was under the impression running lower pressure in the winter will reduce slippage on snow.

Yeah it will, but you get a lot less range. I inflate mine to 40PSI which I recommend. You're probably at 25 right now which isn't good. 

11 hours ago, Kells said:

Yeah I was actually going to say the same as @adhermes, but thought maybe my eyes were playing tricks on me.

You should check tire pressure regularly. They do ship with very low pressure usually. As well as reducing range, low pressure actually increases the potential for a pinch/puncture of the inner tube. I invested in a decent quality track-pump and make sure I'm on 48-50 each time before i ride.

• 3 weeks later...

my lhotz shipped with the pressure around 20.  I ride with it around 35 now.  The side of my tire reads 35-45 psi.  When I first pumped it up it was a big difference from the first few days i rode with it out of the box.  going straight to 40 or 45 might mess with your riding a bit.  After I pumped it up to 40 i struggled a bit with wobbles at certain speeds.  backing it down to 35 it feels perfect for me for right now.

Archived